• Yoshida
    • Cedric
    • PEH
    • Lemina
    • Armstrong
    • Redmond
    • Obafemi
    • Gabbi

Showed a bit of intensity and skill today. Lemina and Redmond outstanding; if only Redmond's final ball was better. Team looked so much better with the youth and enthusiasm of Obafemi and Valery - there should be no place in the team for the likes of Austin and Long, or Hoedt. Yoshida and Stephens had very good second halves.

Indeed - clearly shows we have the squad to match and maybe even better the likes of Man U. Problem is lack of fitness, confidence and concentration - all of which the manager should be putting right. Get a manager to get a 10 to 20% improvement on these aspects and we survive, don't we are down - it's that simple.

I didn’t see any fitness issues out there today. We were the better and stronger team and running hard right till the end. The manager can’t influence the concentration of the players. That’s their responsibility. And he didn’t sign any of the CB’s either. Let’s critique Hughes by all means but let’s be objective about it.

Meh. Would have taken a point beforehand, but it's still yet more points dropped from a winning position.

I though Obafemi did pretty well, and it's a real shame he's gonna be sidelined for a bit now.

Another good finish from Armstrong. It's only taken us 4 years (since we sold Lallana) but at last we seem to have a goal-scoring midfielder.

Overall we played pretty well, but yet again we manage to give away goals through very poor, some would say non-existent, marking.

Is it really too much to ask that - just for once - this bunch of players can hold onto a lead?

I didn’t see any fitness issues out there today. We were the better and stronger team and running hard right till the end. The manager can’t influence the concentration of the players. That’s their responsibility. And he didn’t sign any of the CB’s either. Let’s critique Hughes by all means but let’s be objective about it.

Apart from vestergaard!

Did remind me a bit of us v Liverpool at home in relegation year. Gabbi shooting into row h the equivalent of Crouchie losing possession. But hey, a point is decent. And there were bits to build on. Unless Hoedt comes back in. Still wouldn't mind if Hughes was axed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apart from vestergaard!

Hughes made it very clear in an interview a couple of weeks back that he had nothing to do with the summer signings. Now whether he was being completely truthful about that we don’t know. We do know however that Reed got sacked and not Hughes so you can read into that what you will.

Edited by Greenridge

Is it really too much to ask that - just for once - this bunch of players can hold onto a lead?

To be fair there was lots of the game left, I doubt very many people thought we would see it out from that point. If we had been in that position with ten to go and failed to hold on I'd be ****ed off.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Edited by Micky

Overall, our best 90 minutes this season I reckon (apart from the soft goals we gave away of course).

The trouble is, whenever we get dawns such as this they invariably end up being false ones....

Redmond MotM... He'd be a £50m player if his final ball was as good as his approach play.

Edited by trousers

Hughes made it very clear in an interview a couple of weeks back that he had nothing to do with the summer signings. Now whether he was being completely truthful about that we don’t know. We do know however that Reed got sacked and not Hughes so you can read into that what you will.

Standard line from Hughes, said it at qpr and stoke.

Backed United at evens and again at 7/1

Covered with the draw at 3's so about £45 up overall.

Enough to sponsor your full membership if you're struggling?

Can you explain that to me as I don't do betting. You can place money on the favourites to win and then the obvious draw and still come out winning £45 . That is amazing I cant see why bookies actually spend millions advertising

Can you explain that to me as I don't do betting. You can place money on the favourites to win and then the obvious draw and still come out winning £45 . That is amazing I cant see why bookies actually spend millions advertising

Ignore this stuff it comes out of the rear of cattle

Backed United before KO @ evens LOST £60

Backed United when we were 2-0 @ 7/1 LOST £60

Backed the draw when we were 2-0. £50 @ 10/3 WON £216.66

Invested £170 won £216.66 so up c£45

Disappointing to lose from a position of a two goal lead, but very encouraging to hold on to the draw for such a long time, them having pegged us back. Taking the match as a whole, I don't think it fanciful to think that we edged it as the better team. However, I believe this to be the worst United team I can ever remember and there wasn't a better time to be playing them. When the match was even at half time, there was a possibility that both managers could have faced chants of "sacked in the morning" if the win went convincingly one way or the other. But our second half display gives Hughes some breathing space, and moves Mourinho closer to the exit door at United. After all, his team of expensive primadonnas was incapable of beating a relegation zone team.

