Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

He seems to relish the challenge he’s taken on. Shift the deadwood and bring in his own players push up the league and he’ll be gone. But it would be worth it. Ball, Strachan, Adkins and Koeman have been my favourite managers since I’ve supported Saints, but Hasenhuttl could usurp them all if he keeps on impressing.

Didn't he leave RBL because they didn't offer him a long term contract...which he wanted?

Gut feel is he will do well here, and then like Poch move on to bigger things. However the RBL situation (if my memory on this is correct) gives me hope that if we back him, support him and show him the love, we might be able to keep him a while.

. Ball, Strachan, Adkins and Koeman have been my favourite managers since I’ve supported Saints, but Hasenhuttl could usurp them all if he keeps on impressing.

Early days yet but I agree with you about the massively under-rated Nigel Adkins, a man without ego and always a ready smile. Our progress under him was a joy to behold and laid the very firm foundations of what was to come under Pochettino & Koeman. Arguably the best manger we ever had. I loved the passion he had for the game and particularly recall the Davis testimonial when he was out of his seat demanding everything from his ex-Saints side in a friendly!

Ralph has some work to do yet before he can truly be compared to Adkins & Koeman

Early days yet but I agree with you about the massively under-rated Nigel Adkins, a man without ego and always a ready smile. Our progress under him was a joy to behold and laid the very firm foundations of what was to come under Pochettino & Koeman. Arguably the best manger we ever had. I loved the passion he had for the game and particularly recall the Davis testimonial when he was out of his seat demanding everything from his ex-Saints side in a friendly!

Ralph has some work to do yet before he can truly be compared to Adkins & Koeman

Nigel Adkins leaving Hull. Seems like he was offered a "derisory" new contract by Hull owners. Can't agree he was the best manager we ever had, but he was a top bloke, decent, hard working and enthusiastic, a great role model.

Very good interview. From the man himself: wants a goalkeeper coach (as rumoured), fitness coach, up to five new players, with a focus on speed; and not older than 24. He's also committed to promoting from the Academy.

And he's personally getting involved in all of the scouting and recruiting departments.

Let's hope the club back him to the hilt - this guy's definitely a real asset.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Very good interview. From the man himself: wants a goalkeeper coach (as rumoured), fitness coach, up to five new players, with a focus on speed; and not older than 24. He's also committed to promoting from the Academy.

And he's personally getting involved in all of the scouting and recruiting departments.

Let's hope the club back him to the hilt - this guy's definitely a real asset.

Good read..guest cabins :D:D

exactly what a manager should be doing. If the buck stops with the manager then he should be intrinsically involved in the players brought in. I don't have a clue about day to day duties of a manager in current football, but I just don't understand how a manager could allow someone else to sign a player for me without scouting him (watching him live) myself.

All but confirms that Dave Watson is on his way too.

Hope that there has been some discussion with Watson previously. Irrespective of the merits of the decision , it'd be a pretty poor way to learn of your demotion/exit, via a translated interview in the press.

Hope that there has been some discussion with Watson previously. Irrespective of the merits of the decision , it'd be a pretty poor way to learn of your demotion/exit, via a translated interview in the press.

RH seems like a straight talking guy, he let the playing staff know so I cannot see any reason why that wouldn’t be the case with the coaching staff.

RH seems like a straight talking guy, he let the playing staff know so I cannot see any reason why that wouldn’t be the case with the coaching staff.

I would suspect that's the most likely scenario, and gives the outgoing staff the opportunity to look around for opportunities beforehand. I know there are a lot of whispers around here about Watson not being much good, and subjective comments about what he's done to some of our keepers (!) but do we have any objective evidence? Presumably keepers we have recruited from elsewhere must have an opinion, just like Ings had an opinion on our early season training after arriving from Liverpool..

• 3 weeks later...

HAve no idea in the truth of this but Sport Bible have Ralph as the 6 best paid manager in the Prem.

Guardiola 20m

Poch 8.5m

Solskjaer 7.5m

Klopp 7.5m

Pellegrini 7m

Ralph 6m

Emery 6m

Lampard 5m

Rodgers 5m

Howe 4m

HAve no idea in the truth of this but Sport Bible have Ralph as the 6 best paid manager in the Prem.

Guardiola 20m

Poch 8.5m

Solskjaer 7.5m

Klopp 7.5m

Pellegrini 7m

Ralph 6m

Emery 6m

Lampard 5m

Rodgers 5m

Howe 4m

Was €2m when he joined, unless he's signed a bumper new deal in secret, I dont think they're a particularly trustworthy source

Was €2m when he joined, unless he's signed a bumper new deal in secret, I dont think they're a particularly trustworthy source

And I doubt if any of them earn a flat rate fixed sum per season. They'd all have incentive bonuses in their contracts.

Same as players really, more they win, more they earn.

We refused to give our most successful prem era manager 7 million to keep him, I doubt we offered 6 million to a relatively unknown quantity (in prem terms).

