Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

It’s funny all this continual criticism of Reed. I distinctly remember him getting flack in the summer because he allegedly wanted to look at other candidates and not appoint Hughes full time. Now he’s getting flack for the compensation paid to a manager he didn’t want!

It’s funny all this continual criticism of Reed. I distinctly remember him getting flack in the summer because he allegedly wanted to look at other candidates and not appoint Hughes full time. Now he’s getting flack for the compensation paid to a manager he didn’t want!

:lol:

Only other candidate he looked at was himself.

Considering the amount we have to pay when we sack them, this is kind of understandable.

What is the payment when we sack them? I read in one paper that it was £6m for Hughes, but I highly highly doubt that, as that will be the amount he might have earned over the length of his entire contract (presumption). There will be clauses in contracts that mitigate payments and are no doubt attached to performances.

Reeds approach of hiring v.average out of work managers saves on the initial compensation, but works out way more expensive long-term.

We must have paid out c£15-20m to sacked managers and support staff since Koeman left.

I think hiring out of work managers can work, you just need to convince one of the top 2-3 on the list to join us, not someone on page 4 and 5 of the list.

The problem with managers on the 1st page of the list is they probably didn't take kindly to Leslie sending them his coaching manual.

Thats probably spot on.

Starting to read that some fans think he will be off if he turns us around into a top 10 club.

Too right and that means the club will continue moving in the right direction if the next appointment is right.

I don't think anyone here knows how pay outs to sacked managers works. The severance package is likely to be very different to their normal wage, and also dependent on being out of work. Puel & Pellegrino being employed so soon will have mitigated our payments. Hughes, well, he might be something different as not sure whether he will find a job again so easily. But why not offset the payments we received from Everton and Spurs and put those towards the severance packages of others.

Thats probably spot on.

Starting to read that some fans think he will be off if he turns us around into a top 10 club.

Too right and that means the club will continue moving in the right direction if the next appointment is right.

Indeed, it will be great if he is coveted by the top sides. Providing he joins in the first place of course......

Thats probably spot on.

Yep that's the ticket.

Find a decent manager and make a tidy profit if/when he leaves.

Rather than spending out 15-20m on **** managers

Our transfer budget is seemingly tight so we simply can't just keep paying out managers (& support staff) ever 9-12 months.

False economy and the legacy of Les

Considering the amount we have to pay when we sack them, this is kind of understandable.

How much do we have to pay?? Genuine question. There seems to be a perceived wisdom that we have to pay up the remaining term of their contract, whereas I doubt that is ever the case. Reason one is both Puel and MoP found jobs quite quickly. Second reason is none of us know what compensation is written in to the contract - it might me a set amount or one year's money.

Happy to corrected by thosewho know better.

I am for once really impressed how quickly we have got this done. I am also looking forward to the high tempo high pressing style, love watching teams that do this. Bet the players are either really excited on ****ting one about the fitness..

How much do we have to pay?? Genuine question. There seems to be a perceived wisdom that we have to pay up the remaining term of their contract, whereas I doubt that is ever the case. Reason one is both Puel and MoP found jobs quite quickly. Second reason is none of us know what compensation is written in to the contract - it might me a set amount or one year's money.

Happy to corrected by thosewho know better.

would say you are about right

I'm feeling cautious optimism about this. Hopefully he's a Poccettino Mk2 rather than A Pellegrino Mk2.

Now we need the right DoF to work with him. Think getting Mitchell back would be brilliant but will not be straightforward. He's currently in a job.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

"As soon as we met, Ralph's enthusiasm for football was contagious," said Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

"His hunger to take on a new and challenging job in the Premier League was evident. In our discussions, he quickly aligned himself with the values and the vision of the club."

He is Hungry...now we need players with the same hunger.

Good move.

Assume he will be adding his own coach at a later stage, otherwise thats a bit odd.

I think you're raising the same point as I was going to raise? But to be sure ... the official statement on the OS makes no mention of the fella mentioned elsewhere (name escapes me right now) who would be the Asst Mgr. Just "will be supported by Kel Davis et al.." This guy was just 29 and a defender. Would be good to get confirmation he IS coming too.

Adam Blackmore has just said he will bring in his own staff shortly {only one though}

I guess how many do you need?

Assistant ??

Coach Kelvin Davis

Gk Coach Dave Watson

Sports Science Alex Gross

Davis and Watson aren't linked to the manager, hence why they weren't sacked with Hughes, so expect one to come in to assist RH

"As soon as we met, Ralph's enthusiasm for football was contagious," said Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

"His hunger to take on a new and challenging job in the Premier League was evident. In our discussions, he quickly aligned himself with the values and the vision of the club."

He is Hungry...now we need players with the same hunger.

Austin probably has the most hunger out of all the squad...

I guess how many do you need?

Assistant ??

Coach Kelvin Davis

Gk Coach Dave Watson

Sports Science Alex Gross

Davis and Watson aren't linked to the manager, hence why they weren't sacked with Hughes, so expect one to come in to assist RH

also a bit different from what we've had in the past as this guy is a training pitch coach/manager rather than let the coaches get on with it like

hughes and puel etc

Great news! Good to see the club acting in a decisive and positive fashion.

I was supportive of Hughes getting a contract in the summer but this turned out to be a mistake. From what I’ve read about Hasenhüttl I’m very hopeful that he is just the man to get us back on track. The future seems a lot brighter all of a sudden.