Saints vs Man Utd - Build Up

Lighthouse

Tremendous. Ings suffers injury set-back. Bertrand also a doubt.

@AdamBlackmore: #saintsfc Danny Ings has had a small set-back with his hamstring injury Mark Hughes says, and hasn’t joined the squad in training yet.

Safe to say he’s more than doubtful for Saturday v #mufc

Edited by SuperSAINT

Ings definitely out, Bertrand and Targett doubtful. May be Valery with Cedric on the left.

The question for me us whether to stick with the three CBs who did quite well on Tuesday, sacrificing an attacking player, or go to two (preferably Yoshida and Vestergaard) to keep the attacking line-up.

If it's three at the back, with Ings unfit, I'd go with Redmond, Armstrong and Gabbiadini with Obafemi on the bench. If two, play them all. Please no Austin!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

After so many poor displays of late, Morinho will be looking to get his show back on the road and what better team to play than us.

I'm normally optimistic of a possible upset, but what is it 3 seasons or something stupid without a win against a top 6 team (Can Man U justify the label though?) is likely to continue.

Lukaku will score for fun ... 0-3.

Ings definitely out, Bertrand and Targett doubtful. May be Valery with Cedric on the left.

The question for me us whether to stick with the three CBs who did quite well on Tuesday, sacrificing an attacking player, or go to two (preferably Yoshida and Vestergaard) to keep the attacking line-up.

If it's three at the back, with Ings unfit, I'd go with Redmond, Armstrong and Gabbiadini with Obafemi on the bench. If two, play them all. Please no Austin!

If Bertrand and Targett are injured I've got a feeling we'll go back 3 and stick a midfielder at RWB (ie. JWP) with Cedric at left wing back. I can't see Valery getting thrown-in at RB.

I'm not saying that is what I would do but it would be brave to have Valery in there at RB against Martial and Shaw when you're facing the sack for being shoite.

If Bertrand and Targett are injured I've got a feeling we'll go back 3 and stick a midfielder at RWB (ie. JWP) with Cedric at left wing back. I can't see Valery getting thrown-in at RB.

I'm not saying that is what I would do but it would be brave to have Valery in there at RB against Martial and Shaw when you're facing the sack for being shoite.

Valery didn't do much wrong on Tuesday and Hughes spoke highly of him today. But agreed, it would be brave.

Plucky performance where we control large portions of the game but fail to move the ball around fast enough so don't create any sustained pressure. Gabbi misses our one clear chance and we eventually lose one nil to a scrappy goal by Lukaku after a mistake from Yoshida/Stephens/Hoedt/Cedric*. Hughes finds positives from the performance that no one else can.

I have to decide whether to watch from the comfort of the sofa or brave the local which will be full of Utd fans!

* could be any of the above.

Would love to beat United ordinarily but we desperately need a new manager to instill some belief in the.Team..... not convinced even a heavy loss would make them take action though!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Austin can’t start. He’s so' date=' so bad. Would 100% play Obafemi over him.[/quote']

Shame Obafemi isnt yet ready to be a Premier League player. Despite being lively and running around a lot, looks scared when he's got the responsibility to shoot and has had 2 or 3 very major c*ck ups in his limited appearances. I'm sure that'll change when he does put one away, but at the moment he's not quite there for me to be playing in the first team, and is likely only there due to the massive amounts of injuries (and significant loss of form) of our strikers. If you compare him to some of the youngsters brought in by Liverpool (Woodburn), City (Foden), Arsenal (Smith-Rowe) etc - you could tell straight away they looked much more composed and ready to play senior football. Hopefully it'll come soon, but he isnt the answer currently unfortunately.

Would love to see Gallagher given another go as a bigger more mobile front man (than Austin), but I think he's still injured?

Shame Obafemi isnt yet ready to be a Premier League player. Despite being lively and running around a lot, looks scared when he's got the responsibility to shoot and has had 2 or 3 very major c*ck ups in his limited appearances. I'm sure that'll change when he does put one away, but at the moment he's not quite there for me to be playing in the first team, and is likely only there due to the massive amounts of injuries (and significant loss of form) of our strikers. If you compare him to some of the youngsters brought in by Liverpool (Woodburn), City (Foden), Arsenal (Smith-Rowe) etc - you could tell straight away they looked much more composed and ready to play senior football. Hopefully it'll come soon, but he isnt the answer currently unfortunately.

Would love to see Gallagher given another go as a bigger more mobile front man (than Austin), but I think he's still injured?

Unlike our other strikers who are smashing them in ?

I totally disagree. He was lively on Tuesday and most certainly didn't look scared - weird thing to say.

He had two half chances against Fulham and got decent shots away. His "sitter" against Leicester was nothing of the sorts. The rebound off the bar came to him fast at a very awkward height.

Why compare with the youth of the "big" teams?

He's what we've got and he's got potential that won't be realised unless he's given chances.

Edited by Shroppie

Anyone looked at the BBC website and enjoyed seeing our 3-1 win over United in the famous half time kit changing game?

The last goal by Le Tizz just showed what a great player he was.

Cool, cal, collected.

Can you imagine any of our forwards scoring a similar goal.

Perhaps Gabbi on a good day but the rest of them...no chance!!!

Spot on. He's busy and quick but lacks that bit of quality and composure. I'm all for giving youth a chance but they have to be good enough. Obafemi is not there yet for me either.

Anyone looked at the BBC website and enjoyed seeing our 3-1 win over United in the famous half time kit changing game?

The last goal by Le Tizz just showed what a great player he was.

Cool, cal, collected.

Can you imagine any of our forwards scoring a similar goal.

Perhaps Gabbi on a good day but the rest of them...no chance!!!

On that same token. Can you imagine Cedric whipping in dangerous crosses like Neilson or one of our strikers attacking a ball like Shipps?

Pretty sure Obafemi will start, along with Valery.

Umm .... just noticed that the pressure is off us actually beating a Top 6 team, as Moan U are languishing in 7th place ..... so technically a win wouldn't count as a Top 6 win!!

So do we approach the game without that monkey on our shoulder and treat them the same as Burnley, Newcatle or Brighton and get a plucky draw, or save ourselves for Spurs away to get that elusive Top 6 win?

I fear a United backlash. Even if we found ourselves 2 up I wouldn't put my mortage on us winning even against this current United side.

Hope I'm wrong.

It's going to be really awkward if we win and still have to sack Hughes as a new man is ready to roll. Not that I care much

We sacked Adkins after a 2-2 draw against Chelsea and a decent spell of games if I remember rightly, this place went mental at the time.

Umm .... just noticed that the pressure is off us actually beating a Top 6 team, as Moan U are languishing in 7th place ..... so technically a win wouldn't count as a Top 6 win!!

So do we approach the game without that monkey on our shoulder and treat them the same as Burnley, Newcatle or Brighton and get a plucky draw, or save ourselves for Spurs away to get that elusive Top 6 win?

I fear a United backlash. Even if we found ourselves 2 up I wouldn't put my mortage on us winning even against this current United side.

Hope I'm wrong.

Don't give Heisenberg any excuses, he still refuses to count our two wins against Liverpool.

It will be the normal saints v man u. We will play well. Really well. We will score first but then give away a silly goal. The ref will have a nightmare and deprive us of a goal , we will hit the woodwork and then they will get a lucky deflected goal just before the end, completely against the run of play.

I have seen us play man u before