SFC Ownership Board

Dusic

So now we have it, from Krueger's mouth, the following are on the Ownership Board of the Club:

Mr Gao

Nelly Gao

Katherina Liebherr

Ms Li (Finance)

Ralph Krueger

Sorry, but IMO that isn't a group suitable to successfully run a PL football team and I wouldn't have any faith in them getting things right.

Massively lacking a CEO with football knowledge, let alone the eventual 'replacement' for Reed.

Worrying times.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17213570.southampton-chairman-ralph-krueger-on-les-reed-mark-hughes-the-january-window-and-gao-jisheng/

why are ralphs interviews always so confusing and basically, a load of waffle?

Exactly what he was brought in for , Talks so much **** that people just switch off and don't know whether what he is saying means things are good or bad !

It was easier to make sense of a MoPo interview, and he wasn't even speaking in English.

i think RK has a very overworked PA who uses a random word generator to save time writing speeches/soundbites for him, which he then reads out verbatim without checking them first.

I'm half way through reading the Echo transcript and my head is in a spin trying to work out what he's going on about. Ralph has succeeded in out waffling and corporate mumbo-jumbling himself with this one. Bizarre.

So now we have it, from Krueger's mouth, the following are on the Ownership Board of the Club:

Mr Gao

Nelly Gao

Katherina Liebherr

Ms Li (Finance)

Ralph Krueger

Sorry, but IMO that isn't a group suitable to successfully run a PL football team and I wouldn't have any faith in them getting things right.

Massively lacking a CEO with football knowledge, let alone the eventual 'replacement' for Reed.

Worrying times.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17213570.southampton-chairman-ralph-krueger-on-les-reed-mark-hughes-the-january-window-and-gao-jisheng/

So we have got rid Reed and rightly so based on last 2 years and now we are complaining we have no football knowledge...... what should they do then?

Perhaps we have a new "football knowledge" man coming in soon, should we give at least a few days?

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

I'm half way through reading the Echo transcript and my head is in a spin trying to work out what he's going on about. Ralph has succeeded in out waffling and corporate mumbo-jumbling himself with this one. Bizarre.

Here's a to:Dr of what I took from it.

Gao isn't investing into the club

No funds for January

They're going to be very slow in replacing Reed

Their patience with Hughes won't last too long if results don't improve quickly.

They still think the "roster" is good.

To be honest sounds like the only thing Gao and his lackies have actually planned is that Ralph will be the one swinging the axe if Hughes doesn't start getting results.

That is the biggest load of clap trap I have ever seen emerge from a board and I have seen some in my time basically

No vision

No strategy

No plan

No money

In summarry we will muddle through!

In the great words of wisdom from Sargent Frazier of Dads Army

We Are Doomed!

Krueger even makes Trump sound intelligent!

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

Here's a to:Dr of what I took from it.

Gao isn't investing into the club

No funds for January

They're going to be very slow in replacing Reed

Their patience with Hughes won't last too long if results don't improve quickly.

They still think the "roster" is good.

To be honest sounds like the only thing Gao and his lackies have actually planned is that Ralph will be the one swinging the axe if Hughes doesn't start getting results.

Sadly it doesn't look like they will be dumping Ralph any time soon.

If the board could guarantee 17th every year with the minimal outlay they would be happy. Money keeps coming in and sell any player half decent.

The trouble is, that at the moment the chances of finishing below 17th are increasing and that is causing panic due to the financial implications.

If the board could guarantee 17th every year with the minimal outlay they would be happy. Money keeps coming in and sell any player half decent.

The trouble is, that at the moment the chances of finishing below 17th are increasing and that is causing panic due to the financial implications.

i'd say that this is the intention of any PL club, except the big 6, Everton, Leicester and West Ham (and possibly Wolves have greater expectations)

Another Ralph PR Masterpiece.

The ownership board making key club decisions know less about soccer than a new born baby.

The ownership board made the decision to sack Reed & Hunter but have no clue what the next structure looks like...At all.

