Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 351 to 400 of 417

Thread: Wes Hoedt - Loaned to Antwerp: Official

  1. #351

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Carrillo surely?
    I had no problem with Gudio's effort or attitude in the few games he played for us can't say the same for Hoedt

  2. #352

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    I had no problem with Gudio's effort or attitude in the few games he played for us can't say the same for Hoedt
    Totally agree, played a handful of games in a struggling team, with a crap manager. Nowhere near as bad as some would say.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Hoedt has to be up there with one of, if not the worst signing ever.
    Awful player but I donít think heís even our worst signing of the last few seasons. Step forward and take a bow Mr Elyounoussi.

  4. #354

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,929

    Default

    Hoedt not even on the bench again for Celta Vigo’s game against Barcelona.

  5. #355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Albert View Post
    Hoedt not even on the bench again for Celta Vigo’s game against Barcelona.
    Probably a good thing (edit - just seen the score, maybe not!)
    Last edited by mrfahaji; 04-05-2019 at 08:44 PM.

  6. Default

    Hoedt started tonight.

    Celta are 3-0 down already.

  7. #357

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Hoedt started tonight.

    Celta are 3-0 down already.
    Apparently, he has all the makings of a top defender.

  8. #358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Apparently, he has all the makings of a top defender.
    Will be good to watch him develop a partnership with his national team colleague Vir...oh.

  9. #359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Hoedt started tonight.

    Celta are 3-0 down already.
    Great, we are never going to be able to sell him..

  10. #360

    Default

    What's his value now? Packet of crisps?

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Apparently, he has all the makings of a crap defender.
    fixed for accuracy

  12. #362

    Default

    Will Ross learn from his mistakes or is he just someone who is not very good at spotting talented footballers, unsuited to the job he is in? With the money spent on players like Hoedt, Carrillo, Lemina and Elyounoussi, we could have built a decent top 8 team like we did when Paul Mitchell was doing the recruiting.

  13. #363

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Windsor...ish.
    Posts
    12,362

    Default

    Recall him, and the first XI could be:

    Forster

    Cedric Stephens Hoedt McQueen

    Elyounoussi Clasie Reed Hesketh

    Carillo Gallagher

    Europe here we come.

  14. #364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Recall him, and the first XI could be:

    Forster

    Cedric Stephens Hoedt McQueen

    Elyounoussi Clasie Reed Hesketh

    Carillo Gallagher

    Europe here we come.
    Bit unfair to lump half of that team with the other half. If young players don't quite make it to the standard we require then that's unfortunate but it isn't their fault and nor is it the fault of Les Reed/Ross Wilson. Maybe that's not the point you're trying to make, but that's how I interpreted it - basically saying "look how many crap players we have in our squad".

  15. #365

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Recall him, and the first XI could be:

    Forster

    Cedric Stephens Hoedt McQueen

    Elyounoussi Clasie Reed Hesketh

    Carillo Gallagher

    Europe here we come.
    Bit harsh on McQueen

  16. #366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Recall him, and the first XI could be:

    Forster

    Cedric Stephens Hoedt McQueen

    Elyounoussi Clasie Reed Hesketh

    Carillo Gallagher

    Europe here we come.
    The Saints XI for Macau.

  17. #367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    The Saints XI for Macau.
    Perfect, I spat out my Sprite, this stupid forum so needs a like / thanks button.

  18. Default Southampton pair set to return to St Maryís Ė Two different welcomes expected

    Both leaving Southampton on loan to Celta Vigo this season to find some more game time, Wesley Hoedt and Sofiane Boufal will be returning to St Maryís in different circumstances.

    The Dutch defender impressed early on in his spell, fell out of favour towards the end of the campaign, making just two appearances in the last eight games ever since Fran Escriba took over in early March.

    AS are the ones reporting the news of the pairís return to Southampton, where Hoedt is unlikely to receive a warm welcome from Ralph HassenŁttl, who didnít find a spot for him in his team.

    Boufal, on the other hand, is expected to be a part of the Austrianís team in preseason, according to El Desmarque, having been sent to Celta Vigo by Mark Hughes prior to the former RB Leipzig managerís arrival.

    Hoedt only managed 10 appearances over the course of the second half of the season, a stark contrast to Boufal, who featured 35 times in La Liga, scoring three goals and assisting teammates four times.

    The Morocco international was also the player who attempted and completed the most dribbles in Spainís first division during the 2018-19 campaign.
    Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampto...omes-expected/

  19. Default

    Or maybe another way of looking at things (and grasping a bit here!!) is that Ralph didn't have time mid way through a **** season to coach Hoedt in the way he wants him to play, but given a full pre-season.......!!

  20. #370

    Default

    Hoedt is trash, ralph knows this. We will have all sort of issues off loading him in the summer.

    He has zero potential.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Or maybe another way of looking at things (and grasping a bit here!!) is that Ralph didn't have time mid way through a **** season to coach Hoedt in the way he wants him to play, but given a full pre-season.......!!
    I am speculating here of course but the fact that he went on loan was that it was him that did not embrace Ralph's new way.

