Saints to give £250,000 to Gift to Richard Scudamore

Hatch

If he's been even half sensible with his money, he'll have enough to buy a 12 acre estate in Surrey, a chalet in Verbier and a Villa in the Maldives, with enough change left over to fly his family between them (first class) for the next 50 years. Why a man who has been CEO of the Premier League for 20 years needs a 'retirement gift' I have no idea.

All that being said, I'm not in the slightest bit surprised.

Pure greed, surprised they allowed it to be made public. You've got people struggling to afford tickets plus grass roots facilities struggling but £5M whip round for a bloke who is already a millionaire? No problem.

If you analyse where all the money originates from, it's Robin Hood in reverse, although that the PL is a vastly successful (financially) organization now no doubt he will feel entitled to his money. Bill Gates aside, it would be refreshing for the obscenely wealthy to give a little back now and then but it rarely seems to happen. Many players "earn" 5M+ each year, including some 3rd choice goalkeepers or so I hear. What do they do with all the money, seriously ?.

Just another greedy pig at the trough....

It's not really that surprising is it. If you look at it like a business he's made an absolute shed load of cash for the teams. I wish it wasn't run like that but it is.

What’s his annual salary for then (reported to be circa £2.2m)? Just turning up for “work”? How many nurses would the going away present employ?

"Dinnage joins from media organisation Discovery, where she was the global president of the Animal Planet channel."

cool beans.

I suppose at least she will have experience in managing an entertainment business focused on a bunch of animals.

I guess she is no relation to the skate on tv then?

Women popping up all over the show now in football - and not all of it has to do with being the best candidates for their roles.

And now we’re paying off an incredibly rich turd £5m when we’re one of the most impoverished countries for qualified coaches.

Makes sense.

Well you could argue that the massive increase in tv money is what they have got from his leadership. I don't like it but it's true.

It's not exactly a hard sell, when half of Asia is mad for one of the big six. Plus most of the money just ends up being chucked around agents, transfer fees and wages. For all the money we get paid, we still apparently need to sell to buy players.

It's not exactly a hard sell, when half of Asia is mad for one of the big six. Plus most of the money just ends up being chucked around agents, transfer fees and wages. For all the money we get paid, we still apparently need to sell to buy players.
Well I don't think that's particularly fair. If it was so easy to see such a giant increase in money then all the other leagues would have done it. Under his leadership they've increased the revenues massively and from the clubs point of view I could see why he should take at least some of the credit for that. Its not that I like there being so much money in the game or that I'm glad it's happened but I can see why most of the clubs would view him as worthy of some of the credit for it. The reason that amount is a relative drop in the ocean for them has a fair bit to do with him. Edited by hypochondriac

Well I don't think that's particularly fair. If it was so easy to see such a giant increase in money then all the other leagues would have done it. Under his leadership they've increased the revenues massively and from the clubs point of view I could see why he should take at least some of the credit for that. Its not that I like there being so much money in the game or that I'm glad it's happened but I can see why most of the clubs would view him as worthy of some of the credit for it. The reason that amount is a relative drop in the ocean for them has a fair bit to do with him.
This

As most people have said, nothing but scandalous and hopefully SFC will for once prove they have some backbone and tell Buck and his Chelsea cronies where to go. After all, if Buck loves his mate so much, he can pay all of it...he must have the money after all.

However if Saints go along with this charade, then I'm sure they will recoup the loss by whacking up season ticket prices and everything else fans pay for on match days. Oh and probably to watch more of the dire rubbish the team have served up the last two or three years.

Personally, I think the vast majority of senior management in all businesses are "dodgy" at best and some are corrupt. Just look at the banks scandals and Tesco as examples of this.

I've got a much better idea where Saints could pay that £250k towards, saying that a season ticket is about £500, how about renewing 500 free season tickets away in a ballot or draw. Think the club would get slightly better publicity doing that.

My proposal would be this:

Any team that’s been in the premier league during his time should pay a % of the £5m based on the amount of seasons they spent in the league. The teams who have spent the most time in the league will pay the most. Seems fair given the rise in TV revenue. Champions league clubs should contribute further due to the 4 spots the premier league gets.

Then money will be deducted for every team that dropped out of the premier league and was subsequently placed into administration, went under or had to be bought out. The deduction should be equivalent to the tax bill/money owed at time of administration.

If it ends up being a negative total he can go shove his bonus up his arse due to the negative effect of his tenure on teams. If it’s positive then Chelsea can pay it from their oil money. Or city can pay it to somehow offset their FFP and cheat the league further.