Hughes sacked official!

skintsaint

• 3 months later...

Interesting piece from Glen Johnson on the last six months under Hughes at Stoke

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/glen-johnson-interview-mark-hughes-2652610.amp

Hughes it seems had trouble with players with big egos ..... Probably explains Hoedt's continued presence early season. I can imagine the situation was pretty similar here behind the scenes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Interesting piece from Glen Johnson on the last six months under Hughes at Stoke

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/glen-johnson-interview-mark-hughes-2652610.amp

Hughes it seems had trouble with players with big egos ..... Probably explains Hoedt's continued presence early season. I can imagine the situation was pretty similar here behind the scenes.

Thanks for posting, interesting read. It's interesting that Hoedt disappeared straight away as soon as RH arrived. Although he sold Gabbi he was clearly that was not attitudinal, but about the pressing game. Cedric he seemed in a hurry to move on as well.

It's poor recruitment and management, but I suspect it was a similar picture at SFC under Puel, Pellegrino and Hughes. It doesn't sound like the core pros at Stoke were listened to for far too long, I can't see Steven Davis for example putting up with that type of rubbish either or at least flagging it to the board if Reed wouldn't act or was complicit. I wonder why Kreuger didn't sack Pellegrino and Reed this time last year if it was as bad as Stoke on the training ground? Maybe it deteriorated further after the initial uplift under Hughes plus another mentally incompetent transfer window and that was enough for Kreuger to act?

That's one difference the clubs' models - Stoke have tried to back their managers' whereas until recently it appeared Reed was leading most football decisions.

Good players end up either wanting to punch him in the face or just ignoring him. Hughes just doesn't have the type of personality to command respect from a team: so different to Hasenhüttl, who does.