Hughes sacked official!

skintsaint

Thanks for keeping us up. Whether you 'did it' or it was Swansea imploding... not important. We stayed up.

But this season has been dreadful. Enjoy your pay-off!

Now Saints..... can we PLEASE get someone a bit progressive, with a clear style - based around fitness, pressing and energy?

Shame really I wanted him to succeed but although some improvement its results that matter.

We have won 1 game and thats away although we have had chances but shocking defending has cost him but no signs he could change that .

Good luck to new manager he needs to make a silk purse out of a sows ear

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shame really I wanted him to succeed but although some improvement its results that matter.

We have won 1 game and thats away although we have had chances but shocking defending has cost him but no signs he could change that .

Good luck to new manager he needs to make a silk purse out of a sows ear

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This. Totally.

Really don't have much confidence in the club appointing the right guy, given the CV's of the people on the board..

I want so much to be proved wrong, please can we get it right this time...

Do you think your CV would stand in the way of you appointing the right guy?

Why haven't we already lined up a replacement surely we'd be better off keeping Hughes until we had someone lined up to take over. Several weeks of Kelvin, while we hunt for a replacement, could be painful especially with Cardiff coming up.

Appointment is lined up by the sounds of it. Like most new managers with a tough 1st fixture it's a case of observing the first game then cracking on with the winnable one. No doubt he'll be in attendance on Wednesday.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11570558/mark-hughes-sacked-as-southampton-manager

Mark Hughes has been sacked as Southampton manager after 10 matches without a victory in the Premier League.

Assistant manager Mark Bowen and assistant coach Eddie Niedzwiecki have also left the club with immediate effect.

Assistant coach Kelvin Davis will lead the team for Wednesday's Premier League game against Tottenham at Wembley.

Do you think your CV would stand in the way of you appointing the right guy?

I'm meaning that we don't have much footballing experience on the board, the very people who we task with appointing the new manager.

Les, for all his faults, was the only one with a footballing background and he did get us a couple of good managers.

Not trying to defend him by any means, just pointing out the weaknesses of the management.

Tbf people said it couldn't be worse than Puel, then it couldn't be worse than MoPe...I wouldn't put it past our board to actually find someone worse than Hughes...

It's almost as if they see it as a challenge or achievement.

Still, I'm happy that useless twot has gone. Some of the names doing the rounds though...eeesh. see statement above

While it is the easy decision, it is also one that had to be made as results just haven't been there. We need a manager that can get a tune out of a pretty average bunch of players, and one that can bring in some decent players in January. I don't fully blame Hughes but if he didn't want to sign those players in the summer then he should have put his foot down. He pussied out, we signed the likes of Vestergaard and Elyounoussi, and it has cost him his job.

Who's next? Sanchez Flores or Sousa? Whoever we bring in will have a hell of a job on their hands. Please don't go for the cheap option. Wenger/Arteta combo as DoF and coach? Pipe dream.

Key sentence from the Telegraph article - "That will not mean appointing a manager like Sam Allardyce or David Moyes, but potentially someone with no experience of Premier League football who fits their model."

What model? The brand the club tried to pedal of being an ambitious, well prepared, youth driven, defined footballing style and recruitment savvy club has been firmly laid to rest the last few seasons...

The club statement sounds depressingly familiar to previous ones with the search for a replacement is underway line. Also Kelvin is in charge for Wednesday which suggests no new manager announcement is immediate.

For me it comes across as the opposite. As the statement only says Davis is in charge specifically for the Spurs match and not the foreseeable future / interim, I reckon we’ll have our new man in charge Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it comes across as the opposite. As the statement only says Davis is in charge specifically for the Spurs match and not the foreseeable future / interim, I reckon we’ll have our new man in charge Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok maybe I'm expecting to much from the club to just have the new manager lined up to take over the same day the old one is sacked.

Personally think it would have been good to give the new bloke the free hit of the Spurs game to prepare for the six pointer with Cardiff.