  22. #372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Hoedt is trash, ralph knows this. We will have all sort of issues off loading him in the summer.

    He has zero potential.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who do you think chose Hoedt and Elyounoussi and will the same person choose which players we buy this summer? Was it Les Reed's protťgť, Ross Wilson? These are key questions for the club's immediate future.

  23. Default

    Kristof Terreur on Twitter:
    Steven Defour has arrived at Antwerp this morning for his medicals. Meanwhile Antwerp are also trying to sign Dutch defender Wesley Hoedt from Southampton: loan with option. Would be the third PL player after Mirallas and Defour. #rafc #saintsfc #twitterclarets

  24. #374

    Default

    Hopefully the option is realistic, Ä400k or so.

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Hopefully the option is realistic, €400k or so.
    I think you slipped while typing and added a couple of zeros onto his value.

  26. Default

    God, in all the excitement, forgot about him!! What a complete and utter mess it has been these past few years.

    Forster, Ely, Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina is what, best part of £80m? It was almost £100m if Boufal hadn't been brought back in. Could have got 2 or 3 (potentially!!) really good players in for that, which would make a huge difference to us.

  27. #377

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Exeter
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    God, in all the excitement, forgot about him!! What a complete and utter mess it has been these past few years.

    Forster, Ely, Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina is what, best part of £80m? It was almost £100m if Boufal hadn't been brought back in. Could have got 2 or 3 (potentially!!) really good players in for that, which would make a huge difference to us.
    Appalling waste of money, should have gone on genuine PL quality at CB, CM and CF, would be a very different picture for Ralph. Why Gao and Kreuger allowed that mad fool to carry on beyond January 2018 and buy Carillo and desperately hang onto a clearly unwell Pellegrino is astonishing and they bear a big part of the responsibility for not sacking Les and allowing him to go on and squander more money in that summer. In fact, really Les needed to go after the January 2017 CB transfer window debacle which let Puel down (whatever his failings) and then the crazy Forster extension which should have been automatically vetoed by any board with an ounce of sporting acumen. Hoedt was a product of the summer 2017 window which brought him and Lemina, who is a further enormous waste of money going out later today as well.

    At least on that one Gala will probably past most of the wages. If Hoedt is on say £60k a week, we won't see much of that from Antwerp, even though they have a bit of backing these days.

    People from the club then have the nerve to say that it's not their fault that the best manager since Koeman has his hands tied - you kept Les employed. Your choice. Bring investors in, or sell up if you can't afford to repair the damage.

  28. #378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint1977 View Post
    Appalling waste of money, should have gone on genuine PL quality at CB, CM and CF, would be a very different picture for Ralph. Why Gao and Kreuger allowed that mad fool to carry on beyond January 2018 and buy Carillo and desperately hang onto a clearly unwell Pellegrino is astonishing and they bear a big part of the responsibility for not sacking Les and allowing him to go on and squander more money in that summer. In fact, really Les needed to go after the January 2017 CB transfer window debacle which let Puel down (whatever his failings) and then the crazy Forster extension which should have been automatically vetoed by any board with an ounce of sporting acumen. Hoedt was a product of the summer 2017 window which brought him and Lemina, who is a further enormous waste of money going out later today as well.

    At least on that one Gala will probably past most of the wages. If Hoedt is on say £60k a week, we won't see much of that from Antwerp, even though they have a bit of backing these days.

    People from the club then have the nerve to say that it's not their fault that the best manager since Koeman has his hands tied - you kept Les employed. Your choice. Bring investors in, or sell up if you can't afford to repair the damage.
    I recall all the Les men who backed him to the hilt on here!!! To think he has a top job a the FA!!. All the VVD money has been wasted, a similar situation as Spurs when they sold Bale. How much Ross Wilson has at his door is hard to quantify but I hope his judgement is a lot better

  29. Default

    Hoedt got 6 caps for Netherlands, so the potential for him to do well was possibly there. It didn't work out. A bit like Lemina as well, and I think we can agree that on his day, he's damn good, but his day is fleeting. Mo and Carrillo were different. Forster was different again.

    At our level, all transfers are going to be risky. If you spend £40-50m+ then you are more certain of what you will get, but even then there is no guarantee. But to have so many that don't cut the mustard over such a short period of time......!! Maybe there was a certain arrogance involved, in that past signings were great and that there was no reason to think future ones would be any different. Certainly the black box seems to have been pretty bad and there seems less talk about it now a days.

  30. #380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Hoedt got 6 caps for Netherlands, so the potential for him to do well was possibly there. It didn't work out. A bit like Lemina as well, and I think we can agree that on his day, he's damn good, but his day is fleeting. Mo and Carrillo were different. Forster was different again.

    At our level, all transfers are going to be risky. If you spend £40-50m+ then you are more certain of what you will get, but even then there is no guarantee. But to have so many that don't cut the mustard over such a short period of time......!! Maybe there was a certain arrogance involved, in that past signings were great and that there was no reason to think future ones would be any different. Certainly the black box seems to have been pretty bad and there seems less talk about it now a days.
    yes, some players just don’t come off at certain clubs. I think that’s the case to a certain degree with Lemina and Hoedt although not totally. On paper they should have been good signings but for one reason or another that hasn’t happened.

