VAR next season

kwsaint

You make interesting points but on the contrary, VAR corrects wrong decisions, improves the live atmosphere by increasing suspense and supports the referees. So whilst I respect your points they're all wrong and you should consider a retraction of your comments.

VAR corrects as many right decisions as it does wrong, irrespective of how FIFA spin the stats. We all saw it. Absolute nonsense of a system, implemented by anonymous idiots. No need for a ref at all if they're going down this route. Button pressers and video screens are far better than wasting our time with human fallability.

As for atmosphere, suspense makes people quiet, not loud.

All 3 are morons then. How on earth was Yoshida in Fosters eye line?

Completely agree with that, however crap reffing decisions (of which we only ever remember the ones we're negatively impacted by, not the positive ones) are not a reason for throwing away a system that's worked perfectly adequately for the best part of 150 years to replace it with one which isn't any better.

You’re talking nonsense, the law states “clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision” - being in someone’s peripheral vision is not obstructing the line of vision.
Sorry, I should have made it clear, that's the argument that the radio presenters were discussing, so I don't really know.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Under the scenario that he was in an offside position, and in the eyeline of the goalkeeper, and therefore active and interfering with play.

As I was driving back from the game on Sunday morning, it was being discussed on a radio program (talk sport I think) and all three presenters thought that the referee got it right.

FWIW I suppose I should clarify that I don't actually agree with what the presenters were saying during this program. I was in the stadium and I thought it wad a perfectly good goal at the time, and I still do now. My point was / is that even when people review different situations in a game they will come up with different interpretations, therefore VAR will not necessarily eradicate poor decisions from the game.

Everybody on here thinks it was a goal, but others disagree having seem the same evidence. Opinions.

Completely agree with that, however crap reffing decisions (of which we only ever remember the ones we're negatively impacted by, not the positive ones) are not a reason for throwing away a system that's worked perfectly adequately for the best part of 150 years to replace it with one which isn't any better.

presence-Luddites-textile-mill-2.jpg