Hughes should be given credit at least for playing them the right way tactically and the players get credit for carrying out those instructions. That is to get in their face, close down the spaces, and show aggressively that you want it more than them. As Corporal Jones might have advised, they don't like it up them. Once again, Lemina was a tower of strength and probably the one player that could have improved Man United's midfield. He was certainly better than Pogba, but think what they could have done for United playing alongside each other. Lemina, Hojbjerg and Armstrong are proving to be a very good trio in midfield and Redmond is getting better and better with each match, growing in stature and the confidence to run at defenders with the ball at his feet. He is becoming a real handful and it is only his final touch that sometimes lets him down. The two full backs had a good game, Valerie not out of his depth despite his inexperience at this level and his young age. Cedric has filled in very well for Bertrand and his free kick goal was a real peach. I didn't know he had that in his locker. The central defence was generally OK, but it was inevitable that in pressing high to take the game to United, there was always the chance that their pacy star players could punish us on the break and so it proved. But United in the second half also had to come at us and I cannot remember a United team so guilty of misplaced passes and awful shots from distance. We completely dominated them the last 15 minutes.

When Lukaku went down having fallen badly when no Saints player was near him, why did we stop playing? Would they have stopped playing if one of our players went down? I don't think so.

But when is one of our strikers next going to score a goal? Once again, goals for a defender or a midfielder. Armstrong looks as if he might end up our top scorer. He isn't afraid to have a shot at goal and neither is Hojbjerg. An honourable mention to Obafemi,who acquitted himself well and can surely only get better with experience at this level. For a change, gaining a draw against a glory team like United when we were the better team, it almost felt like a win leaving St Mary's.

Oh, as an afterthought, I can't wait to watch MOTD tonight, when the pundits will criticise how badly Man United played, without any praised for how well we played.

We were both pretty rank Tbf.

2nd half was horrendous from both teams.

Expected United to finish us, but they were awful. We were too

2 points dropped really. We were the better team and Man U were about as bad as they will ever be.

That said, Valery and Obafemi big positives, Redmond good and Lemina the best player on the pitch.

Unfortunately, we'll get tonked by Spurs and then pressure on at Cardiff.

Taken in isolation not a bad result but we're still on a relegation trajectory. We need wins and very soon.

When this team scores the defence can't hold on to it and when it keeps a clean sheet it can't score. Confidence is shot to bits and players don't believe they can win.

Sparky is trying to make something happen but it's still not working. I have sympathy because the whole club is dysfunctional but we are where we are and he must be close to the end of his tenure.

Remaining 2018 fixtures coming up ..... Spurs(a) L, Cardiff(a) D, Arse(h) L, Udders(a) D, Spam(h) D, Citeh(h) L

Looks like 3 points from remaining 2018 fixtures giving us 12 points from 20 games played. Effective relegation by 1 Jan.

Just got back from the game, agree with the consensus, Lemina and Redmond were excellent.

ManU were nothing special TBH.

Biggest concern for me was our keeper. He’s not actually that good.

Mind you with that shower of ****e defence stood in front of him probably doesn’t help.

Good effort and something to build on.

High point of the day, sharing the lift with Sir Alex F. Looks very thin and pale but you still wouldn’t pick a fight with him!

I reckon we would win a lot more matches if defenders were allowed to mark opponents in dangerous positions. I hadn't realised this wasn't allowed and, come to think of it, maybe the rule only applies to our defenders. Strange really that you are called a defender which implies you should at least make a token attempt to defend yet our lot are quite happy marking that very dangerous opponent Space who has never scored a goal. Wonder why Mark Hughes, who has been in football a long time, can't do something about this problem which is costing us lots of points. Maybe he doesn't think we pay him enough and it should be someone else's job. I do wonder what goes on at the training ground.

Yoshida had the chance to tackle for both goals. For the first he was shrugged off by Rashford Shoulder to shoulder, a stupid decision he should have block tackled the ball. Second goal he pulled out again and let Rashford get his cross past him. Both Stephens and Vestergaard need a kick in the pants. Both of them on occasions needed to rapidly get back goalside but chose to watch and do nothing. A defender has to assume that his colleague will be beaten and get back to cover, rather than assume it's all going to be alright.

Hojbjerg too many times as did others make too many five yard passes mostly causing us to lose the ball as play tightened up. Hojbjerg also needs a kick in the pants, when one of the forwards especially Armstrong makes a run he has to get the ball up to them immediately rather than check out and ignore the runs. Lamina has good skills but as with Hojbjerg he has to drive into the box.

Valery deserves another go, a lovely crunching tackle. I hope Bertrand is fit which will give us more on the left. Cedric did his best in a strange position but is a poor defender. Great free kick.

Redmond showed the way with tempo and running at defenders, gave Obefemi the ball to lay off for Armstrong's special goal across De Gea. Armstrong looks a good player. Ings will improve things with him.

All in all an encouraging display, cut out the errors, get ruthless and don't dwell on the ball in our last third, if in doubt hit the corners. Better in the second half and consideration to the three centre backs who haven't had any game time for a while until last Tuesday. They need time to bed in and get used to the pace etc. There is a platform to move forward.

