Fulham v Saints Build Up

trousers

Big game, lose this and it's time for somebody to pull the trigger. No idea how we'll do, I brick it when we play anybody in the Premiere league these days.

agreed, though not sure how fair it'll be for anyone when their opening 2 games would be United at home and Spurs away if Hughes was to go.

something has to give though, it is a must win for both sides.

the team I would play personally:

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshida Hoedt Targett

PEH Lemina

Redmond Armstrong Gabbiadini

Ings

Obafemi and Elyounoussi to be our subs at some point too.

we generally do well at Craven Cottage, and it is always a really really good away day, but the way we are playing and the general momentum means I'm going to predict a feisty 2-2 affair. Schurrle opens the scoring for them, we reply back with Armstrong and Gabbiadini and take the lead, before Mitrovic towers over Cedric at the far post late in the game to grab an equaliser.

Gonna be a little ironic if Targett gets to start against Fulham. Hope he does, Bertrand has been one of our worst performers this year, thankfully his love of yellow cards has forced Hughes to do something. Imagine Austin will also be suspended by then. Hopefully Ings will be OK, otherwise we will be left with Gabbi and O'Bafemi. Marcus Barnes on standby? Be nice to drop Hoedt and bring Stephens back but can see Hughes persisting with Calamity Wes.

Gonna be a little ironic if Targett gets to start against Fulham. Hope he does, Bertrand has been one of our worst performers this year, thankfully his love of yellow cards has forced Hughes to do something. Imagine Austin will also be suspended by then. Hopefully Ings will be OK, otherwise we will be left with Gabbi and O'Bafemi. Marcus Barnes on standby? Be nice to drop Hoedt and bring Stephens back but can see Hughes persisting with Calamity Wes.

Spot on Vectis, pretty much what's on my mind this morning. Matt always plays with exuberance, (where is Josh Simms?), and that change in passion and drive might be a positive, infectious energy the first team needs. Hoedt has had his chances and now reminds me of Squarehead Jos Hooveld everytime he's on the pitch. Mistakes, own goals and wreckless decision making. Yoshida deserves to start ahead of him - never thought I'd be the one to write that, shows how poor our replacement options are.

Gabbi needs match fitness.

By the way, when not playing, where do our first team players gain match fitness, as they don't appear in the U23s? Am I missing something?

Try and defend the goal , come away with a point from a 0-0 draw.

I'd pick to start

McCarthy, Fortser

Cedric, Maya, Jack, Jannik, Ryan , Targett

Romeu, Lemina, Davis

Redmond, PEH, JWP, Armstrong, Ely

Ings, Gabbi, Charlie, Gunn.

No room for Wes or Long, And I prefer Gunn up front to Long anyway.

Hopefully we have same ref as Saturday so he will miss our 2, 6 , 3, 5 ,4 formation.

This one will fall into the miss a few sitters and draw 0-0 category.

Then we get spankings from Utd and Spurs.

Then a 1-0 lead ****ed away in last second 1-1 draw with Cardiff and then a good old spanking from Arsenal and then a 0-0 with sitters missed vs Huddy...

...rinse and repeat...

A few on here including Ings but I can’t imagine he will recover from a hamstring strain in two weeks. We have loads of games coming up in December it would be madness to risk a rupture.

Suggest:

Alex

Cedric, Yoshi, Hoedt, Targett

PEH, Romeu, Lamina

Gabbi, Austin, Redmond

4-3-3 in possession, 4-5-1 out of possession

If all of Ings and Long are injured and Austin suspended then Barnes can’t be involved as he wasn’t named in the prem squad and is over 21 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few on here including Ings but I can’t imagine he will recover from a hamstring strain in two weeks. We have loads of games coming up in December it would be madness to risk a rupture.

Suggest:

Alex

Cedric, Yoshi, Hoedt, Targett

PEH, Romeu, Lamina

Gabbi, Austin, Redmond

4-3-3 in possession, 4-5-1 out of possession

Ings for Austin if fit, otherwise Obafemi. Armstrong for Romeu.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

If all of Ings and Long are injured and Austin suspended then Barnes can’t be involved as he wasn’t named in the prem squad and is over 21 now.

Good point, forgot about that. Makes you wonder what the point was of keeping him in house, should have been loaned out.

