Hughes sacked official!

skintsaint

Really wanted, and hoped, it would would work out with Hughes. Knew the league, knew the club, thought given how he managed to keep us up that we'd have a solid season but its clear it wasn't working.

I have no faith in the club to hire a decent replacement, particularly with the DOF situation and the fact the owner doesn't know a thing about football. The decision should have been made at least a month ago when we still had a realistic chance at getting some good points on the board before this tough run.

Personally think it would have been good to give the new bloke the free hit of the Spurs game to prepare for the six pointer with Cardiff.

Unfortunately the modern way is for the manager himself not wanting a defeat on his record first game . I’ve lost count of the number of times a new man is up in the stand whilst his new club negotiate a tricky fixture. Mind you the way supporters and media parrot statistics you can’t blame them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Key sentence from the Telegraph article - "That will not mean appointing a manager like Sam Allardyce or David Moyes, but potentially someone with no experience of Premier League football who fits their model."

Ahem....https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?60449-Wang-Baoshan#.XAUIO5mnw0N

Had a message from an unreliable source although club connected

Hassenhutti is new manager. Also tht MLT going to be new director of football, not for a while though due to Sky commitments. As I say not certain as it is not a nailed on prediction, although did tell me that Hughes was gone last night, that info was not from this from this site.

Wish him all the best. Regardless of Swansea's collapse last season, he did manage to get us playing well enough to dig ourselves out of trouble.

For me personally, the turning point for him and the team was the 2-2 draw at home to Brighton. I think that has had a bigger impact on the players than anyone could have imagined. Ever since that game we've just seemed so fragile, especially at home. We still haven't won a game at home this season, which is unforgivable seeing as we are in December.

Am I missing something here as I thought K Billy has effectively told us its Flores?

He seemed to. And then I always find that most of what Wilson writes in terms of who we’re buying or appointing normally never happens despite his closeness to the club. So is this the case here?

Feel quite different to how I did when Pellegrino finally went. Then I just couldn't wait to see the back of him, every day I hoped I would wake up to the news he had been sacked.

On balance I agree with the sacking - though it does rather depend on who we replace him with - but I do feel that in recent weeks (since Reed left, but who knows if that is a coincidence) we have actually been better and been a bit unlucky. As someone who detests the Premier League, I'm also more concerned with how enjoyable it is to watch us play rather than our position in the league table, and I've come away from matches thinking "I enjoyed that", at least for some parts of the game.

Defensive issues were always a concern about Hughes, and so it came to pass. But another thing I flagged up in the summer was how Stoke always seemed to start the season badly under him, and how we couldn't afford to do the same with our favourable fixture list. I don't think Hughes was sacked on the back of the last few games. It was because those games suddenly became more about the result than the performance, because we'd messed up the start of the season so badly.

Was one of those who suggested pre-season the club should have done a proper recruitment search instead of just going with Hughes simply cause he kept us up.

But I didn't expect things to be this bad.

He had to go, and thankfully he has.

Still think we're doomed, but you never know.

Mentioned Hasenhuttl on the Hughes replacement thread, would be an interesting one.

Did well at RB Leipzig, took them into Europe on their debut season in the Bundesliga. Focus on youth too which seems to fit our model, Lookman turned into a good player when he was loaned there last season.. Maybe he can bring along Timo Werner to sort our goal scoring problems out

I'm guessing the decision was made prior to the United game and the replacement process started then and is all but complete now.

At least we learned from last season when a manager kept promising improvement but the league form and table were ignored.

Let's face it, not beating that United side is shocking - our Championship side would have banged four past them and the League One side would have fancied it too.

The new guy has quite a job to do - first task could be planning a big expensive bonfire of deadwood in January.

Jesus - Kelvin bloody Davis. Pretty woeful keeper with limited experience running the show for the next game. I guess Flores wanted to start with a win...

Why not. It is fairly normal in these circumstances to appoint the remaining coach as caretaker. He has done a steady job as a coach and has remained loyal to Saints ever since he has been here, including the administration period when has wasn't getting paid. And the name is Davies.

Why not. It is fairly normal in these circumstances to appoint the remaining coach as caretaker. He has done a steady job as a coach and has remained loyal to Saints ever since he has been here, including the administration period when has wasn't getting paid. And the name is Davies.

Davis

Hello Mrs Davis! (Davis)

I hope the new man brings better coaches, tbh

latest odds:

Win

2/5

Ralph Hasenhuttl

7/2

Quique Sanchez Flores

6/1

Paulo Sousa

he also turned down more money from West Ham to stay with us at that time, as I recall, all be it I think he had a very young family at the time and probably didn't want to up sticks. Very little loyalty in football these days. That's about as good as it gets and for that I am grateful. He got a lot of stick during his career at Saints, but he, like many of the players in that squad, played a huge role in getting us promoted from the Championship. How many penalty saves that season? Maybe not the best keeper we have ever had, but players from that squad are `legends' in the loosest sense of the word and forever appreciated.

None of that has any bearing on his management ability, but I hope he brings all kinds of luck with him and we sneak a point against Spurs.

Maybe not popular with a lot on here but I do have some sympathy for Sparky, I don't think he's as bad as is made out on here but at least the club have been decisive and given the new guy a slim chance to get out of the nose dive. Gao has finally realised that dithering is a recipe for disaster.

This is a real high wire act, if there's no quick impact we're gone by early\mid Jan IMO. No honeymoon. Points needed starting with Spurs.

For me the real culprit is Les Reed and his dismal appointments over the last 2-3 years, had he been fired earlier and better recruitment taken place then Hughes might have been able to get out of this situation but it's all water under the bridge now.

It's still a very very average squad with non-scoring strikers and CBs liable to give goals away all too easily. Maybe a new manager can inject them all with a magic potion but unless the squad deficiencies are rectified in January I can't see too much changing.

It's still a very very average squad with non-scoring strikers and CBs liable to give goals away all too easily. Maybe a new manager can inject them all with a magic potion but unless the squad deficiencies are rectified in January I can't see too much changing.

Then we should be mid table?