The ownership board think these sackings will directly effect 1st team performance and results.

We have a deep roster that can get the southampton football club back to a single digit championship year - so no need at all for January trades.

Confident our deep roster will get us back on track, after all Ralph watched them scrimmage at the arena yesterday and they made some great plays and touch downs.

Jesus wept. We are ****ed.

Another Ralph PR Masterpiece.

The ownership board making key club decisions know less about soccer than a new born baby.

The ownership board made the decision to sack Reed & Hunter but have no clue what the next structure looks like...At all.

The ownership board think these sackings will directly effect 1st team performance and results.

We have a deep roster that can get the southampton football club back to a single digit championship year - so no need at all for January trades.

Confident our deep roster will get us back on track, after all Ralph watched them scrimmage at the arena yesterday and they made some great plays and touch downs.

Jesus wept. We are ****ed.

And Les was so successful expanding his empire that we might have to hire several people to fill the vacuum.

"We are expecting a change in performance and a change in results with some minor shifts we have done within the club."

This is the interesting bit to me. The changes.... Reed/Hunter gone. I understand they are big players but in theory those two going on a thursday shouldnt impact the result at teh weekend. This means something has been happening that has been some form of interference - be it the team formation/personnel we may never know or we may know at teh weekend. Either way i found it a quite pointed and interesting comment. Interested to know if anyone has any snippets about what it is referring to??

Despite all the obfuscation, the clear message coming out of that interview is 'we've got no money, and should count ourselves lucky that for the moment, the owner isn't actively taking cash out of the club to support his debt'

Hopefully no one will bring up their erroneous understanding of FFP. The mechanisms of FFP allow for increased capital expenditure and wage expenditure every year, particularly for clubs who aren't participating in European competition. If the owner had cash and wanted to, he could pump in double-digit millions almost every year pretty much without penalty.

We've been sold down the river.

Krueger even makes Trump sound intelligent!

Trump is intelligent, as far as business is concerned. Gao should have done what Trump does...

get your own person in on the ground asap, that knows their field of expertise damned well, and that will give you the cold hard facts that you can then act on

... but Gao just drifted for his first year of majority ownership and trusted those already in place who'd spin any old line to keep their wages coming in.

I'm very glad that Reed has gone, however all the past few days (and the news on this thread) have shown me is that Gao has very little innate business acumen and is 100% clueless about football. I'd place money on things getting far worse before they get better, and as LeG has said above I could see Gao selling his 80% once the loans are clear and he can walk away with a lot of cash in his pocket.

Trump is intelligent, as far as business is concerned. Gao should have done what Trump does...

get your own person in on the ground asap, that knows their field of expertise damned well, and that will give you the cold hard facts that you can then act on

... but Gao just drifted for his first year of majority ownership and trusted those already in place who'd spin any old line to keep their wages coming in.

I'm very glad that Reed has gone, however all the past few days (and the news on this thread) have shown me is that Gao has very little innate business acumen and is 100% clueless about football. I'd place money on things getting far worse before they get better, and as LeG has said above I could see Gao selling his 80% once the loans are clear and he can walk away with a lot of cash in his pocket.

Trump has bankrupted is companies a number of times. If you regard his tactical use of bankruptcy as 'innate business acumen' then I can only hope that one day someone who owes you a large amount of money uses the tactic on you.

He is a nugget, what sort of CEO says to his fans: ‘We have 27 games ahead of us and it’s not going to be an easy ride back but we would like to push ourselves back to the top of the group that has been struggling of late then inch our way back to midtable’. If I am a player I am thinking about getting out of this mediocre shambles ASAP. As a fan he doesn’t make me want to go to st Mary’s. Bland unambitious, money laundering owners. Love the badge, but the owners are nasty. I said a while back, Les is Ralph’s shield and fall guy. If Watford win the heat mud get fully on Ralph.

Trump has bankrupted is companies a number of times. If you regard his tactical use of bankruptcy as 'innate business acumen' then I can only hope that one day someone who owes you a large amount of money uses the tactic on you.

