Saints vs Man Utd - Build Up

Lighthouse

The only way is up ... unless we lose and Fulham scramble a draw....could be rock bottom Sunday afternoon.
That's ok. Only Spurs, Arsenal and Man City coming up. Plenty of points on offer.. (Oh ok and some more winnable ones inbetween but we really need to start winning some of those.. )

So 3 CBs again. Hughes' single worst attribute is the inability to stick with one formation and let the players get familar with it.

If it's "3 CBs again" doesn't that mean he's sticking with the same formation? ;)

Anyway, in fairness to him changing it from Fulham and earlier, it's not unreasonable to change formation from playing the bottom team to a CL level team. 3 CBs may work against a top team, but wasted against ones at our level (the Burnley game being a good example).

That's ok. Only Spurs, Arsenal and Man City coming up. Plenty of points on offer.. (Oh ok and some more winnable ones inbetween but we really need to start winning some of those.. )

What win some games in December?

**** me the last time we won 2 games during the Xmas month was while we were in the championship.

Loved to be proved wrong?

Fair enough I must have missed that. Is Bertrand injured then?
Yes. Back problem.

The cynic in me wonders if he's got the Jan window in view. Not that I think he's good enough at the moment to be attracting attention.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes. Back problem.

The cynic in me wonders if he's got the Jan window in view. Not that I think he's good enough at the moment to be attracting attention.

I'd get rid of him tbh. Play Targett and maybe free up some wages for a defender or pacy midfielder- I doubt we will be getting a striker.

Agreed, if we get a decent offer.

Selling almost the last of our quality does not seem like a sensible thing to do. It would be consistent with the approach that’s got us into this mess. Better we change to a manager who knows how to get our wing backs forward to provide early low crosses, the kind that Bertrand has the ability to provide.

looks like tickets still available.....a sign of the fan base growing indifference to the club

at least we still get the training videos on social media

Loads of tickets left, is everyone slowly giving up on this season?

With our injuries I agree with 0-2 defeat prediction

Loads of tickets left, is everyone slowly giving up on this season?

With our injuries I agree with 0-2 defeat prediction

We've all got Christmas presents to pay for and haven't beaten Utd at home since Beattie scored the winner in 2003.

I've just got no inclination to spend £40 standing there on some p*ssing wet, cold, miserable evening, listening to all their kn*bhead fans from Fareham and Salisbury singing about how great they were in '99, whilst our players serve up another abject failure of a performance on the pitch.

Selling almost the last of our quality does not seem like a sensible thing to do. It would be consistent with the approach that’s got us into this mess. Better we change to a manager who knows how to get our wing backs forward to provide early low crosses, the kind that Bertrand has the ability to provide.

Problem is, like the most of the talent in the squad in recent seasons, he looks like he'd rather be anywhere but at saints and plays like it...

0-3 A very average ManU score 3 by midway through the second half and ease off. Hughes claims we were unlucky (again!!!) and deserved something from the game. Its all so predictable.

Unbelievably United are still available at 11/10!

Literally giving money away!! Gone in large (Kevin n Perry style)

I’ll be jumping all over this.

Bit of a weird selection there.

Utd have been shipping a lot of goals so would have been nice to see maybe another midfielder instead of a 5th defender.

I am all for giving the kids a chance but I don't think having Obafemi start this one was the right call. Gabbi should have started imo.

If we leak an early goal the 5 at the back kind of ****s us.

Presumably all the people moaning about the line-up weren't paying attention to the Leicester game on Tuesday, and just came on here to moan about us losing yet again (on penalties I would add). This is as close to the team that played the last game as is possible, and they played well, therefore they deserve to start this game. That's how most people would want the team to be picked, can't understand why people are complaining about it. For the first time in ages I'm semi-optimistic about our performance coming up. Get a grip.

Presumably all the people moaning about the line-up weren't paying attention to the Leicester game on Tuesday, and just came on here to moan about us losing yet again (on penalties I would add). This is as close to the team that played the last game as is possible, and they played well, therefore they deserve to start this game. That's how most people would want the team to be picked, can't understand why people are complaining about it. For the first time in ages I'm semi-optimistic about our performance coming up. Get a grip.

****s on here never stop moaning. No matter what we do or don’t do.

Exactly. Fair play to Hughes, this is a brave line up choice. I hope it comes off as will be good to see the youngsters. Not much he can do about Cedric on the left with both left backs out.