One home win in one calendar year

Daft Kerplunk

A real dark period for the club. Reminds me of that Chris Nicholl season when we went 20 league and cup games without a win. It was a different flavour of **** up every game.

Hoping we can snap out of this rut. Who will be our Neil Rudduck (scored stoppage time penalty to beat Newcastle 1-0).

Its dire . Usually there are a few silver linings on the horizon, but frankly the whole club seems and feels detached from the fan base and the leadership on the pitch and desire seems to fall short all the time. Yes you need players with ability and skill, buy you also need characters and the right blend within every team. It all seems so unbalanced in so many areas. Sad times!!

A real dark period for the club. Reminds me of that Chris Nicholl season when we went 20 league and cup games without a win. It was a different flavour of **** up every game.

Hoping we can snap out of this rut. Who will be our Neil Rudduck (scored stoppage time penalty to beat Newcastle 1-0).

Give me Nichol’s young side, brimming with potential, if still a bit brittle, any day. Le Tiss, shearer, the Wallaces etc. Think they’d made the best ever start to a top flight season that year and they were great to watch.

Results at SMS over the last 12 months...

The SMS League table

.....................P.......W......D......L.......F........A.........GD........Pts

Rest of PL.......18......7.......9......2......26......18.........8.........30

Southampton..18......2.......9......7......18......26........-8.........15

Chelsea and Leicester city have won the same number of prem league games as us at SMS over the last 12 months.

Its ok, we say sorry to the fans, show some training pics midweek - maybe show a historical win on their facebook page from 2009, and then just serve up the same in the next game.

Exactly this. The bleating on social media about yesterday’s Austin goal/stupid interview bo**ocks has distracted from the fact the club has now won 5 league games in last 43 attempts under multiple managers. Draw was fair result, both teams had a shocker ref decision and Saints continue with a run that is simply pathetic.

Club need to tone down the training pics and patronising We March On nonsense. Get it off the hoardings, get the players off social media and train regularly enough to look like a remotely fit side ready for the PL. Pics of training are no good when we wilt in last 20 mins of games every single week. Fewer pictures for Twitter and more laps of the pitch wouldn’t go a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly this. The bleating on social media about yesterday’s Austin goal/stupid interview bo**ocks has distracted from the fact the club has now won 5 league games in last 43 attempts under multiple managers. Draw was fair result, both teams had a shocker ref decision and Saints continue with a run that is simply pathetic.

Club need to tone down the training pics and patronising We March On nonsense. Get it off the hoardings, get the players off social media and train regularly enough to look like a remotely fit side ready for the PL. Pics of training are no good when we wilt in last 20 mins of games every single week. Fewer pictures for Twitter and more laps of the pitch wouldn’t go a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally right......they will wheel out some poor non performer to bemoan their luck , conveniently forgetting the Watford obvious penalty. I'm sure " We deserved all 3 points " will feature together with the usual pretence of a solid bonded squad. Such rubbish. They should just get down to some serious fitness work and try to portay the semblance of a "team" in the next encounter

What old days? Even in the 90s wern't we pretty solid at home or so I've heard?

We were - well, apart from Branfoot where it varied. Terrible away from home, away wins were like Faberge eggs before April each season, but only 3-4 sides won at the Dell each season generally. We also had the 3 wins in a row at home to Man U, 3-1, 6-3 and 1-0. It was a mix of average (but hard working) players with MLT at the centre getting us over the line until the late 90s when Marian etc started to arrive. You've got to consider though the club was in a ground similar size to Bournemouth without a Russian benefactor and trying to pave the way for a new ground, which took years pf meetings and campaigns - I was at some of them!

No-one is going to fear coming to SMS but it isn't the stadium - no team looked forward to visiting it 2009-16 because they knew they'd get a serious game.