Wes Hoedt - Loaned to Antwerp: Official

Cabbage_Face

I don't know about the worst ever. His performances would have to drop considerably for him to be worse than Callum Davenport.

He occasionally shows decent composure and skill, but then he gifts goals away that were so easily avoidable.

Surely Stephens us a better CB than him so why does he not get a look in?

I don't know about the worst ever. His performances would have to drop considerably for him to be worse than Callum Davenport.

He occasionally shows decent composure and skill, but then he gifts goals away that were so easily avoidable.

Surely Stephens us a better CB than him so why does he not get a look in?

I'd have Davenport over him. He really is that bad for me.

I hate Cedric, but I probably hate Hoedt that little bit more.

Yoshida was just as much at fault for Fulham's third as he was tbf.

An example of a player whose worth has been inflated due to the increased crap signed around him. He was and will always be average, the fact is that he's now our best option amongst a sea of absolute bilge - that's a damming insight to the problems we have.

Another disgusting performance from him. Only seems to have a good game when teams don’t attack. Is he the worst CB you’ve seen in a Saints shirt? He is up there for me, on par some of the crap I’ve seen in my 35 years a saints fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the club record signing and our own young lad and Bednarek not picked. Explain that!

He thinks he's better than he is. That's his biggest flaw. Complacency at this level gives you Hoedt.

This exactly. I tweeted: Far be it for me to say but Hoedt needs to realise and accept his limitations, and play within them. No nonsense defending. Stop diving in. Smart positioning. Keep it simple.

But he’s young, therefore guaranteed to improve.

he doesn't look very hungry to me though, you need 1+2 to be guaranteed to improve.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt as he's played alongside some terrible players too but he really is dog sh*t. Fails to do even the basic stuff right.

he doesn't look very hungry to me though, you need 1+2 to be guaranteed to improve.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt as he's played alongside some terrible players too but he really is dog sh*t. Fails to do even the basic stuff right.

In your opinion, is JWP hungry? Another nothing player IMO. Will look tidy when with good players but when surrounded by cr4p or underperforming players, is turd.

In your opinion, is JWP hungry? Another nothing player IMO. Will look tidy when with good players but when surrounded by cr4p or underperforming players, is turd.

JWP doesn’t look hungry, he isnt that young any more so can no longer be guaranteed to improve. In fact the last 3 years at Southampton FC have provided conclusive evidence that being young and hungry doesn’t not mean improvement is automatic. It’s a good job we have surveys with the club taking a personal interest in how much we earn, trannie flags and £22 burgers to more than compensate from the absolute shambles on the pitch.

Terrible, just seen the goals and Hoedt is awful for the 1st goal, never looking for his man. Yoshida and Cedric were terrible for the 3rd, Yoshida being out jumped by Sessongon and Cedric allowing Mitrovic to get to the ball first and get a shot away. Our defence is truest shocking.

Not sure how Hoedt starts every game!

I’m trying to remember the last time I disliked a Saints player as much as I dislike Hoedt. And I’m seriously struggling.

Hoedt should not have been anywhere near Craven Cottage today - not even driving the team coach.

Play Vestergaard against a player with an aerial presence like Mitrovic.

Stupid decision to play him from a stubborn Manager - why the feck does he keep starting him?

We will be lucky to get a point next weekend against Man Ure - lose the following week to Cardiff & Hughes should be given his P45 ( Should have done this immediately after the Watford home game & got somebody in during the international break )

Has no ability and has a shocking attitude.

Why does he continue to play? Surely Vest couldn’t do any worse.

Needs to be Vest and Yoshida next week.

Vestergaard is even worse, less mobile - arguably our most pointless signing. Stephens and Yoshida are a decent pairing and the best we have imo. I think Bednarek and Yoshida would be ok together too.

Vestergaard is even worse, less mobile - arguably our most pointless signing. Stephens and Yoshida are a decent pairing and the best we have imo. I think Bednarek and Yoshida would be ok together too.

what a truely terrible set of CBs we have. We needed to solve this issue in the summer, but instead we spunked anther£15m on dross. Whoever was involved in this signing should be sacked. Scout, manager and anyone else that touched it.

From what I have seen I don’t agree Vestergaard is worse. Less mobile I agree, but Hoedt is just an appalling defender, he just doesn’t have the instincts to play the position. His attitude also seems to be poor, always looking to blame others for his own mistakes, not a team player. It’s Hughes’s worst failure in my opinion that he has kept picking him rather than at least exploring other combinations.