    The two dreadful signings have been Carillo and Moi. I struggle to see anything in either that suggests they were good enough for the Prem

  31. Default

    Moi had a couple of good CL games vs Chelsea. Maybe that was what swung it??

  32. #382

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    2,961

    Default

    Loving the hindsight on here. When we signed him he was well thought of and a dutch international. Sure, his signing hasn't been a success, but he's not in the Carillo category of it being obvious that it wouldn't have worked.

  33. #383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Loving the hindsight on here. When we signed him he was well thought of and a dutch international. Sure, his signing hasn't been a success, but he's not in the Carillo category of it being obvious that it wouldn't have worked.
    Yep. The likes of Hoedt, Clasie and even Elyounoussi are ones which were the right type of signing but make you question the competence of those making the assessment.

    Carrillo and giving Forster a new contract were both decisions which were met instantly with a mixture of disbelief and concern from nearly everyone, that’s why they stand out as the worst decisions.

  34. Default

    Took me less than 3 games to confirm Hoedt had no prem future.

    The fact we had people watching and tracking him for years, makes you wonder the real motivation of the purchase.

  35. #385

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,143

    Default

    Took me three minutes, I saw it straight away. Honest, I did.

  36. Default

    I knew it before he was born. It was obvious from the angle his mother's hips made when she was gestating him that he would never make it here.

  37. #387

    Default

    Antwerp have signed Deffour this morning and a press conference is planned at 16:30 (GMT). We will find out then if Hoedt has moved to Antwerp.

  38. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Loving the hindsight on here. When we signed him he was well thought of and a dutch international. Sure, his signing hasn't been a success, but he's not in the Carillo category of it being obvious that it wouldn't have worked.
    Has anyone said otherwise? I'm not going through the whole thread, but what I've seen and also posted, this is exactly what is being said.

  39. #389

    Default

    Anyone who gives a thumbs up to a report that your team that pays your wages lost 3-0 at Newcastle has no place here.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #390

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,246
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    yes, some players just don’t come off at certain clubs. I think that’s the case to a certain degree with Lemina and Hoedt although not totally. On paper they should have been good signings but for one reason or another that hasn’t happened.

    The two dreadful signings have been Carillo and Moi. I struggle to see anything in either that suggests they were good enough for the Prem
    I think where we went wrong was with our wage structure- had Carrillo/Elyounoussi been on even just 1/2 of what their wages are now then we wouldn’t be in such a mess.

    If said players don’t want to come here as a result of us giving them a low starting wage then screw them- plus it is not like £35/£40k a week is low anyway, compared to the £70-90k that some of these are on

  41. #391

    Default

    Done deal according to Belgium media. Season long loan, no option to buy mentioned.

  42. #392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kucho View Post
    Done deal according to Belgium media. Season long loan, no option to buy mentioned.
    https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/st...27666779185159

    Kristof Terreur ����
    @HLNinEngeland
    Wesley Hoedt has undergone his medical at Antwerp. Saints defender expected to be announced later today. A loan with option. #saintsfc #rafc

  43. Default

    Confirmed. Terrible f*cking jacket.


  44. Default

    Only Lemina to go then. There isn't any part of me that thinks we're getting these players off our wage bill entirely, but even if they go on 50% of their wages then we're saving over £100k a week. That's one or two decent signings in january if we find the right deals.

  45. #395

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Confirmed. Terrible f*cking jacket.

    The 1990s want their combats back.

  46. #396

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Only Lemina to go then. There isn't any part of me that thinks we're getting these players off our wage bill entirely, but even if they go on 50% of their wages then we're saving over £100k a week. That's one or two decent signings in january if we find the right deals.
    I would have thought there's no chance we're getting near 50% of their wages paid.

    What's Hoedt on? £50k a week? I doubt Antwerp pay anyone more than £10k a week.

  47. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    I would have thought there's no chance we're getting near 50% of their wages paid.

    What's Hoedt on? £50k a week? I doubt Antwerp pay anyone more than £10k a week.
    Fair enough, but you'd still imagine that combined we've saved enough to at least make one signing if needs be.
    (I'm well aware that they'll be back next summer and their wages will be paid in full from then, but we'll have more chance of selling them with a year less on their contracts and a year playing for teams in various places).

  48. #398

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Fair enough, but you'd still imagine that combined we've saved enough to at least make one signing if needs be.
    (I'm well aware that they'll be back next summer and their wages will be paid in full from then, but we'll have more chance of selling them with a year less on their contracts and a year playing for teams in various places).
    Hopefully! We're woefully short in central midfield and still pretty weak at the back.

  49. Default

    Go play well and secure yourself a move.

    Time at SFC is clearly done

  50. #400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Go play well and secure yourself a move.

    Time at SFC is clearly done
    The problem with that is.....oh yeah him playing well perhaps you missed his performances in Spain?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •