Replacement for Les

Daft Kerplunk

I suspect the appointment of Mitchell would be delayed but is perhaps agreed verbally or in principle. Perhaps for next summer? Its not a coincidence that he was previously linked and now we have gone for the Leipzig manager who were both at the club together. We are very clearly going to copy the Leipzig model (our old model under Cortese and Poch - Pre balding old greedy fat man).

Its brilliant really, Les did nothing but dismantle the previous regime from the second he got control of the club. He's gone, and immediately we seem to be in for a Poch style manager and getting Mitchell back. All his hard work, completely ripped up and reversed within weeks... Love it.

If reed had stayed he would have been far worse for this club that Lowe. Taking us from a European contender to a league 1 team, whilst destroying our identity. I have no doubt.

I suspect the appointment of Mitchell would be delayed but is perhaps agreed verbally or in principle. Perhaps for next summer? Its not a coincidence that he was previously linked and now we have gone for the Leipzig manager who were both at the club together. We are very clearly going to copy the Leipzig model (our old model under Cortese and Poch - Pre balding old greedy fat man).

Its brilliant really, Les did nothing but dismantle the previous regime from the second he got control of the club. He's gone, and immediately we seem to be in for a Poch style manager and getting Mitchell back. All his hard work, completely ripped up and reversed within weeks... Love it.

If reed had stayed he would have been far worse for this club that Lowe. Taking us from a European contender to a league 1 team, whilst destroying our identity. I have no doubt.

What a load of old pony. Talk about revisionist history.

Reed was an integral part of our rise and should take great credit for our continued rise after poch left.

Things went wrong under his watch but just as he was rightly criticized for this so he should be given credit for when things went well.

This sort of ******** is what makes this forum so depressing these days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed was an integral part of our rise and should take great credit for our continued rise after poch left.

Things went wrong under his watch but just as he was rightly criticized for this so he should be given credit for when things went well.

Alright Les calm down.

Won't be Paul Mitchell.

There has been talk that former recruitment chief Paul Mitchell, now working for RB Leipzig, could return to the club.

However, the Daily Echo understands that is not an option that is currently being explored.

Source: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17274974.southampton-are-set-to-announce-ralph-hasenhuttl-tomorrow/

Couldnt agree with you more!

Nobody on here has any idea what goes on behind the scenes, right at the top! Saint86 has no idea whether Reed was moved on as he also didnt want to see the prize assets sold every season like us, its just easy to presume it was all Les's fault and what he wanted.

I would hazard a guess that the DoF would actually be the one that would want to keep the best players, as he is judged on team results/position, etc whereas the owners hold the purse strings and want to balance the books and make profit!?

spot on.

Alright Les calm down.

He's right though. Reed was appointed a year before we were promoted from League 1 and for all the good Cortese did (and I'm willing to give both of them enormous credit) he was sacked long before Reed for mishandling the clubs finances.

Rebuilding the squad in 2014 to be not only competitive but better for the next 2 years is a decent achievement and more impressive than simply spending our way out of League 1.

Went a bit quiet on this front. Whether theres any legs to the Mitchell rumour remains to be seen. This appointment is crucial however. All the talk of how good a manager RH is, but if theres a lack of vision from the top and recruitment remains poor then it doesnt matter who is in charge

Went a bit quiet on this front. Whether theres any legs to the Mitchell rumour remains to be seen. This appointment is crucial however. All the talk of how good a manager RH is, but if theres a lack of vision from the top and recruitment remains poor then it doesnt matter who is in charge

Do you think a top quality manager would join us if we have not changed our ways?

Mitchell will still have contacts at this club and I’m pretty sure RH has spoken to him about it.

IMHO Mitchell will join us soon.

• 4 weeks later...
All gone quiet really. A bit suprised we haven't brought in a DoF. Right to wait for the right person but surely a bit of a void at the club, and especially during a transfer window.

I would imagine Ralph picks the players we want & Ross will sign them.

Sky Sports are calling Ross Wilson the Director of Football Operations, is he filling in for Les temporarily?

Still amazing that the director of recruitment keeps his job don't you think? one flop signing after another!

Still amazing that the director of recruitment keeps his job don't you think? one flop signing after another!

Struggling to think who the last signing who is now a regular in the first team and has improved us is (hung over today mind!). Ings is a work in progress for me - so far so good but not enough games. Who else? PEH / Big Mac in 16/17 season - maybe Redmond?