McCarthy, what the hell was that air shot. As for McTominey holding on to him. He should have gripped his arm and rolled hard across him probably dislocating his arm. probably got a free kick. Having said that the useless Kevin Friend should have booked him immediately as he was blocking the keeper. Fellaini should have gone for the multiple use of his arm and hand across the opponents face.

Edited by derry

Just got back from the game, agree with the consensus, Lemina and Redmond were excellent.

ManU were nothing special TBH.

Biggest concern for me was our keeper. He’s not actually that good.

Mind you with that shower of ****e defence stood in front of him probably doesn’t help.

Good effort and something to build on.

High point of the day, sharing the lift with Sir Alex F. Looks very thin and pale but you still wouldn’t pick a fight with him!

Seriously? keeper is the one area of the squad I'm not worried about.

We were both pretty rank Tbf.

2nd half was horrendous from both teams.

Expected United to finish us, but they were awful. We were too

What a load of tosh ! We played well and deserved to win!.Players are playing for Hughes .....its the ****poor recruitment that has fooked us up really

Fair play to Hughes, got his tactics pretty much spot on. Obviously disappointed to lose a 2 goal lead, but feared the worst at half time. Been critical of the attitude this season, but everyone did their best today. Hughes really given a hospital pass from Reed regarding centre halves, until we get at least one top quality one, we’re going to struggle. I liked the formation, it brings the best out of Cedric. All in all, an ok result.

Without an end product you cannot be MOM. Redmond you are part of the problem not the solution.

I really don't get this - Redmond was the best player on the park - ran everywhere, had pace, takes on defenders, dribbled the ball well...yes, the last pass wasn't there - but to be fair, neither were clear options for him - Obafemi was a target when he was on, Gabbi is lacking match-fitness and it showed.

Yes, it's frustrating when there's no finish - but he's the spark creating the danger time and again - he's playing really well this season and let's be fair.

We're seeing some pattern in the individual defensive errors that are costing us points - fart-arsing around when the safe play is to put the ball out. Hoedt last week and Yoshida this week both had chances to clear things up but opted to try to nick the ball, and it cost us big-time on both occasions.

I'm starting to think that our best central pairing might be Yoshida and Stephens (or even Bednarek). Vestergaard isn't fast enough to cover space, and his brain seems to work as fast as his feet.

Still reasonably optimistic. We missed Ings and Bertrand, but Hughes will have to find a way of dovetailing Ings and Armstrong because they both deserve to play. With Lemina and PEH that's a pretty damn good unit. Redmond's playing well up until the final ball. He needs to alternate between tricky-dickie and early delivery, but everyone knows he will be tricky dickie every time. Alternating might give him that extra yard of space.

Enjoyed that, good team and formation selected by Hughes and encouraging that rather than fading away in second half we played some good stuff.

Nothing has changed my view that Hughes should be given until after the Wet Spam game as a minimum which is the halfway point.

What a load of tosh ! We played well and deserved to win!.Players are playing for Hughes .....its the ****poor recruitment that has fooked us up really

We didn't deserve to win. IMHO

We chucked away a 2 goal lead and 2nd half had less possession (42%), less passes, less accurate passing, had just 1 corner and forced just one save from the keeper - That was a speculative shot from distance.

The only thing we won was the yellow card count.

By our own standards it was a little better, but United were pants today and we still couldn't beat them. Two poor teams

2-2 in the end was fair.

P.s I agreed our recruitment has been horrendous

We're seeing some pattern in the individual defensive errors that are costing us points - fart-arsing around when the safe play is to put the ball out. Hoedt last week and Yoshida this week both had chances to clear things up but opted to try to nick the ball, and it cost us big-time on both occasions.

I'm starting to think that our best central pairing might be Yoshida and Stephens (or even Bednarek). Vestergaard isn't fast enough to cover space, and his brain seems to work as fast as his feet.

Still reasonably optimistic. We missed Ings and Bertrand, but Hughes will have to find a way of dovetailing Ings and Armstrong because they both deserve to play. With Lemina and PEH that's a pretty damn good unit. Redmond's playing well up until the final ball. He needs to alternate between tricky-dickie and early delivery, but everyone knows he will be tricky dickie every time. Alternating might give him that extra yard of space.

I agree and if Hughes wants to play 3 central defenders then those 3: Stephens, Yoshida and Bednarek. Hoedt and Vestergaard should be sold at the earliest available opportunity and the money reinvested in a player who can cope in the Premier League.

We didn't deserve to win. IMHO

We chucked away a 2 goal lead and 2nd half had less possession (42%), less passes, less accurate passing, had just 1 corner and forced just one save from the keeper - That was a speculative shot from distance.

The only thing we won was the yellow card count.

By our own standards it was a little better, but United were pants today and we still couldn't beat them. Two poor teams

2-2 in the end was fair.

P.s I agreed our recruitment has been horrendous

Yellow cards was a draw I think, mate

I had 4 each at 50/1.