Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hoedt - Joins Celta Vigo On Loan (Official)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Looks like Boufal has been dropped again. Must be yet another clueless manager who doesn’t know how to get the best out of him.
    Playing now, subbed on after 67

Blog Entries

Benched for today's defeat. Boufal played 85. Celta heading for the drop the way things are going, means we will be stuck with both in the Summer most likely.

Given the transformation in JWP I would like to see what Ralph can get out of Boufal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenilworthy View Post
    Given the transformation in JWP I would like to see what Ralph can get out of Boufal.
    This - Hoedt can do one though

Quote Originally Posted by Kenilworthy View Post
    I am the same. He is an entertainer and if handled in the right way could be fantastic for us to watch. My only worry would be whether some of the dressing room had their noses put out by his behaviour.

6. Default

Maybe get Carrillo up and running as well, or is that asking for too much?

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Maybe get Carrillo up and running as well, or is that asking for too much?

Carrillo is barely a Championship standard player. Boufal is a show off with a bad attitude.

There is no reason to think he will get anything more out of either of them, than he has so far managed to get from Cédric, Gabbi, Long or Hoedt.

Carrillo is barely a Championship standard player. Boufal is a show off with a bad attitude.

There is no reason to think he will get anything more out of either of them, than he has so far managed to get from Cédric, Gabbi, Long or Hoedt.
    Boufal at least has some talent, so who knows. Agreed about Carrillo, no point flogging a dead donkey.

Unless RH is told from above to evaluate them I'd tell neither to return to Staplewood (even if isolated to the under 23's) once their loans end. I don't want to upset the tight squad and level of morale we're obviously building, things are slowly coming good again.

Boufal will probably be offloaded cheaply and we'll take a hit, back to a lower French team, but I'd have thought Carillo must be very divisive within the club (not regarding his attitude though). He cost us a huge sum of money and if we end up writing that off it's incredibly embarrassing, but I suppose the blame will be aimed at those no longer at Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy40 View Post
    Unless RH is told from above to evaluate them I'd tell neither to return to Staplewood (even if isolated to the under 23's) once their loans end. I don't want to upset the tight squad and level of morale we're obviously building, things are slowly coming good again.

Boufal will probably be offloaded cheaply and we'll take a hit, back to a lower French team, but I'd have thought Carillo must be very divisive within the club (not regarding his attitude though). He cost us a huge sum of money and if we end up writing that off it's incredibly embarrassing, but I suppose the blame will be aimed at those no longer at Saints.
    Where does this idea come from regarding Boufal? I know he comes across as a selfish player on the pitch, but all the noises I have heard suggest that he was actually quite well liked by most of the other players.

Does it all stem from the way he celebrated that goal against WBA in Pellegrino's face? I agree that was not acceptable behaviour, but that is something that *could* be coached out of him.

If we don't sell him in the summer then I would be happy to see if RH can get something like the best out of him because he is clearly a very talented player.

11. Default

I did the obligatory YT search on Carrillo, and came across this one...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4rmZslpdss Not very long and a lot of repeating from different angles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    I did the obligatory YT search on Carrillo, and came across this one...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4rmZslpdss Not very long and a lot of repeating from different angles.
    Always a youtube red flag when a player's highlights are repeated from different angles and/or in slow motion and/or with extended goal celebrations.

13. Default

I am sure Ralph will want a look at both Carillo and Boufal. Unless he is directed otherwise by the higher-uppers.
    Of all our recent managers, Ralph is surely best placed to get the best out of them.
    Be a shame to let the £20m investment go without another shot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Benched for today's defeat. Boufal played 85. Celta heading for the drop the way things are going, means we will be stuck with both in the Summer most likely.
    Another defeat for Celta (admitted to Real Madrid), dropping further into the drop zone. Boufal and Hoedt will be heading back our way it seems. Hoedt came off the bench after 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BotleySaint View Post
    I am sure Ralph will want a look at both Carillo and Boufal. Unless he is directed otherwise by the higher-uppers.
    Of all our recent managers, Ralph is surely best placed to get the best out of them.
    Be a shame to let the £20m investment go without another shot.
    I am not sure that many will view Carrillo as an 'investment'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexy View Post
    Where does this idea come from regarding Boufal? I know he comes across as a selfish player on the pitch, but all the noises I have heard suggest that he was actually quite well liked by most of the other players.

Does it all stem from the way he celebrated that goal against WBA in Pellegrino's face? I agree that was not acceptable behaviour, but that is something that *could* be coached out of him.

