Spurs v Saints Build-up Thread...

SuperSAINT

Rom & Davis in as above, and Bertrand if he's fit for Cedric, Ings or Gabbi for Obafemi (sadly). Go again. A bit defeatist but I would rather Hoj and Lemina were suspended for this game and had a rest for Cardiff, than picking up yellows in the Spurs game and missing that one. Set up tight, see what happens.

Didn't realise Lemina and Hoijberg were both out, we're in even bigger trouble than I first thought. Ings and Bertrand likely to be out as well.

Spurs have a tough run of games, hopefully they pick our game as the one to rest some players in. I'll predict 2-0 defeat.

Sunday - Arsenal (a)

Wednesday- Saints (h)

Saturday- Leicester (a)

Tuesday- Barcelona (a)

I still think Hughes will go after Spurs match.
I thought he would go after today had we been poor and lost but Im not sure he will go soon now.

Whilst results are poor, performances aren't *that* bad.

Its pretty clear Hughes isnt doing superbly, but also that the squad has clear weaknesses.

Lemina & Hojbjerg BOTH suspended?

Let's hope Spurs pick up some injuries tomorrow.

Is Hojbjerg suspended ?

I thought we only had Lemina and Cedric going into yesterdays game on 4 bookings.

I believe Hojbjerg first booking of the season against Leicester was followed by a Red so that doesn't count, his other bookings were chelsea, watford, fulham and yesterday.

This is going to be really tough given all the injuries and suspensions. Could get ugly.

Real shame about Obafemi’s injury, thought he did well yesterday and his pace and willingness would have been a good outlet for us in this one. Any chance of Ings making it in time?

This is going to be really tough given all the injuries and suspensions. Could get ugly.

Real shame about Obafemi’s injury, thought he did well yesterday and his pace and willingness would have been a good outlet for us in this one. Any chance of Ings making it in time?

wouldn't rush him back for this one.

Only Lamina has 5 and a one match suspension. Hojbjerg and Soares have 4. Bertrand has 5 but has served his suspension. Personally if Bertrand comes back I'd keep Valery and leave Soares out as he has been defensively poor. as for the free kick, lightning won't strike twice. Hughes said he was surprised because in practice he isn't very good, like his crossing. In any case Targett should be clear by then.

Is Hojbjerg suspended ?

I thought we only had Lemina and Cedric going into yesterdays game on 4 bookings.

I believe Hojbjerg first booking of the season against Leicester was followed by a Red so that doesn't count, his other bookings were chelsea, watford, fulham and yesterday.

According to the FA/PL Suspensions web page, Hoj is not suspended. Before the weekend games only Lemina and Cedric were "one caution away", Lemina picked up his 5th, but Hoj was apparently not on 4 (despite what many commentatots, pundits etc were saying). Actually the site has been updated in the last hour since I looked and it confirms Cedric and Hoj now on 4 cautions.

That said, hope Hoj has a better game than yesterday, guilty of bad mistake for the 2nd goal and overall had a poor game, not sure he is really the right man to be captain.

That said, hope Hoj has a better game than yesterday, guilty of bad mistake for the 2nd goal and overall had a poor game, not sure he is really the right man to be captain.

Saw his first game when he arrived and he seemed cool and measured. His character has changed over time and now he seems much more driven and determined, but that seems to come with a little hotheadedness. He's fired up.

Not the right man? There is literally no other player in the lineup who is a better choice for captain, he is the only one out there who tries to lead by example.

Not the right man? There is literally no other player in the lineup who is a better choice for captain, he is the only one out there who tries to lead by example.

I might agree there is no one better in the line up but that doesn't mean he is the right man for the job. You're just saying he's the best of a bad bunch. I think he needs to focus on his game rather than worrying about other people, he really doesn't have the experience. Actually Yoshida is a better captain, now he seems to be ba k in the team. Ings is probably the best bet in the team for a future captain, but it would be a bit difficult while he is on loan. I like Hoj, but he needs to work hard at making his game consistently effective and would do better without the burden of being captain.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-12-03/team-news-tottenham-hotspur-southampton-premier-league-1819

Kelvin Davis:

“I’m expecting the players to be committed; I want everyone - as a Southampton man myself - to be mindful that when you have that badge on your chest, you must give 100 per cent. Hopefully that’s something that can rub off on the guys in the next couple of days."

Hmmn I'd expect backlash after that Arsenal defeat, they were poor in the 2nd half. Defensively they don't look solid, Vertonghen will be out, that young centre-back they have seems to make at least one dreadful error a game and Aurier is pretty dodgy as well. So I think we have a chance of scoring but don't fancy us keeping Kane, Ali, Eriksson etc. quiet.