Replacement for Les

Daft Kerplunk

Sounds like an estate agent who’s played too much FM.

Disagree, sounds like a young man who has amassed a wealth of knowledge from a lot of very good football people, sucked it up like a sponge and put it into practice to become successful. Ironic that he credits us a couple of times in terms of who he would like Norwich to emulate.

After Les, definitely worth a shot I think.

Too late, he's gone to Fulham.

Isn't that always the way at SFC. Whilst Ralph and his team are pondering their stagey for replacing the DoF and the team continue to play relegation football under a failed charlatan of a manger, other clubs work quickly to find their new men and get rid of the rotten apples in their own set-ups. By the time Ralph & Co get around to even considering options for Hughes, there won't be any decent managers left and we will way beyond the brink of salvation.

Isn't that always the way at SFC. Whilst Ralph and his team are pondering their stagey for replacing the DoF and the team continue to play relegation football under a failed charlatan of a manger, other clubs work quickly to find their new men and get rid of the rotten apples in their own set-ups. By the time Ralph & Co get around to even considering options for Hughes, there won't be any decent managers left and we will way beyond the brink of salvation.

what you on about, members of this and countless other forums are all experts ;)

Is this the same level of fact as Obafemi starting against Watford last weekend?
Yep reckon so, as Webber is apparently out in Florida currently with Norwich squad on a break. Telegraph piece said we were considering approach "later in the month" so can't see anything happening for a bit.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

IMO it needs more than 1 person to replace Les. For me, it’s an awful idea giving 1 man so much responsibility, like Les had.

Personally I’d like to see a complete restructure.

I’d like a CEO for football operations (what happens on the pitch at all levels) with a DOF and Head of Scouting reporting into him and a CEO for commercial operations (what happens off the pitch) finance/commercial director etc reporting into him.

Both CEO’s reporting into Gao.

The cross we current have with people like Ralph (who hasn’t done too bad commercially) getting involved in footballing decisions is just a complete mess, imo.

IMO it needs more than 1 person to replace Les. For me, it’s an awful idea giving 1 man so much responsibility, like Les had.

Personally I’d like to see a complete restructure.

I’d like a CEO for football operations (what happens on the pitch at all levels) with a DOF and Head of Scouting reporting into him and a CEO for commercial operations (what happens off the pitch) finance/commercial director etc reporting into him.

Both CEO’s reporting into Gao.

The cross we current have with people like Ralph (who hasn’t done too bad commercially) getting involved in footballing decisions is just a complete mess, imo.

I agree, but wouldn’t that be a CTO/COO and a CCO (technical/operations & commercial)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how would people rate Leicester's recent player recruitment?

Leicester have the best squad of players outside the top 6.

If you were making a best 11 of premier league players and couldn't have top 6 players you'd take 5-6 from Leicester.

So player recruitment wise they've been excellent

how would people rate Leicester's recent player recruitment?

Well Maddison is good, but we went for him also and Maguire is good, but I think most of us could have called that one as well.

They spent around £50 million on Iheanacho, Adrien Silva and Iborra last year, not sure any of them have set the world alight. Silva obviously they mucked up as he missed the deadline but still has only played 9 times for them, Iborra has not been a regular either last year or this year, and Iheanacho has just 4 goals for them and has been in and out of the team.

This year their big signings, aside from Maddison were -

Ghezzal - Only started 5 times and has 1 goal as a winger/attacking player

Benkovic - who they sent straight out on loan to Celtic

Söyüncü - who has played just twice (81 mins of football)

Pereira - who is their regular right back and has done ok looking at his stats

Danny Ward - back up keeper from Liverpool, who they weirdly paid about £12 million for.

Transfermkt has them spending over 112 million Euros for that lot, though of course they had the Mahrez sale.

Looks very hit and miss to me just like us and probably their best signing there is Maguire and Maddison, the latter we had identified and presumably Les sanctioned bids for.

Well Maddison is good, but we went for him also and Maguire is good, but I think most of us could have called that one as well.

They spent around £50 million on Iheanacho, Adrien Silva and Iborra last year, not sure any of them have set the world alight. Silva obviously they mucked up as he missed the deadline but still has only played 9 times for them, Iborra has not been a regular either last year or this year, and Iheanacho has just 4 goals for them and has been in and out of the team.

This year their big signings, aside from Maddison were -

Ghezzal - Only started 5 times and has 1 goal as a winger/attacking player

Benkovic - who they sent straight out on loan to Celtic

Söyüncü - who has played just twice (81 mins of football)

Pereira - who is their regular right back and has done ok looking at his stats

Danny Ward - back up keeper from Liverpool, who they weirdly paid about £12 million for.