That was then. After the Clown and Sparky fiascos (and near disastrous relegations) it appears the owner and board now realise how priceless a quality manager is. They seem to be doing everything to make Ralph happy, and I wouldn't be surprised if that includes big bonuses. Money well spent (unlike the litany of disastrous Reed purchases and player contracts).

Not at all ITK, but how about €2M (not £2M) per year standard contract when he joined, and €4M bonus for keeping us up? So total earning last year €6M - much much better than £19M for last ditch crap managers even crappier unknown striker?

An event from today that I wouldn’t normally bother repeating. A certain player ( let’s say a rising star) returned for training . One of the first things they do is check body fat ratio which is set before they go on holiday. It was slightly over the level.It was immediately reported to Ralph who insists on knowing everything.

The player was summoned to Ralph’s office and given a severe dressing down. They are very precise ( no shouting or swearing) but you are left in no doubt you are in trouble.

The player was told he is , at least , going to miss the beginning of the pre-season tour and even worse he was going to be subjected to a daily fitness regime, much feared by the players.

Ralph is very popular with the staff but everyone is aware if they don’t perform they are in trouble. Apparently he is totally focussed on the clubs success to an OCD level. I only repeat this to show the bed wetters that we have an amazing manager and he means business.

An event from today that I wouldn’t normally bother repeating. A certain player ( let’s say a rising star) returned for training . One of the first things they do is check body fat ratio which is set before they go on holiday. It was slightly over the level.It was immediately reported to Ralph who insists on knowing everything.

The player was summoned to Ralph’s office and given a severe dressing down. They are very precise ( no shouting or swearing) but you are left in no doubt you are in trouble.

The player was told he is , at least , going to miss the beginning of the pre-season tour and even worse he was going to be subjected to a daily fitness regime, much feared by the players.

Ralph is very popular with the staff but everyone is aware if they don’t perform they are in trouble. Apparently he is totally focussed on the clubs success to an OCD level. I only repeat this to show the bed wetters that we have an amazing manager and he means business.

Disappointing if it was, say, Slattery. In his couple of outings for the first team it was noticeable that he only had two speeds: walking and jogging. Against Burnley (I think) their players ran past him with ease time and again with the ball and he barely seemed to even try and keep up.

I wasn't sure if he was lazy, chronically slow or incredibly unfit, but it left a negative impression of a young player once tipped as a real prospect.

Let's hope whoever has been slacking learns a hard lesson and gets their act together pronto.

I have to say I agree with a lot of what Qwertyell says: I expected a bit more speed and fitness from Slattery when he played last season. Not entirely ineffective but disappointing given the earlier stories about his potential. Perhaps he believed them too much.

Armstrong isn't there ?

Next in French goalkeeper. Best I can do I’m afraid. At Staplewood at the moment.

His morale is low and he’s struggling with Ralph’s tough but fair coaching techniques. Targett staying too.

How reliable is the information? From the same itk poster.

Gotta be Slattery from the 'clues'...?

Could be one of a few. As well as Slattery, you'd probably have expected Ramsay and Johnson to have been in contention, possibly O'Connor too. Blackmore specifically commented on McQueen not being included but I thought he was injured so why the comment? And Armstrong didn't travel due to 'food poisoning' which strikes me as odd. That said, I wouldn't categorise him as a 'rising star'.

Sorry, just to add Reed and Hesketh are the other contenders, but imagine they're not in Austria due to being deemed surplus and imminently moving on along with some of the other bigger names left behind (Classie, Austin, Gallagher, Lemina and Carrillo)

Edited by Chewy
Missed out Gallagher and miss-typed Classie as classic (how ironic ...)

Sorry, just to add Reed and Hesketh are the other contenders, but imagine they're not in Austria due to being deemed surplus and imminently moving on along with some of the other bigger names left behind (Classie, Austin, Gallagher, Lemina and Carrillo)

I know he won't be here much longer, but any chance you could type Clasie, rather than Classie? Ta. You're normally accurate, so take it you have a blind spot over the word.

As to the fat player; how much overweight was he? Slattery was never carrying any weight and he is only 18 or 19 still, isn't he?

Without Ralph I'd be dreading next season and expecting another inevitable relegation struggle.

But with RH we have a real chance of something sweet. A top 10 finish again even!?

Just hope we get him the mix he needs over the summer.

Get this club heading in the right direction again. COYR

Would love to think we could achieve a top 10 finish this coming season, but I didn’t see such a significant step up in results to be honest...yes an improvement but not to that degree. Without making a clear improvement in our central defence I can see another lower half finish. Remember, our new additions are not tested at Prem level and other teams will improve too, so there’s not a great deal to get really excited about just yet...cautious optimism at best.

My guess - Slattery?

Slattery is a complete tit. Everything that’s wrong with a modern day footballer.

A cracking player with a terrible attitude (from what I’ve seen of him outside of the club). He’ll be off as soon as the opportunity arises.