Fulham v Saints Build Up

trousers

Ah, no chance Austin will be banned for that interview...!!

Was trying to find the official list of players eligible, but couldnt find it.

List is on the keeping track of the contracts thread, there’s a link on the last page somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t Fulham are as bad as their league position indicates and they’re getting better. It’s the Saints way to gift them a helping hand, but I think this has draw written all over it. Hughes will not be sacked. I am changing my view now though...he needs to go.

Getting better? Their only win came in August and they’ve lost their last 6. They may play it around a bit but their defence is like a rusty colander.

Decisive action from Fulham - perhaps we should now sack Hughes and hire Jokanovic. That's a plan.

What hiring yet another manager who seems to have proved that the gulf between the Championship and the Premier League is far too wide for many. Fulham have spent a King's Ransom on a team that seemed the bee's nut at the lower level. So something must be basically wrong with the manager's ability in the PL surely.

We've missed a trick there. Would've loved to have someone so widely respected as Ranieri with us (much like when Koeman was our manager) - pretty sure he would've commanded the respect from the players straight away and we'd see an up-turn in fortunes. Now the Fulham match has gotten much tougher and I'm guessing we'll another patchy performance and a late goal from the opposition!

We've missed a trick there. Would've loved to have someone so widely respected as Ranieri with us (much like when Koeman was our manager) - pretty sure he would've commanded the respect from the players straight away and we'd see an up-turn in fortunes. Now the Fulham match has gotten much tougher and I'm guessing we'll another patchy performance and a late goal from the opposition!

Ranieri is not all he's cracked up to be. People remember that he won the PL with Leicester, but gloss over the fact that he was sacked the following season with the team in 17th place. His success was also largely based on what Pearson had built at Leicester. Nice bloke, but I don't think he was the answer to our current woes.

I'm not sure hiring a manager from a team whose defensive woes makes Hoedt and Stephens look world class in comparison is the best idea...

What hiring yet another manager who seems to have proved that the gulf between the Championship and the Premier League is far too wide for many. Fulham have spent a King's Ransom on a team that seemed the bee's nut at the lower level. So something must be basically wrong with the manager's ability in the PL surely.

Apologies, I should've perhaps have added one of those smiley, winkey things after my post! That said, you probably don't have to look too far on this board to find people who have lorded Jokanovic against whatever manager we've had at that particular time.

Another missed opportunity as Ranieri was a free agent. Now Fulham just need to score four against us to leap over us and maybe see us drop to bottom/

Really? You would have been happy if we had dumped Hughes and brought in Ranieri ? B#llo#cks you would! You'd have been moaning for months.

Notwithstanding Ranieri's abilities or otherwise Fulham will be lifted by this appointment. They won't need much of a lift to get beat the current morass of mediocrity that are Saints!!

We beat Crystal Palace away in Roy Hodgson's first game in charge.

The managerial bounce tends to come a couple of matches in.

It'll be interesting to see how our "attack" fares against the worst defense in the league. I'm not optimistic, we'll get chances but expect to miss them. Sessegnon could have a good day against our leaden-footed defenders, especially as the game progresses and our players tire. I'm rapidly losing all hope for this team when the best we can manage is one good half of football against the likes of BHA and Watford, and embarrassing surrender against the big boys. We are there for the taking and Fulham will know it.

Ranieri is not all he's cracked up to be. People remember that he won the PL with Leicester, but gloss over the fact that he was sacked the following season with the team in 17th place. His success was also largely based on what Pearson had built at Leicester. Nice bloke, but I don't think he was the answer to our current woes.

You can’t deny his managerial CV, despite the Greece blip, is very impressive.

You can’t deny his managerial CV, despite the Greece blip, is very impressive.

Has had highs and lows. That's the point, he seems to be held up as some sort of super manager, but he isn't. Yes, he own the PL at Leicester (with a team largely built by Pearson and predecessors) and within a few months of the following season he was gone with Leicester in 17th place. Failed at Nantes, failed in Greece. Failed in Valencia (second time). Of course he had some great success as well. He is however, a thoroughly likeable guy, I would have been very happy if he had been appointed but its not a disaster that we failed to get him, and it will be interesting to see if he can turn Fulham around, turning relegation threatened teams is not his forte.

Matt target in Dubai according to his instagram. Maybe he's just arrived today but team were training yesterday so don't know if he's injured or what? Hasn't been on bench last couple of games.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Tough life isn't it.

Expect they've been given Thursday-Monday off as it's Internationals. And let's be honest, Hughes hardly seems the type to work them very hard.

Getting better? Their only win came in August and they’ve lost their last 6. They may play it around a bit but their defence is like a rusty colander.

You need to look beyond the results....yes they've been even more gash than us, but it's clear they are starting to do the basics much better. Ranieri will get them in a place that will be a big test against our fragile squad and I'm wondering now if we will even manage a draw.

At least a colander has something between the holes. our defence doesn't.

PS aren't colanders made of stainless steel?

At least a colander has something between the holes. our defence doesn't.

PS aren't colanders made of stainless steel?

Ignoring Man City our defence has conceded 1 goal in 3 matches. Not really the issue is it. Once we got Captain Slow out of the team things looked up, even Calamity Wes seems to have improved.

From what I remember he was no great shakes at Nantes. Then again that's a pretty rubbishy side these days.

They still live in the past from their glory days of the 80s when money didn't count for much in football.

Saw them down at Bordeaux last season, and the were very well organised, definitely 4 4 putain deux

They said anything less than a win against Watford & Hughes would be gone, surely he has to deliver here, the games are passing us by & it feels like we can't even remember the last time we put three points on the board.... Do you think the trigger will finally be pulled if we fail to win?.. I imagine they would want an immediate replacement lined up

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

They said anything less than a win against Watford & Hughes would be gone, surely he has to deliver here, the games are passing us by & it feels like we can't even remember the last time we put three points on the board.... Do you think the trigger will finally be pulled if we fail to win?.. I imagine they would want an immediate replacement lined up

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Didn't we have the same comments last year, week after week ?

What has changed ? The Head Ditherer has gone, but the Ditherer's Apprentice is still in residence (Wilson), and then there is Ralph, King of Waffle, to oversee things.

Ignoring Man City our defence has conceded 1 goal in 3 matches. Not really the issue is it. Once we got Captain Slow out of the team things looked up, even Calamity Wes seems to have improved.

Exactly this. I know it's popular to have a scapegoat on here, but Hoedt has played very well recently. Nobody on here likes to admit that they're wrong, so everyone just pretends otherwise.

Exactly this. I know it's popular to have a scapegoat on here, but Hoedt has played very well recently. Nobody on here likes to admit that they're wrong, so everyone just pretends otherwise.

He still has his comedy passes. I loled against Watford. Did a good tackle, followed by a bad pass straight to them, made up for it with a good tackle to win it back, followed straight away by another awful pass then another tackle to finally get it away from danger.

I said he had improved didn't say he had played very well, still full of errors. Have always maintained he will be good one day, but has been very bad so far. Its not a case of people having to admit they are wrong about him. He has been very poor and seems to be improving in the last couple of weeks, probably due to him having better partners as my h as anything now that the Dane has been dropped.

The only problem with this one is the manner in which Fulham are going to beat us. We can all accept a close defeat if we play well, but to lose to the League's bottom side so comprehensively and without any fight is totally unacceptable.
Interesting that you've seen the game already.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The only problem with this one is the manner in which Fulham are going to beat us. We can all accept a close defeat if we play well, but to lose to the League's bottom side so comprehensively and without any fight is totally unacceptable.

You are the worst WUM/Troll in the history of the internet.