Half season tickets

spyinthesky

They were advertising them on the big screen during the match yesterday gave my one laugh at the game at least

Me too, they were advertising games against Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Bournemouth. What better way to promote them then to advertise watching 4 defeats.

Literally can't think of a single reason to buy one to be honest, most home games aren't sold out now, even away games make it to members. The only reason i can think of is if we draw the skates in the cup.
I do quite a few games with my son, home and away. Not STH's or even members, never have a problem getting tickets for any games these days. If you want a ticket is pretty easy to get one.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I do quite a few games with my son, home and away. Not STH's or even members, never have a problem getting tickets for any games these days. If you want a ticket is pretty easy to get one.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

yep, really easy, although some away games are hard to get tickets for- Fulham went incredibly quick.

just look at the tickets we sold for the FA Cup Semifinal though, proof that we are finding it harder to shift tickets these days.

yep, really easy, although some away games are hard to get tickets for- Fulham went incredibly quick.

just look at the tickets we sold for the FA Cup Semifinal though, proof that we are finding it harder to shift tickets these days.

But you could go to Fulham in the neutral end so you could still attend the game if you wanted to.

Me too, they were advertising games against Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Bournemouth. What better way to promote them then to advertise watching 4 defeats.

Likely advertising them to the sort of fans who don't really support Saints but live in the area and like to watch live football. The or parents who have a kid that supports Saints and fancy "treating" them for Xmas. From the parents point of view they'll at least get to watch some good players.

A friend of mine bought a half season ticket the last time we got relegated from the prem. He wasn’t really a football fan at all but thought it looked good value mainly because we still had all the top teams to play (we had already failed to beat all the rubbish sides at home, if you remember).

He’s had a season ticket ever since!

Literally can't think of a single reason to buy one to be honest, most home games aren't sold out now, even away games make it to members. The only reason i can think of is if we draw the skates in the cup.

I can't think of a reason to get one, not one. Even if we drew them in the cup, I'd just jump in corporate if I had to.

I live in Cornwall and there's no way my son and I are going to spend 12 hours and £100 to go and watch a game. We usually try to get to at least five matches each season, but my 10-year-old has no interest in going after watching (via streaming) some of the dross we have served up so far this campaign. It's a real shame as I love a football day out with him, but I can totally understand his feelings. Attendances are falling now and long term, they may fall even further, unless changes take place soon.

Gave up my ST years ago as so many games on TV now, my round trip of 150miles is too much as I get older. I am not a member either as can get tickets for me and my grandson every game we wish to go to. So many empty seats last Saturday too so why buy 1/2 yearly ST? Official attendance shown circa 28K.

Beat Leicester in the cup and it will be manna from heaven for the advertising team “guarantee a ticket to Wembley with a half season ticket” forgetting that Man City stand in the way before the ticket becomes valid.

According to Mourinho, our last match with City was like a friendly for them ....

When I saw "half season tickets" I assumed the club was giving current STHs the opportunity to abandon them for the rest of the season.

Interesting to speculate how many season ticket holders would give up their tickets if the club offered to buy them back at a % loss to the supporter.

I'm daft enough not to be interested but guess there would be many who may be due to the ongoing dross being churned out each home game

I live in Cornwall and there's no way my son and I are going to spend 12 hours and £100 to go and watch a game. We usually try to get to at least five matches each season, but my 10-year-old has no interest in going after watching (via streaming) some of the dross we have served up so far this campaign. It's a real shame as I love a football day out with him, but I can totally understand his feelings. Attendances are falling now and long term, they may fall even further, unless changes take place soon.

I really sympathise with your post

I enjoyed taking my lad to away games (noting that we only won one ie the JPT Final) and watching home games when he was a season ticket holder last season.

However he has been unfortunate to only really being able to follow the Saints when they have been relatively **** poor.

At least I have been able to keep him away from following one of the so called big teams which must be a challenge for many Saints fans with kids