Class of 04/05 vs Class of 18/19

Cabrone

Lots of ppl on here saying we're relegation certs but to get some perspective on where we are at the moment here is a comparison of today's crop vs the class of 04/05 - the last time we got relegated from the prem.

Up to this point in the season the stats were:

2004/05 P 12 W 1 D 5 L 6 F 10 A 16 Pts 8

2018/19 P 12 W 1 D 5 L 6 F 08 A 21 Pts 8

The remaining fixtures till the half way point were\are:

2004/05 Portsmouth(h),Norwich(a),Palace(h),Man U(a), Boro(h),Spurs(a),Charlton(h)

2018/19 Fulham(a),Man U(h),Spurs(a),Cardiff(a),Arse(h),Udders(a),Spam(h)

Results are exactly the same but the 04/05 team was scoring more and shipping less with an easier (IMO) set of fixtures to the half way point.

That team got to game 19 on 14 points, we'd need 6 from our remaining fixtures to keep up.

In 04/05 we finished bottom on 32 points and 34 was the survival threshold. We are currently on track for 25/26 points so that team improved as the season went on.

Looks like our stats are currently worse than 04/05.

Over to you Gao.......

I reckon 30 points will keep us up this year.

Our saving grace may well be that there are 7 absolutely garbage teams in it this season, instead of just 4. There's one heck of a slag at the bottom of the Premier League at the moment. The current point scoring rate will have someone finishing 14th on about 28 points.

When I watched us at Pride Park this season I thought then that we were heading for relegation, sitting in SMS this afternoon I see no reason to change that assessment. It's not lack of effort, we just have a team made up of players who are not very good. We also lack any sort of mental resolve whatsoever, in any sort of adversary, we simply wilt.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

When I watched us at Pride Park this season I thought then that we were heading for relegation, sitting in SMS this afternoon I see no reason to change that assessment. It's not lack of effort, we just have a team made up of players who are not very good. We also lack any sort of mental resolve whatsoever, in any sort of adversary, we simply wilt.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Spot on comment

We were poor in pre season and this 'form' has continued into the League.

I actually think this squad is really only Championship material and will be reduced in any quality we have when relegated next season