Fulham 3-2 Saints - Post match

saint lard

Jacob Steinberg

@JacobSteinberg

2m2 minutes ago

More

"You're getting sacked in the morning," chant the Southampton fans. Poor Mark Hughes.

Says it all.

Hughes must not survive this.

Awful manager.

Edited by Batman

It won’t be the fashionable view but I don’t think there are grounds to fire Hughes today. We were much the better side – undone by needless individual errors. AFAIC we’ve played better this year than last, but missed chances and mistakes are killing us.

We are NOT among the three worst sides in the division.

Our defence just stinks, you can't give up 3 goals and win.

We have no cohesive attack. All of our opportunities come because the ball bounces around and we get lucky. You can't score consistently this way, its 75% lucky. Watch the good teams, they build up and predictably create chances. All our mids are like holding mids (maybe Armstrong aside), and this leaves out forwards isolated (no matter which one). Austin, Gabbi, Ings, Long, etc., none of them look good because of this. They have to come back out of position just to get touches which defeats the whole purpose. And yes I know we looked more dangerous at the end of the match, but this was because Fulham parked the bus for the last 5 minutes.

We need a reral attacking mid or two, and a complete rehaul of the central D.

It won’t be the fashionable view but I don’t think there are grounds to fire Hughes today. We were much the better side – undone by needless individual errors. AFAIC we’ve played better this year than last, but missed chances and mistakes are killing us.

The ground are that we're not winning, that's good enough for me.

We will stay up with or without Hughes but I'd rather we finished higher than 17th.

The club is a shambles and nothing has been done since the new owner came in. Kat promised she would never sell to anyone who could not take the club forward. I'm afraid she lied and has completely disrespected the dream and aspirations of her father after all the work and money he put into this club. Disgraceful and she should hang her head in shame.

The individuals that Hughes keeps persisting with, ie. Hoedt and Cedric

1 win in 14 league games. 5 in 44.

Pretty sure we're quite ****e.

But sadly after the next couple of games we will be in the bottom three. He needs to go I'm afraid and we need to see if anyone can save us because as it stands we are down.

I've got news for you....

Keep taking the optimism pills. The defence, especially in the fullback areas, was amateur as best, and how many clear chances did either Gabi or Chas have ?

"but missed chances and mistakes are killing us"

Surely the coaches should have addressed this by now, it's the same every flipping week.

No lessons were learnt from last season despite what Ralph keeps telling us. The fact he's stated they'll be no investment and they have full confidence in Hughes says it all. They're clueless and the lack of football experience at board level worries me for the long-term stability of our club.

Keep taking the optimism pills. The defence, especially in the fullback areas, was amateur as best, and how many clear chances did either Gabi or Chas have ?

"but missed chances and mistakes are killing us"

Surely the coaches should have addressed this by now, it's the same every flipping week.

All down to fitness. We don't have that and it's inexcusable.

Agree with the comment that Hughes did not keep us up - we stayed up due to Swansea having a shocking end to the season. I said it at the time.

I don't like this rewriting of history, we got the wins we needed to stay up. Had we lost every single game, we'd have been relegated. So yes, Hughes did keep us up, whether you like it or not.

hughes needs to go - he can't get the best out of the squad and they have no belief. It's been the same since puel - he started it and it continues to rot away. We do have good players, much better than 17th and on paper should be above bournemouth but it's up to the manager to motivate them and make then believe again. hughes clearly can't do that.

No lessons were learnt from last season despite what Ralph keeps telling us. The fact he's stated they'll be no investment and they have full confidence in Hughes says it all. They're clueless and the lack of football experience at board level worries me for the long-term stability of our club.

Yes, you have summed it up perfectly. We got a lifeline at the end of last season but our complacency, which I identified 4 years ago, knows no bounds and once again we failed to strengthen the weak points that had been identified.

0 wins in 9 its not just today Canada. Tactically naive cant coach constantly picking wrong player's.

Not just his fault as Kruegar Wilson Reed are all as guilty still Kat has her 200m she is ok.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This kind of denial of the facts & dithering nearly got us relegated we were very very lucky to stay up & if we are honest didn't deserve to stay up, we wont be so lucky this time!

I think we’re probably as bad as Cardiff and Huddersfield. Rest are miles better than us. Just get the relegation over with so we can do away with one of the most untalented, unlikeable and egotistic squads I’ve ever had the displeasure

of seeing.

Couldnt agree more ... would far rather see a team with the likes of Gallagher, Obafemi, Hojberg, Armstrong, Sims, Redmond, Valery, Slattery etc than this carp .. at least i could support that.... get the likes of Cedric, Hoedt, Bertrand, Austin, Elonoyussi etc well out of the club