Female pundits

whelk

How about a thread on jews on TV? Or blacks? Or moslems? Or gays?

"Nothing against them and lots of good contributors in podcasts but now seems a proliferation and everyone is queuing up to employ to show they are progressive so much so that they dare not line up without one."

I just want presenters on there based on merit not any other criteria.

I like alukio (sorry) on the world cup, offerees a lot more than most of the men so keep her get rid of the deadwood men.

All these pundits for any sport need to realise they need to bring something to the party, do repeat the obvious or clichés.

And while I'm at it boxing commentary is ripe for a change leading up to and in between rounds not good boxers poor commentators

"Nothing against them and lots of good contributors in podcasts but now seems a proliferation and everyone is queuing up to employ to show they are progressive so much so that they dare not line up without one."

well said. lid is off the simmering pot of casual sexism (and all the others these days)

When Mark Lawrenson says something pathetic (as he usually does), we have a thread on how poor a pundit he is. When a female pundit says something similar, we have threads about all female pundits being poor. Don’t worry, they’re not all bad they cry - I like one of them.

Point this out and people like hypochondriac call you a bigot. Lest we forgot that this is a man who has so little contact with women, he had to make up a girlfriend to impress people on the internet.

Ebony Rainford Brent is excellent on TMS, as are most of the female commentators whereas the pundits are of very poor quality male or female. I'm sure the sexism in this post is meant in jest and to get a rise but i'd be more worried about the very poor standard of punditry overall.

They’re bloody hopeless, the lot of them. It’s embarrassing having some dopey bird sat talking with Souness & other great players. You wouldn’t have Dave who won 18 trophies with The dog & duck giving analysis so why are these lot on. Well we know why, if they had a penis they wouldn’t be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow.

What summed it up for me was 60 years of TMS podcast. What was the first “great” TMS memory mentioned. Botham’s ashes, Sobers 6 6’s, Grovel series, 2005 ashes, Truman’s 300th wicket, Ray illingworths side wining in Aus?

No, it was the birds team winning the “World Cup”. Complete and utter virtual signalling, they’ve lost the ****ing plot.

They’re bloody hopeless, the lot of them. It’s embarrassing having some dopey bird sat talking with Souness & other great players. You wouldn’t have Dave who won 18 trophies with The dog & duck giving analysis so why are these lot on. Well we know why, if they had a penis they wouldn’t be.

OMG. Check your privilege, man.

If they had penises it wouldn't necessarily mean they were men!

What summed it up for me was 60 years of TMS podcast. What was the first “great” TMS memory mentioned. Botham’s ashes, Sobers 6 6’s, Grovel series, 2005 ashes, Truman’s 300th wicket, Ray illingworths side wining in Aus?

No, it was the birds team winning the “World Cup”. Complete and utter virtual signalling, they’ve lost the ****ing plot.

It'd be interesting to see them play a decent boys' sixth form team.

When Mark Lawrenson says something pathetic (as he usually does), we have a thread on how poor a pundit he is. When a female pundit says something similar, we have threads about all female pundits being poor. Don’t worry, they’re not all bad they cry - I like one of them.

Point this out and people like hypochondriac call you a bigot. Lest we forgot that this is a man who has so little contact with women, he had to make up a girlfriend to impress people on the internet.

Massive lol. Still peddling fantasies I see. I've named at least four I like and at no point have I referred to every female commentator. You just like to see the spectre of sexisn in every shadow. It's a weak trait. I'm sure female pundits are capable enough to fight their own battles without you white knighting for them.

Don’t worry, they’re not all bad they cry - I like at least four of them.
I'm not sure I could name more than about 8 female pundits. I reckon a 50% pundit approval rating beats my percentage for male pundits so it's quite possible that I like a higher percentage of female pundits than male ones.

There are some good female presenters but the majority of female pundits I've seen are shocking.

Particularly annoying if their inclusion is stopping excellent young pundits such as Keith Andrews and Liam Rosenior from getting top games, for the sake of ticking a PC box.

But what we have to remember is that all companies now have to show that they are not sexist in their recruitment.

This can of course work the other way (ie against men) where I know that a certain organisation positively descriminated for women in replacing a high level male person - in 2 cases.

There was no way the new recruit would be a man.

Now I am not against women having these positions and in fact am sure that they will fill the position expertly - but is this now going too far the other way or is this the price we pay for the male run poor recruitment and treatment of women in the workplace over previous years? Do we only have ourselves to blame?

Massive lol. Still peddling fantasies I see. I've named at least four I like and at no point have I referred to every female commentator. You just like to see the spectre of sexisn in every shadow. It's a weak trait. I'm sure female pundits are capable enough to fight their own battles without you white knighting for them.

Do you like them cos they're good at their job, or cos they've got nice tits?