Wes Hoedt - Loaned to Antwerp: Official

Cabbage_Face

Wesley Hoedt on his ‘very strange’ Southampton treatment, ‘never had clear explanation’

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/wesley-hoedt-strange-southampton-treatment-never-explanation/

"I did well" :D

Pretty typical of him that he thought he did well, always appeared to think he was better than the evidence on the pitch suggested and that our poor form was down to everyone else bar him!

The key line in that article is "Secondly, Spanish newspaper AS today published a brief article explaining Southampton’s goals conceded record has been much better since the Dutchman was dropped." There's your explanation Wesley.

Anyway, hopefully he will do well enough in Spain to get the permanent deal done.

Pretty typical of him that he thought he did well, always appeared to think he was better than the evidence on the pitch suggested and that our poor form was down to everyone else bar him!

An utterly baffling assessment of his own performances with absolutely zero grounding in reality :lol:

The key line in that article is "Secondly, Spanish newspaper AS today published a brief article explaining Southampton’s goals conceded record has been much better since the Dutchman was dropped." There's your explanation Wesley.

Since joining us, he played 41 Premier League games - full 90 minutes every time - and we conceded 66 goals in those 41 games (1.61 goals per game). The games he's missed since he joined, 18 of them (only one missed through injury, I think, v Palace last season when he had concussion), we've conceded 28 goals (1.55 gpg). So not a huge difference, but there seems to have been a noticeable reduction in "how the **** have we conceded that goal?!" moments since he lost his place.

Worth noting that it was Mark Hughes who eventually dropped him after the Fulham debacle, and Kelvin Davis showed no inclination to restore him to the team for his one game either. Also, considering Ralph hasn't exactly been quiet about some of the negatives he's seen from players (having particularly called out McCarthy and Obafemi in interviews and press conferences for various reasons), I find it very difficult to believe there hasn't been a detailed conversation where Ralph has laid out exactly why he's not been picking him.

Except for the fact we're possibly still paying for him, possibly by transfer installments, and subsidising his PL wages.

Given the timing of this I'd hope they are covering the majority of wages.

Otherwise surely we'd hold fire and loan to someone a little more desperate closer to deadline?

Given the timing of this I'd hope they are covering the majority of wages.

Otherwise surely we'd hold fire and loan to someone a little more desperate closer to deadline?

I doubt they are covering all of them. Who has the money to afford premiership players?

Would it have been wise to to turn down any offer on the chance that someone might come out of the woodwork at the last minute. Quite a gable that. I'd of taken the bird in the hand on this one personally.

I get the impression that Goa will let all transfer money raised go back into the club.

With just the Gabby 12 million we don’t really have much to play with.

Come the summer all those on loan must be sold which will give us about 50 million.

Then you have the likes of Elloynessi, Austin, Cedric that could raise you 25 million.

Reckon 75 million will be enough to bring in 3 class players plus a couple of promising youngsters.

you are assuming that the players out on loan will actually be sold after the loan ends. A loan with a view to a permanent move doesn't mean they will actually move. IMO they will all return come the end of May, be paid by Saints all summer and then probably loaned out again come the end of August.

Really? I hope you are trying to be ironic or something.
Why? It's perfectly plausible to believe Hughes liked Hoedt - he picked him for pretty much every single game.

It wasn't that long ago that everyone was congratulating Hughes on taking control of the transfer business over the summer and how Reed was sidelined.

If Reed was forcing Hughes to pick Hoedt why didn't he force him to pick, say, Elyounoussi every match too?

Odd fascination over a player (or two) that most of the forum wise though were crap and never to be heard from?

Our ability to strengthen the squad and build for the future is dependent on shifting deadwood like Hoedt. His performances matter nearly as much as any first-team player. You must have got confused with the defectors watch thread pal.

Hahahha yet again some quality defending by Hoedt for their first and then sent off. He really is a terrible terrible footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can still afford to moan after every goal they concede - his teammates are going to love him.