Your Most Disliked Current Saint

DRAGONZ_RULE

I can't seem to create a poll, but nevertheless, who is your most disliked current Saints player? I'll list out the most likely candidates below, if someone else who and why?!

- Fraser Forster

- Cedric Soares

- Wesley Hoedt

- Ryan Bertrand

- Mohamed Elyounoussi

- Charlie Austin

- Shane Long

- Manolo Gabbiadini

- Other?

For mine:

- Cedric is up there for just how badly he has declined year-on-year since his arrival, but arguably you could put this down to terrible coaching the last 2 years and no viable competition for his spot.

- Hoedt is up there for how bad he has been since the day he's turned up, bar one or two games. There are about forty five centre halves in the joint and he is the only one that continually gets a free pass from Hughes.

- Austin and Long are up there because they are stealing a salary, they get paid to score goals and neither of them do. Ever.

- Ultimately though, I would go with Bertrand at this moment, he has been picked as Captain but has shown a sum total of ZERO leadership to help dig the team out of its current mire.

Apologies lads, didn't mean for it to come across that way. More that there are so many threads at the moment where there is just consistently abusive / negative comments towards players and it made sense to me to put it all in one place haha. Happy for it to be removed if required.

For the record though, I'm not a Southampton fan - I'm a Leeds fan from Australia who likes Southampton because of how they (used to) do their business and perform so well for a club without the financial backing of the "big" clubs. Seeing what's been happening the last couple of seasons is very frustrating for me, because the EPL should be about more than just big clubs spending big money.

Anyway as above, happy for the thread to be removed it it's in poor taste.

Charlie Austin

Dislike the beard, the tatts, the lack of goals, the lack of skill, the lack of speed and particularly disliked the nasty flick of the foot into the Huddersfield's keeper's face that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CELURdnVa3E

Not the sort of thing I like seeing from a Saints player

Current favorite player would be Yoshida even though he's not the most talented in the squad.

I have only strongly disliked two players.

First was Nigel Quashie, who refused to get back onside and get involved with the game after missing a shot. The only player I've ever sworn at.

The second was Sadio Mane, who's form dipped so terribly and obviously whilst trying to force a transfer. Get him off!

What an strange thread, sort of thing a 6 year old would come up with (no offence to 6 year old intended).

I dunno. Lost of people have been complaining that the current bunch of players are unlikable, so I think it's got merit really.

Personally, my least favourite of the current bunch is probably Redmond. He has a massively over-inflated sense of his own ability, and the way he whinges and moans at his team-mates when he cocks up is abhorrent.

Austin is stealing a living at the moment as is Long, but I do don't dislike any of them.

I do however dispiar when they are selected ahead of other, better options.

There have only been 3 saints players I have ever really hated, David Speedie, Stuart Ripley and Mark Hughes.

Then he must have managed that at walking pace.

60% of Fans moaned about Mane. Yet he was incredible, and still is incredible. Trouble with a Mane type player, when they are bad, they are really very bad, but when they are on form they are unplayable.

I would give my left testicle to have Mane back, and Tadic, and Pelle.

I have only strongly disliked two players.

First was Nigel Quashie, who refused to get back onside and get involved with the game after missing a shot. The only player I've ever sworn at.

The second was Sadio Mane, who's form dipped so terribly and obviously whilst trying to force a transfer. Get him off!

:mcinnes:

Ok I will say what others are thinking but afraid to say.

As a player I dislike Hoedt.

I actually I am not a great fan of his personality either.

So there - just an opinion but best out in the open... Cue the ‘I bet he doesn’t like you either quotes’ and ‘You don’t even know him’ quotes from the politically correct crowd..

Oh and the ‘call yourself a fan’ quotes too lol...

Just answering the question ....

Ok I will say what others are thinking but afraid to say.

As a player I dislike Hoedt.

I actually I am not a great fan of his personality either.

So there - just an opinion but best out in the open... Cue the ‘I bet he doesn’t like you either quotes’ and ‘You don’t even know him’ quotes from the politically correct crowd..

Oh and the ‘call yourself a fan’ quotes too lol...

Just answering the question ....

How to make a drama out of an answer.

I think the OP was referring to players ability/performances, rather than whether we think they're a jolly good chap or not.

Regarding Hoedt for example, IMO his ego far exceeds his footballing ability, someone needs to tell him he's not the Keiser and just get rid of the f****ing ball when necessary.

Historically, since past players have been mentioned, anyone remember Terry Curran? The most inept player I ever watched, but will probably be remembered for the winner v Leeds in the LC semi 2nd leg.

Funny old game....