Wes Hoedt - Loaned to Antwerp: Official

Cabbage_Face

Love Celta's goal. Not because it was a funny blunder or a great finish but instead because it was Boufal's pressing that eventually put Valladolid in a position where they made a mistake. Think Ralph might like him.

Ridiculous second yellow.

Love Celta's goal. Not because it was a funny blunder or a great finish but instead because it was Boufal's pressing that eventually put Valladolid in a position where they made a mistake. Think Ralph might like him.

Ridiculous second yellow.

Fair play to him for closing down but that defending was terrible and you will seldom get a chance like that in this League.

Fair play to him for closing down but that defending was terrible and you will seldom get a chance like that in this League.

Only when playing Fulham and the Ev. My point is the goal would not have happened if Boufal hadn't been chasing down the defender and goalkeeper and forcing them into a mistake, very much the sort of thing Ralph wants to see from his forwards. Like I said, Ralph might like him and we may yet see Lille version Boufal playing for us next season.

Only when playing Fulham and the Ev. My point is the goal would not have happened if Boufal hadn't been chasing down the defender and goalkeeper and forcing them into a mistake, very much the sort of thing Ralph wants to see from his forwards. Like I said, Ralph might like him and we may yet see Lille version Boufal playing for us next season.

Boufal will only have 2 years left on his contract in the summer. Not sure he is going to sign a new one even if he succeeds next season with Ralph. It really is a shame he let him leave on loan with no recall option.

Just watched the highlights and to be absolutely fair to Hoedt the second booking was a joke as the other guy fouled him !

Defensively though he looked pretty cr@p (moaned at his teammates too!) and we are well shot of him, shame that Hughes couldn't see what everyone else appeared to !

First goal if he was tight marking the striker he probably would have cut out that ball, 2nd not really close enough again but still a decent finish and the other defender didnt close down well enough. 2nd booking is a joke though. Wonder if they can appeal that.

"It was complicated” – Southampton player reveals Hasenhüttl didn’t ‘like’ or ‘want’ him

Wesley Hoedt left Southampton in January and made a switch to Celta Vigo on loan until the end of the season, the La Liga outfit have the option to make the transfer permanent in the summer.

The centre-back made 13 starts in the Premier League for the Saints, but after Ralph Hasenhüttl replaced Mark Hughes as manager at St Mary’s, he didn’t feature for the club.

Having been frozen out of the squad by Hasenhüttl, the Netherlands international decided he had to leave.

Hoedt has given an interview to Spanish newspaper La Voz de Galicia, and explained why he decided to join Celta Vigo in January.

“Overall, they showed a lot of interest in me. I was in a difficult situation in Southampton, I wasn’t playing anything, and what I knew about Celta appealed to me,” he said.

“Between the personal situation in which I was, the great interest that they transmitted to me and the history of the club, I decided to come, and I hope that things go well.”

The 24-year-old was further quizzed as to why was it difficult for him at Southampton after Hasenhüttl took charge. The defender said, “I really don’t know.

“I was playing every game, but there was a change of coach and the new one made it very clear to me that he didn’t like me, that he didn’t want me.”

“It was complicated for me, but I couldn’t do anything about it, so I’m lucky I could find a solution by coming to a club like this.”

On his debut with Celta, Hoedt was sent off and after serving the one game suspension, he returned to the starting lineup for his side’s defeat to Getafe.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/complicated-southampton-player-reveals-hasenhuttl-didnt-like-want/

- So he's played one game, got sent off & they lost.

- Suspended for a game & they won.

- Returned from suspension & they lost.

"It was complicated” – Southampton player reveals Hasenhüttl didn’t ‘like’ or ‘want’ him

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/complicated-southampton-player-reveals-hasenhuttl-didnt-like-want/

- So he's played one game, got sent off & they lost.

- Suspended for a game & they won.

- Returned from suspension & they lost.

Seems to ignore the fact that it was Hughes who (eventually) dropped him, 2 games before Ralph arrived. Was also on the Ben h for Ralph's first 2 games. Really don't believe he was never told what the problem was. He is just an arrogant cock. Still think he will eventually be a good CB, assuming he can learn that he is not a legend in his own mind.

Hoedt needs to go and have a chat with Fonte about the dangers of ego.

Fonte is having one of the best years of his entire career. His Lille team has won every game this year and will be in the Champions League next season while his Portugal team is in final 4 of the European Nations League.

Fonte is having one of the best years of his entire career. His Lille team has won every game this year and will be in the Champions League next season while his Portugal team is in final 4 of the European Nations League.

When you think of some of the effective swaps we've done :mcinnes:

Fonte out Hoedt in costing us c£10m

Tadic out Moi in costing us c£10m

The fact we've gone from an exciting top 6-7 side to a struggling relegation side with out making millions is unforgivable

Fantastic work by Hoedt for the third Levante goal, plus an extra merit point for him impersonating an oil tanker on the fourth.

A special mention also goes to his hissy fits for the first and second Levante goals.

If anyone thinks there is actually a decent player there somewhere they are mental.

Club already thinking of triggering option to buy for Southampton player in summer

Unwanted by Ralph Hasenhuttl at St Mary’s following the Austrian manager’s takeover, Wesley Hoedt was given the chance to go elsewhere for the remainder of the season, and he grasped the opportunity with both hands.

Celta Vigo came forward with an offer, which the Dutch centre-back accepted, and despite getting sent off in his first game, he’s impressed for the most part.

So much so, in fact, that talks within the La Liga side have already taken place regarding a possible permanent transfer at the end of the season.

Atlantico in Spain state there has been ‘a lot of praise’ behind the scenes for the Southampton loanee, and the first bits of information leaking out of the club suggest his form and attitude have been good enough to consider spending money on him in the summer.

As the outlet points out, a lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but for the Saints and the defender, who admitted to living a ‘complicated’ situation in England, this is the news everyone was hoping for.

The 24-year-old was bought for £15m from Lazio back in August 2017, although how much Celta’s option to buy at the end of the season is has yet to be revealed.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-already-thinking-triggering-option-buy-southampton-player-summer/