He makes Gao look like the rank amateur he is.

I wouldn't say to no to the club being owned by someone with a net worth of around 3 billion USD. Gao has nothing as his lack of investment has shown as has Krueger's interview.

He is a nugget, what sort of CEO says to his fans: ‘We have 27 games ahead of us and it’s not going to be an easy ride back but we would like to push ourselves back to the top of the group that has been struggling of late then inch our way back to midtable’. If I am a player I am thinking about getting out of this mediocre shambles ASAP. As a fan he doesn’t make me want to go to st Mary’s. Bland unambitious, money laundering owners. Love the badge, but the owners are nasty. I said a while back, Les is Ralph’s shield and fall guy. If Watford win the heat mud get fully on Ralph.

not that i disagree with some of the sentiment but im not sure what hes said wrong here. Isnt he saying its importnat to get the poiints to get us out of the real scrap and work towards midtable. Sort of seams an ok ambition to be midtable end of this season really. Anything morethan that would be complete bs

I really wish someone at the club would just tell him not to speak in public, ever. I was just beginning to like him again but that was mainly because he'd been silent for so long. This is just pure rubbish, I don't know if he thinks giving interviews like this are helpful, but someone needs to tell him personally not to bother.

i'd say that this is the intention of any PL club, except the big 6, Everton, Leicester and West Ham (and possibly Wolves have greater expectations)

I agree, but people wouldn't have it three years ago...not for Saints that is. IMO, Les et al had a purple patch and milked it for all its worth. They believed in their own propaganda, complacency set in and the momentum slowed down to a crawl and now its in reverse. I really could see it happening but my words went unheeded.

Ralph’s interviews always seem to consist of a series of worrying, deflating, uninspiring messages wrapped up in irritating corporate speak.

Anyway, from this it looks like we can expect another barren January transfer window, and no meaningful investment from the owner. I’m not at all confident that Ralph’s “minor shifts” will result in the first team suddenly becoming able to score goals and defend during football matches.

When the owners sacked Reed and Hunter I stupidly thought they had a plan and we were about to see some significant changes at Saints... how wrong was I??

They've made a significant change but have no idea on the structure or people required to dig us out of this hole.

They're expecting results to change now... how deluded could you possibly be?? Are we about to see the first ever sack a vice-chairman bounce where we go on a winning streak or at least score more goals than our opponent for once.

It's an utter shambles.

Embarrassing.

God help us should Hughes have to be sacked or walks. No time for space or bloody satellites then.

Sometimes you look at a person or business that fails and you think "well, you got what you deserved..." Mr Gao, that person and business is you.

Gao brought the club with a loan. Relatively speaking, he’s potless.

Sooner he ****s off, the better. Whoever he is.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was something dodgy going on. The longer this bunch of non-footballing people stay in charge and make the decisions the more ****ed we'll be.

The interview with Ralph was laughable. Get the lot of them out of the club before they completely ruin it.

Whilst it's his usual corporate speak, I'm not as emotional about it as some others on here. From my 20+ years of working with people like him my take on what he's saying is;

It was tough getting rid of them but it was necessary due to a sustained slump in performance, which became clear since the summer.

There will be a root and branch review roles and responsibilities in the club, which will tell us if we need to bring in new people and for what roles. Internally 'day to day' stuff will get sorted but the priority is the team and getting back on track. We will pull in external expertise to help us work out the set up we need, however the role that Les did doesn't exist anymore. The football side of his old role needs more than what we have right now - we need to move with the times and remain competitive.

The academy is a strength but wasn't being run properly. We'll sort that out and will let you know. This is a priority as is being competitive in the PL.

Hughes is expected to deliver now that some things have changed and we feel good about Watford. Dust needs to settle before we figure out what happens next.

We've got good people running the football, they need to be left to get on with it. Ralph is taking responsibility for final sign off on recruitment and he has people working for him that he trusts. Everyone needs to step up. He will take tough decisions if needed.

