Leicester vs Saints (LC) - Build Up

spyinthesky

I guess minimal interest in this game

If we do manage to scrape through I wonder how many tickets would be sold for the Man City game when we would expect to get a hammering

Possible team?

Gunn

Stephens

The forgotten Pole

The tall chap with blond hair

Targett

Ward Prowse

Romeu

Davis

The Norwegian Guy who cost us £15m but is not very good

Austin/Our new Irish striker

Our Postman who is can really deliver and is fitter than most of our players

This selection shows what a great in depth 'roster' we have

Gunn

Stephens Bednarek Vestergaard Targett

JWP Romeu Davis

Elyounoussi Obafemi Gabbiadini

Would be my team for this to change things up a bit. I'd quite like to see Armstrong and Davis play together but I can't see it happening as Armstrong is probably a nailed on starter for League games following his brace.

Wishful thinking to hope that Jaidi is in charge for this one.

If it still Hughes then the fans need to give him two barrels. Would be ironic if Puel puts the final nail in the coffin, he might go up in everyone's estimation here.

I hope we win but I fear a win would justify the board giving him more time.

Would expect to see Vesterguarrd at the back, with maybe Stephens? Worth a try with that pair to see how immobile that can be for us.

I'd say we can put someine else in at RB, but we don't have another one. Unless we move Targett there and bring Bertrand back.

Romeu needs a go in midfield, then maybe Obafemi from the start. Bit of pace, which we don't have anywhere right now.

Losing to Puel again will just be rubbing salt though.

Must start with Obefemi. We have nothing to lose and would be an opportunity to have a really good look at him.

We could actually play Marcus Barnes in this one, he doesn't have to be in the PL squad to playin the LC. Front line of Obafemi and Barnes might be cool, at least they know how to score goals, even if it is against PL2 B division opposition.

We could actually play Marcus Barnes in this one, he doesn't have to be in the PL squad to playin the LC. Front line of Obafemi and Barnes might be cool, at least they know how to score goals, even if it is against PL2 B division opposition.

Yes, I would be very pleased to at least see him in the squad.

Gunn

Stephens Bednarek Vestergaard Targett

Lemina Romeu

Barnes Armstrong Gabbiadini

O'Bafemi

Good shout, although maybe JWP to start instead of Barnes (bring him on later).

And if Ings is fit, give him a run out with Obafemi - drop Lemina.

Defeatist bastards. Wigan somehow beat them last year. This is some new thing of tw ats regularly wanting us to lose

Short term pain for long term gain is loss on Tuesday and sack for Hughes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defeatist bastards. Wigan somehow beat them last year. This is some new thing of tw ats regularly wanting us to lose

Wigan may have been League 1 quality but they played for each other with desire and belief.

I want us to beat Leicester and City but we all know our gutless bunch of losers wont do it. If by some miracle we do make it through on Tuesday, our players will just sit there trembling in the spotlights, let City go 2-0 up without any sort of fight and hope they go a bit easy on us after that. After the game is lost and they've taken their foot off the gas, we will start passing it around neatly without ever troubling their goal and Hughes will tell us all about how much we improved as the game went on and deserved a result because of the way we played second half (apart from the Hoedt o.g. and conceding another totally unmarked goal in stoppage time.)

We should play the team we should play Saturday; go 4-2-3-1, with Stephens, Bednarek, Vestergaard Bertrand; (yes a cpmplete new back four) Romeu and Lemina; Redmond Hojberg Armstrong; with Obafemi up front or Gallager if fit.

Would probably agree with you, and Obafemi up top.

Only concern is : who has the pace to man-mark and out run Vardy? Yoshida is our quickest, yes?

This fixture isn't an inconvenience in a competition we're very unlikely to win, or a chance to give under-used players a run-out - it's a opportunity to start fixing the issues.

From Saturday I would think (hope) that Hughes's faith in Hoedt must be crumbling.

I'd go with a back four of Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard and Bertrand. Yoshida didn't play well on Saturday but he had Hoedt alongside him, and - for me - he's the best "reader" of situations among our CDs; the rest are reactors, and slow ones at that. Sure, Bednarek is vulnerable to wide pace, but Cedric keeps getting done like a kipper anyway and is inept in the air. Sadly, I don't see Hughes leaving Cedric out at any point.

Lemina and PEH are fine.

If Ings is fit I'd play him and leave out Austin - Ings and Armstrong will need to figure out a dovetail. If Ings isn't fit, I'd give Obafemi another run - he was nippy in the box, or try Gallagher.

That's an attacking line-up, but we would have a more solid back four - and Hughes needs to stress the need for Gabi and Redmond to track back earlier rather than later. We can't keep conceding goals from wide (even touchline) concentration errors.

If Ings, Obafemi and Gallagher are unavailable I'd still leave Austin out and play with ten, as we did for most of Saturday. :)

Hughes has said he’ll rotate which I don’t like. Stick out the best 11 you can, maybe with a couple of tweaks (Hoedt and Austin) and get these guys going and try to get the winning feeling back.

If we win we’ll end up with someone like JWP or Romeu playing OK and winning a place against Utd which theyll invariably **** up.

Hughes has said he’ll rotate which I don’t like. Stick out the best 11 you can, maybe with a couple of tweaks (Hoedt and Austin) and get these guys going and try to get the winning feeling back.

If we win we’ll end up with someone like JWP or Romeu playing OK and winning a place against Utd which theyll invariably **** up.

The big question is : what is our best 11 ??

For sure Hughes doesn't know it :mcinnes:

I think he will make wholesale changes.

I can only see possibly target and Redmond keeping their place in side.

Gunn

Stephens

Vestergaard

Bedenak

Target

Romeu

JWP

Elynoussi

Redmond

Davis

Obafemi

Be interesting to see if we try and utilise Obafemi pace and get him in behind there defence or will be put aimless crosses into box like usual?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Can't say I give a monkeys about this game, add to the fact that if we win we get the pleasure of getting slaughtered by City in the 1/4 final. Give some people a chance to make a case to start on Saturday.

Gunn

Valery, Stephens, Vestergaard, Targett

Romeu, JWP, Davis

El You, Obafemi, Redmond

Turns out I’ll be in Leicester on business, so wondered if I could get a ticket at the stadium. Anyone know what the chances are?

Can't imagine it'll be anywhere near a sellout, might be worth ringing them and getting them to put one aside for you if you're that worried.

Plenty of seats left in the home end, you might be your best chance of seeing a home win that way!

Turns out I’ll be in Leicester on business, so wondered if I could get a ticket at the stadium. Anyone know what the chances are?

Chances would be very good, neither the home or away end are sold out.

Pretty pointless match with Man City waiting in the next round but I’m actually looking forward to it. Pressure is off we might see n open game and Hughes will have to give some other players a try. We’ve sold 1200 not bad really.