Transfermkt has them spending over 112 million Euros for that lot, though of course they had the Mahrez sale.

Looks very hit and miss to me just like us and probably their best signing there is Maguire and Maddison, the latter we had identified and presumably Les sanctioned bids for.

They've signed plenty of expensive duds like Musa, Slimani, Mendy, Silva.

The kind of spending that if it was a different Sporting Director in charge of them, Glasgow would be jolly upset and listing them out over and over again.

They've signed plenty of expensive duds like Musa, Slimani, Mendy, Silva.

The kind of spending that if it was a different Sporting Director in charge of them, Glasgow would be jolly upset and listing them out over and over again.

He's only been in charge since September 2017 to be fair so actually only the last two windows apply.

Wasn't the guy who Everton stole, Steve someone? in charge for Musa, Slimani etc.? and he then went and signed a load of dud at Everton like Klaasen.

Note this bit:

Ahead of facing Fulham on Saturday in Claudio Ranieri’s first match as manager, there is a hope that the changes will inspire an upturn in form and, while Hughes is safe in the short-term, the club do not want to risk letting the season drift.

Have to implement this pretty quickly if it's to inspire anything ahead of Saturday.

Note this bit:

Have to implement this pretty quickly if it's to inspire anything ahead of Saturday.

l think they are suggesting the removal of Reed will inspire.

About a year ago a guy relatively high up in the club , non football related job had a major **** up in his department. He told me the problem couldn’t be avoided but ultimately he was in charge and admitted the buck stopped with him.

He was having a meeting to decide his future. He said he might get a warning , he might get the sack. He finished by saying he would take whatever happens unless it’s conducted by Reed in which case he would smack him.

We seem to like putting out names of who we are "considering" approaching nowadays don't we? Via Jeremy Wilson of course. Last week it was the Norwich guy (not mentioned at all in this article), now it's Mitchell.

We saw the same in the summer transfer window with players and ended up not delivering the big names that were bandied about, so I would rather we just got on with it rather than flagging names that we might approach in this way personally!

We seem to like putting out names of who we are "considering" approaching nowadays don't we? Via Jeremy Wilson of course. Last week it was the Norwich guy (not mentioned at all in this article), now it's Mitchell.

We saw the same in the summer transfer window with players and ended up not delivering the big names that were bandied about, so I would rather we just got on with it rather than flagging names that we might approach in this way personally!

Yes very much the club modus operandi these days put a load of names and guff through Wilson and then do none of it. Just a way of trying to keep the fan base sweet.

Mind you I always assumed I was Les who feed Wilson this stuff I guess it wasn't...or at least isn't now.

Yes very much the club modus operandi these days put a load of names and guff through Wilson and then do none of it. Just a way of trying to keep the fan base sweet.

Mind you I always assumed I was Les who feed Wilson this stuff I guess it wasn't...or at least isn't now.

It's probably some club appointed PR agency. I'm not sure what the point is because it just riles up fans who have had their hopes raised unrealistically.

I'd say the point was almost certainly to strengthen their negotiating position with their targets, rather than appease the fans.

The idea that it's intended to keep the fan base sweet just doesn't make sense; why would reaction to poor performance on the pitch be placated by the idea that we are failing to achieve our player and management recruitment targets.

I'd say the point was almost certainly to strengthen their negotiating position with their targets, rather than appease the fans.

The idea that it's intended to keep the fan base sweet just doesn't make sense; why would reaction to poor performance on the pitch be placated by the idea that we are failing to achieve our player and management recruitment targets.

In January the Walcott and promes leaks absolutely distracted the fans and didn't lead to much discontent up until the window closed and it was then too late. I expect the leaks are for both reasons.

In January the Walcott and promes leaks absolutely distracted the fans and didn't lead to much discontent up until the window closed and it was then too late. I expect the leaks are for both reasons.

In what way and to what purpose? All the Promes and Walcott stories did was make us look even more incompetent in that we failed to achieve our transfer targets.

Occam's razor; the explanation which makes sense is that we did actually try and sign those players and failed, so made a desperate bid for Carrillo as a last resort.

In what way and to what purpose? All the Promes and Walcott stories did was make us look even more incompetent in that we failed to achieve our transfer targets.

Occam's razor; the explanation which makes sense is that we did actually try and sign those players and failed, so made a desperate bid for Carrillo as a last resort.

Ohi think we tried to get them but I also think we leaked our interest so fans could see we tried to attempt to calm reactions. It's the same with the supposed legal action over Toby.

But why make it public knowledge through Wilson? We never used to do this. If the intention was to strengthen our hand in some way, it clearly didn't work! More likely to alert other clubs.