Wes Hoedt - Loaned to Antwerp: Official

Cabbage_Face

Only Lemina to go then. There isn't any part of me that thinks we're getting these players off our wage bill entirely, but even if they go on 50% of their wages then we're saving over £100k a week. That's one or two decent signings in january if we find the right deals.

Every little helps as they say but I doubt we are getting anywhere near 50% of their wages off the bill. I'd say maybe 20% max.

Every little helps as they say but I doubt we are getting anywhere near 50% of their wages off the bill. I'd say maybe 20% max.

I guess if they play regularly and impress, they may have more options for being sold to other teams in Jan or next summer. So a saving, no matter how small could help long term if they perform elsewhere. Of course the opposite is true ... ugh.

We've shifted way more deadwood than I feared - despite the loan deals the wagebill must have improved dramatically.

It's been a decent firesale.

Not really a firesale as none of them have been sold.

We are still paying off their transfer fees and still paying a portion of their wages.

That we have only permanently sold Targett, Gallagher and Austin this summer is very disappointing. It will have rammifications for a while still.

I guess if they play regularly and impress, they may have more options for being sold to other teams in Jan or next summer. So a saving, no matter how small could help long term if they perform elsewhere. Of course the opposite is true ... ugh.

Yes, having them playing proper games instead of languishing in the reserves means there must be more chance of offloading them no matter how small.

The club should have asked Redmond if they could borrow his Mum to be the sorry bunch of stumblebums we have packed off surrogate Mother for a few weeks. Apparently she is behind his improvement last season because she gave her lad a piece of her mind. Nathan said in an interview that he doesn’t have one tattoo, because his Mum would kill him if he came home with one. Even Ralph said he liked Nathan’s Mum, when he met her at his contract extension signing.

:D

The club should have asked Redmond if they could borrow his Mum to be the sorry bunch of stumblebums we have packed off surrogate Mother for a few weeks. Apparently she is behind his improvement last season because she gave her lad a piece of her mind. Nathan said in an interview that he doesn’t have one tattoo, because his Mum would kill him if he came home with one. Even Ralph said he liked Nathan’s Mum, when he met her at his contract extension signing.

:D

They should have sent her into the crowd when the morons were booing her boy.

One main benefit to getting people out on loan is that they won't be hanging around Staplewood getting in the way. Ralph's always said he wants a small squad so this is a chance for the coaching team to fully concentrate on the players that will be playing matches.

No, mums can be critical but by and large they're positive and critical in a supportive way.

I think The Cat's point is the most relevant. The money savings are no doubt important, but what good would it do having them all getting the occasional U23 game or, perish the thought, the occasional first team game when we're desperate. They'd be just swanning in and out occasionally in their posh cars putting the backs up of the younger players.

God, in all the excitement, forgot about him!! What a complete and utter mess it has been these past few years.

Forster, Ely, Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina is what, best part of £80m? It was almost £100m if Boufal hadn't been brought back in. Could have got 2 or 3 (potentially!!) really good players in for that, which would make a huge difference to us.

I think that is what they hoped we would have bought. We can all say that 'we should have brought in better players' but who? On the budget we have? AND who is to say the 2 or 3 would have been any better, they could have been worse.

I think that is what they hoped we would have bought. We can all say that 'we should have brought in better players' but who? On the budget we have? AND who is to say the 2 or 3 would have been any better, they could have been worse.

Quite so. Those that we bought were potentially good players. They just didn’t live up to their potential.

• 4 weeks later...
So our Wesley has been saying that it was a mistake joining us. Yes Wes, you really should have stayed where you were.

If it was a mistake to sign for us, why didn’t Hoedt hand in a transfer request this summer? I am sure the club would be willing to help him find a new club and let him go for a fair price. Or couldn’t his agent find a club that would pay him the same wage?

Hoedt - Lazio > Saints

Lemina - Juve > Saints

Sure the money might be better, but coming to us from those clubs should say something about the direction their career is going in.

By that rationale Hoj should be crap Bayern > Saints, ditto Romeu Barca > Chelsea > Saints

And by extension, that all the players that we have signed from lesser clubs, should be on upwards trajectory. In reality it doesn't work that way, each player has to be judged on his merits, not the club he cam from.

He must have been half decent to get into the Dutch national side but clearly went downhill rapidly. Perhaps, if he can sort his attitude out, he could eventually play at a higher level. But judging by his recent comments he still seems to think that his fall from grace has nothing to do with him.