Don't know about Jan, never plan to do much but will if need to. Need to get as much out of the squad we have first.

Everything about the club is healthy and good....apart from the results!

CODE FOR - LES GOT STUCK IN HIS WAYS, HAD TOO MUCH INFLUENCE AND BECAME OUT OF HIS DEPTH. HUNTER DID A BAD JOB WITH THE ACADEMY. HUGHES IS NEXT IF THE RESULTS DON'T PICK UP. OUR AMBITION IS STILL TO BE BEST OF THE REST BUT CLEARLY FALLEN WAY SHORT OF THAT RECENTLY. WE'RE GONNA GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT FOOTBALL TO HELP US.

Mr Gao

Nelly Gao

Katherina Liebherr

Ms Li (Finance)

Ralph Krueger

Worrying times.

Rarely have I read such incomprehensible and illiterate nonsense as that uttered to Adam Leitch by Ralph Kreuger.

This man does not use corporate speak. I have been party to corporate speak for most of my career and no senior figure in any blue chip company that I've been involved with ever used language remotely akin to this. Corporate speak is coded for a reason but the code is fairly easy to decipher.

This guy's language is purely his own interpretation of corporate speak that comes across as undiluted waffle incoherently disguised to confuse. He styles himself as the great communicator, you couldn't make it up. Surely he has exceeded his sell-by date for credibilty.

Mr Gao

Nelly Gao

Katherina Liebherr

Ms Li (Finance)

Ralph Krueger

Worrying times.

Please please please get this - Boards are not there to chose tactics and football teams!!!!

All companies have boards who know nothing the process at all!

Boards run companies and make decisions based on measuring performance, that is all that counts and all that matters. Boards make decisions, they don’t put cones out !

Boards employ expertise - that’s what they do

Get this into your head.

Anyway if you believe most (not all) cone placers know what they are doing, again sadly you are wrong. Most ‘footbal’ people actually know very little indeed about football, sport, coaching or come to that most things, least of all how to manage a business.

Again - yet again even, I refer you messrs Leibre and Cortese - turned out both had no football knowledge on their CV but seemed very good at Board level decisions despite that.

Whilst it's his usual corporate speak, I'm not as emotional about it as some others on here. From my 20+ years of working with people like him my take on what he's saying is;

It was tough getting rid of them but it was necessary due to a sustained slump in performance, which became clear since the summer.

There will be a root and branch review roles and responsibilities in the club, which will tell us if we need to bring in new people and for what roles. Internally 'day to day' stuff will get sorted but the priority is the team and getting back on track. We will pull in external expertise to help us work out the set up we need, however the role that Les did doesn't exist anymore. The football side of his old role needs more than what we have right now - we need to move with the times and remain competitive.

The academy is a strength but wasn't being run properly. We'll sort that out and will let you know. This is a priority as is being competitive in the PL.

Hughes is expected to deliver now that some things have changed and we feel good about Watford. Dust needs to settle before we figure out what happens next.

We've got good people running the football, they need to be left to get on with it. Ralph is taking responsibility for final sign off on recruitment and he has people working for him that he trusts. Everyone needs to step up. He will take tough decisions if needed.

Don't know about Jan, never plan to do much but will if need to. Need to get as much out of the squad we have first.

Everything about the club is healthy and good....apart from the results!

CODE FOR - LES GOT STUCK IN HIS WAYS, HAD TOO MUCH INFLUENCE AND BECAME OUT OF HIS DEPTH. HUNTER DID A BAD JOB WITH THE ACADEMY. HUGHES IS NEXT IF THE RESULTS DON'T PICK UP. OUR AMBITION IS STILL TO BE BEST OF THE REST BUT CLEARLY FALLEN WAY SHORT OF THAT RECENTLY. WE'RE GONNA GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT FOOTBALL TO HELP US.

That just says that the owners haven't got a clue on how to run a business let alone a football club. They are as much to blame as Les and Martin.

Rome is burning, Nero Ralph is setting up a committee...