Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

@JWTelegraph: Exclusive: Ralph Hasenhuttl is Southampton's preferred choice to replace Mark Hughes. Club hoping to appoint ahead of Cardiff game on Saturday. Kelvin Davies in charge against Spurs on Wednesday.

I saw Steve tweet out that apparently our DoF is lined up as well? Any chance it's Mitchell?? (Didn't they work together at RB Leipzig?)

Simon Peach @SimonPeach

2m

Paul Mitchell’s return as director of football & Ralph Hasenhuttl becoming manager would be a move in the right direction. Somebody mentioned it to me last night but sounded too shrewd to be true

Haha.

"too shrewd" for Ralph the Waffle and Gao-ing Nowhere.

Simon Peach @SimonPeach

2m

Paul Mitchell’s return as director of football & Ralph Hasenhuttl becoming manager would be a move in the right direction. Somebody mentioned it to me last night but sounded too shrewd to be true

It does indeed sound too good to be true. I'll admit to never having heard of Hasenhuttl until 15 minutes ago but his track record looks good and of course Mitchell seemed to do well for us previously and at other clubs since.

Simon Peach @SimonPeach

2m

Would be fantastic.

But too good to be true sadly

Simon Peach @SimonPeach

2m

That would be an exciting prospect.. Hasenhuttl well thought of and did very well at Leipzig who have a focus on youth as we know.. Lookman did really well there after initially looking as though he would be kicking his heels at Everton.

German friends of mins say his football is attack minded and good to watch.

Mitcheel we of course know and love, and he knows us tooo!

This guy and Mitchell sounds too good to be true to be honest.

The cynic in me says club PR, the old 'oh we tried to get him but.....' and then settling for someone average.

For goodness cheer up chum, we've got rid of Reed & Hughes as everyone wanted so let's believe in a different future where these things become possibilities rather than day-dreams.

SSN saying Pearson open to talking to us with Moyes also interested.

Excellent way of getting their Sky Bet accounts boosted.

No chance will the club plump for those names.

Yeah, what a joke. Our sources understand that unemployed managers with some Prem experience are keen on getting another job.

Top, top, top story.

My sources tell me Phil Brown and Joe Kinnear are also interested. It's stonewall, nailed-on, to be fair.

Sources in Germany confirm Ralph Hasehuttl will be the new Saints FC manager. First game Cardiff City away.

Quality job.

Yep all over Twitter. Been told he’s at St Mary’s today.

Poor old Kelvin will take the hit Wednesday.

I don't know anything about him but can't say I'm particularly thrilled by his record. Remember a couple of years ago when we were being linked with Pellegrini, Manchini and Benitez?

His record looks pretty impressive to me, took a nothing club in Aalen to the German 2nd division, then took another provincial German club in Ingolstadt to the top league for the first time in their history, and then kept them up, then took RB Leipzig to 2nd in the Bundesliga after promotion and then got them to 6th last season, only 2 points off Champions league. Yes Leipzig had lots of investment from Red Bull but still, his performance with Ingolstadt is pretty similar to say Howe getting Bournmouth promoted and keeping them up and his performance at Leipzig is akin to taking say Wolves this season to the Champions league places.

His record looks pretty impressive to me, took a nothing club in Aalen to the German 2nd division, then took another provincial German club in Ingolstadt to the top league for the first time in their history, and then kept them up, then took RB Leipzig to 2nd in the Bundesliga after promotion and then got them to 6th last season, only 2 points off Champions league. Yes Leipzig had lots of investment from Red Bull but still, his performance with Ingolstadt is pretty similar to say Howe getting Bournmouth promoted and keeping them up and his performance at Leipzig is akin to taking say Wolves this season to the Champions league places.

With the caveat that Leipzig had finished 2nd the season before they finished 6th, so a bit of a regression. But yes, generally promising

With the caveat that Leipzig had finished 2nd the season before they finished 6th, so a bit of a regression. But yes, generally promising

A little bit yes but let's hope he was learned a few lessons there, also from what I have read it more seemed to be that they weren't 100% committed to giving him a longer contract when he only had a year on his deal and we wanted a longer to commitment to keep building, so not really a sacking and also shows he is potentially a 'project' manager and we might be able to keep him for a bit.

I'd also presume that if we are getting him and Mitchell the board must have promised some investment, his team at Leipzig was built on a decent amount of spend (though not PL levels) and his team had a lot of pace going forward which we simply lack.

Yep all over Twitter. Been told he’s at St Mary’s today.

Poor old Kelvin will take the hit Wednesday.

My concern is that Saints never complete the obvious deal, there's often a media smokescreen and we end up with something else*.

*inferior

Edited by Badger