The winner of this game will be obviously be very pleased in the short term. But the loser will surely sack their manager, and head straight for big Sam. Who will undoubtedly save them from the drop. I cant really see him at our club, so it'll be Fulham that get him. So we'll have to win to make that possible. Logic.

The winner of this game will be obviously be very pleased in the short term. But the loser will surely sack their manager, and head straight for big Sam. Who will undoubtedly save them from the drop. I cant really see him at our club, so it'll be Fulham that get him. So we'll have to win to make that possible. Logic.

Well we have been following the we're a south coast sunderland approach, so getting a depressing awful expensive big sam spell would fit.

Is that true? Hes 21 at the moment, not 100% how the bandings work....

Austin isn't suspended either?

Yes he wasn’t listed on the ‘B’ U21 list either, think for U21 you have to be born on or after 1 January 1997 for this season. The Austin suspension was more because of his interview outburst, so he may well not get suspended, and Ings could be back anyway as well.

Yes he wasn’t listed on the ‘B’ U21 list either, think for U21 you have to be born on or after 1 January 1997 for this season. The Austin suspension was more because of his interview outburst, so he may well not get suspended, and Ings could be back anyway as well.

Ah, no chance Austin will be banned for that interview...!!

Was trying to find the official list of players eligible, but couldnt find it.

They will win. We will say he's got to go now, surely? He won't. It will then all start again. Fed up with it. Would rather play horrible football and accumulate points a la Allardyce for a bit as it's too disheartening just waiting for our defence to crumble and our paper thin confidence to shatter from just about any decision made by the ref. Also disheartening looking at a bunch of players without leaders or desire. And a manager who neither does anything on the training ground or during matches to change things. We deserve to go down if we don't change any of that.

They will win. We will say he's got to go now, surely? He won't. It will then all start again. Fed up with it. Would rather play horrible football and accumulate points a la Allardyce for a bit as it's too disheartening just waiting for our defence to crumble and our paper thin confidence to shatter from just about any decision made by the ref. Also disheartening looking at a bunch of players without leaders or desire. And a manager who neither does anything on the training ground or during matches to change things. We deserve to go down if we don't change any of that.

I don't believe the players play without desire. I thought they played with determination and great effort on Saturday. The problem is a complete loss of self confidence and that is something the last two managers have failed to inspire. I still believe a good manager who wins the players respect could make something good out of this squad.

Spot on Vectis, pretty much what's on my mind this morning. Matt always plays with exuberance, (where is Josh Simms?), and that change in passion and drive might be a positive, infectious energy the first team needs. Hoedt has had his chances and now reminds me of Squarehead Jos Hooveld everytime he's on the pitch. Mistakes, own goals and wreckless decision making. Yoshida deserves to start ahead of him - never thought I'd be the one to write that, shows how poor our replacement options are.

Gabbi needs match fitness.

By the way, when not playing, where do our first team players gain match fitness, as they don't appear in the U23s? Am I missing something?

Went on loan to Reading. Blowing Hot and Cold and can't even get in the squad for their home match against bottom of the league.

With any sense we'll recall him in Jan.

I don't believe the players play without desire. I thought they played with determination and great effort on Saturday. The problem is a complete loss of self confidence and that is something the last two managers have failed to inspire. I still believe a good manager who wins the players respect could make something good out of this squad.

The players' poor passing and decision making at critical moments, ie who to pass to (as often analysed in MOTD) are both symptoms of decreasing confidence as a result of indifferent management and training.

The players' poor passing and decision making at critical moments, ie who to pass to (as often analysed in MOTD) are both symptoms of decreasing confidence as a result of indifferent management and training.

Agree with you about lack of confidence and decision making - some of that can be put down to the coaches and manager, but I think a lot is about players taking responsibility for their own actions on the pitch in those critical moments of the match. So many matches are won and lost based on what happens in the last 15 minutes. We don't have enough leaders on the pitch who can keep us playing calmly and producing our best football in that critical period, and too many who go into headless chicken mode and stop picking their passes and being brave in possession.

When you are in front with 15 mins to go, there should be opportunities to pick off the opposition who are coming on to you, but you need to have players who are calm and brave enough to get their heads up and use the spaces that are opening up at that stage of the game. And you need players with the mentality at the other end of the pitch to step up and take the chances to kill the game. We just don't seem to have players with those qualities right now, and that's not all down to the manager.