If we don't sell him in the summer then I would be happy to see if RH can get something like the best out of him because he is clearly a very talented player.
    I agree. He is clearly exceptional and a good manager might harness is brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Another defeat for Celta (admitted to Real Madrid), dropping further into the drop zone. Boufal and Hoedt will be heading back our way it seems. Hoedt came off the bench after 5 minutes.
    Looks like standard Boufal - losing, need a goal, first attacking player to be taken off.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    I am not sure that many will view Carrillo as an 'investment'.
    He was for Monaco.

already on the agenda - came out in the Meet The Ralph’s night at SMS

20. Default

Both Hoedt & Boufal start for Celta Vigo in a MASSIVE match against Villarreal.

Celta are 4pts behind them.

17.30 K.O.

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Both Hoedt & Boufal start for Celta Vigo in a MASSIVE match against Villarreal.

Celta are 4pts behind them.

17.30 K.O.
    Losing 0-2 inside 15 minutes.

Villarreal winning 0-2.

Celta look terrible, Hoedt just fell over trying to defend, lol.

Celta now winning 3-2, just got a penalty.

24. Default

Celta now winning 3-2, just got a penalty.
    Aspas is back after injury & got 2 goals.

Hoedt patting Aspas as if he's his best mate

Hoedt wasn’t in the matchday squad for Celta Vigo’s game today. I’m not sure if it’s an injury or if they’ve realized that he’s ****e at defending.

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post
    Hoedt wasn’t in the matchday squad for Celta Vigo’s game today. I’m not sure if it’s an injury or if they’ve realized that he’s ****e at defending.
    Didn't appear in the last game either.

It ok deridog Hoedt but forget not he is a club financial asset, the worst he does means less when we sell him to go into the transfer kitty

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    It ok deridog Hoedt but forget not he is a club financial asset, the worst he does means less when we sell him to go into the transfer kitty
    Nobody would be stupid enough to buy him. He'll be sent out on loan until his contract ends and he can be released on a free.

30. Default

We should just cut our losses to be honest, free transfer job. Mark it as a big red x on our history and move on.

Diabolical player, absolutely horrific character. I don't want him anywhere near this squad in pre-season bringing the place down with his ****ness.

31. Default Hoedt goes from being the undisputed starter to the stands

Used a Translator on this, so excuse the odd wording. We are going to be stuck with him.

The Dutch central, who arrived in the winter market, had played almost everything and has been out in the last two calls, against Real and Atlético.

The first celestial reinforcement in the winter market was Wesley Hoedt, who enjoyed the confidence of Cardoso from the first day. The Dutch central debuted in Zorrilla as a starter and made a good impression despite being sent off . After serving in the next game against Sevilla, Hoedt was indisputable in the last four games of the Cardoso era.

Escribá sat him on the bench in his first game at the head of Celta. However, he soon changed his mind and recovered it for the eleven immediately. The defender seconded by Southampton started against Real Madrid, Villarreal and Huesca. However, its terrible performance in El Alcoraz has taken its toll. From that day, Escribá seems to have put the cross , leaving him out of the last two calls, before Real Sociedad and Atlético de Madrid. Hoedt is on loan with a high purchase option, so his future seems not to be in Vigo.
    Source: https://as.com/futbol/2019/04/15/pri...11_803124.html

This'll go one of 2 ways...... We'll be stuck with him paying his wages, or (Hopefully) it'll make him see he's not god, knuckle down, put some work in, and become a better player..

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    We should just cut our losses to be honest, free transfer job. Mark it as a big red x on our history and move on.

Diabolical player, absolutely horrific character. I don't want him anywhere near this squad in pre-season bringing the place down with his ****ness.
    How does paying off his contract up front cut our losses? At least if we keep him and loan him out, somebody else can pay half. Better yet, sell him and subsidise his wages.

I see the colossal ***** has ‘liked’ our defeat on Instagram.

Seriously, can someone belt him if they ever see him. Utter helmet

35. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post

Can't find it, link?

36. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post

Time on his hands. Dropped again this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bates View Post
    Can't find it, link?

What a bellend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post

What a bellend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If this is his way to force a transfer, I am fine with that. I hope he gets his transfer and never sets foot in Hampshire again..

Blog Entries

I thought we led the way in doing in-depth checks of players characters -their personalities, attitudes in training and even their social habits- to make sure they'd fit in.

40. Default

Genuine question, are we subsidising his wages, and if so can we fine him? Taking emotion out of it, I have no major issue that a moron of a young man does something stupid on social media -it's clearly stupid, but he's hardly unique in being dumb on social media. But if we are actually paying him money, surely we can take some action?

He's only annoyed with himself for being ****. I mean there's no way he can think Saints haven't got a lot better since he left.

And he's been rubbish for Celta too.