Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

Thank goodness for that. Hopefully no more 50% of passes made in our half whilst inviting the opposition to sit back in numbers and snuff us out then hitting us on the break. Hopefully it will be what it says on the tin. Lose the ball, swarm in and get it back in 10 secs and get it forward quickly. Get the overload quickly. that's my type of football. Man City keep the ball but win it back quickly but last night they didn't half look vulnerable with Watford swarming all over them and getting the ball in quickly forcing City to defend desperately for the last ten minutes.

I think there are going to be some falling by the wayside. I can see the press being in your face not Wenger style, float about ten yards from the opponent. Davis and JWP in particular being poor tacklers and pressers could be the first.

What is the payment when we sack them? I read in one paper that it was £6m for Hughes, but I highly highly doubt that, as that will be the amount he might have earned over the length of his entire contract (presumption). There will be clauses in contracts that mitigate payments and are no doubt attached to performances.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this every time someone bangs on about the amount of compensation we have to pay every time we sack a manager like it's a given they get the full value of their contract.

Thank goodness for that. Hopefully no more 50% of passes made in our half whilst inviting the opposition to sit back in numbers and snuff us out then hitting us on the break. Hopefully it will be what it says on the tin. Lose the ball, swarm in and get it back in 10 secs and get it forward quickly. Get the overload quickly. that's my type of football. Man City keep the ball but win it back quickly but last night they didn't half look vulnerable with Watford swarming all over them and getting the ball in quickly forcing City to defend desperately for the last ten minutes.

I think there are going to be some falling by the wayside. I can see the press being in your face not Wenger style, float about ten yards from the opponent. Davis and JWP in particular being poor tacklers and pressers could be the first.

All very good and all very laudable, but saying it and doing it are two completely different things. I would love to see it but you have to have the players that are both technically and physically capable of doing it. It wont just happen because that's what he wants to do - let's face it CA is not in this team and there are others who might struggle with it as well. If we over-commit pressing high, leave the midfield vacant, then teams will break on us and with our 'defence' we could find ourselves in big trouble.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the attractive, high press, lots of goals type football and games - but I think it will be more a work in progress as opposed to an overnight change.

Edited by Micky

Let’s hope we can keep him longer than 18 months
Depends how long Klopp lasts.

Seriously, the problem is if he's bad, we'll sack him and if he's good he'll get poached.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Depends how long Klopp lasts.

Seriously, the problem is if he's bad, we'll sack him and if he's good he'll get poached.

Yes, that's the way it is, but if he gets poached it will mean we've had a good spell and he will leave us in a stronger position than when he arrived. So it is sad football has got like this but it is a win/win situation if he's good which is better than the lose/lose situation under the last three misfits

This time can we not let the big 6 bully us around, gift them our managers and players and end up back where we are now.

Or it'll all be a pointless exercise.

You know that's impossible, don't you?

Look at the whole VVD disaster, should've shipped him out soon as he wasn't happy. You CANNOT keep players if a top 6 club comes sniffing.

This time can we not let the big 6 bully us around, gift them our managers and players and end up back where we are now.

This time can we learn to accept that there's very little we can do about the bigger clubs bullying us and just enjoy it

The law of the jungle has existed in all walks of life since day dot; the structures in football are the problem, not the club itself

Interesting.

@AdamBlackmore: A titbit or two on #saintsfc boss Ralph Hasenhuttl

Was described to me as a football obsessive who works 8am-8pm

He watched Cardiff & 3 other games in England last weekend

When Saints first asked about him they were told by 4 different people they wouldn’t get him

One article I read about him, apparently between jobs he was in the alps with his binoculars spying on other top club's training camps like Dortmund etc, so he could learn new training methods etc., also went to World Cup training camps to watch like the German national tram train etc. seems a bit of a football nut.

Very interesting that he watched Cardiff, the team we are due to play and his first game, shows he was probably close to being in place before the weekend I reckon.

I think Hughes was basically sacked from the Fulham game and they have been lining this guy up over the last few weeks.

One article I read about him, apparently between jobs he was in the alps with his binoculars spying on other top club's training camps like Dortmund etc, so he could learn new training methods etc., also went to World Cup training camps to watch like the German national tram train etc. seems a bit of a football nut.

Very interesting that he watched Cardiff, the team we are due to play and his first game, shows he was probably close to being in place before the weekend I reckon.

I think Hughes was basically sacked from the Fulham game and they have been lining this guy up over the last few weeks.

Agree. That's when the decision was made & I don't think the next 2 results mattered.

First the players and manager have to become good enough for the big six to actually want them..

The new guy looks good on paper but I think its a bit early to worry about him being poached already.

You know that's impossible, don't you?

Look at the whole VVD disaster, should've shipped him out soon as he wasn't happy. You CANNOT keep players if a top 6 club comes sniffing.

You can if you face up to him. In VVDs case the Board let him dictate his position. Four or five games in the stiffs would have made him have second thoughts. Use Employment Law like any other sensible employer does. He signed a contract. He reneged on it and got away with it.

I hope training camps is the only thing he likes to spy on with binoculars it would be pretty embarrassing to have the new manager caught in some bushes in a back garden in Shirley....

Edited by doddisalegend

You can if you face up to him. In VVDs case the Board let him dictate his position. Four or five games in the stiffs would have made him have second thoughts. Use Employment Law like any other sensible employer does. He signed a contract. He reneged on it and got away with it.

So you'd rather stick an unhappy player in the reserves, pay him millions over his contract and see him walk for free at the end of it, just because of principles? That is the worst business sense ever.

I'd rather take the £75 million and move on.

Sounds like he should get us back on track.

morgan schneiderlin keeps liking recent Saints posts. :suspicious:

MS has done nothing since he left us. He probably regrets leaving now. good to know he still follows us, but have him back? No thank you, those days are gone. The only 'returns' I remember as a success were Don Roper back from Arsenal (50s) and Mick Channon back from Man City (80s)

Not every player is as unprofessional as VVD, Mahrez was basically leaving Leicester for 2 years but still played his heart for them.

As did MS after he got over his little tantrum and was told he'd go the next year.

Harry Maguire has not had a fit for not leaving Leicester either

"As soon as we met, Ralph's enthusiasm for football was contagious," said Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

"His hunger to take on a new and challenging job in the Premier League was evident. In our discussions, he quickly aligned himself with the values and the vision of the club."

He is Hungry...now we need players with the same hunger.

If Ralph H's training and tactics are even half as good as Ralph K's bullsh8 we really should be getting somewhere.

Harry Maguire has not had a fit for not leaving Leicester either

The VVD situation was fairly unique and no doubt milked by Les Reed to manipulate the idiot fanbase.

Fear. Fear. Fear

Helped with his agenda to sell anyone decent and anyone Liverpool wanted.

He sure did, well done sir.

A deserved pat on the back to the board as well for not going for the obvious choices and instead doing their homework and coming up with someone who plays the type of game that has given us the mist success in the past.

Sounds like he should get us back on track.

Well not many people would have predicted they would have been as bad as they were.

------------------------------

Coutinho also played well for pool before leaving for Barca after being denied the move in the summer.

Like I said VVD is a c*nt, not every player hankering for a move just gives up, sulks and plays as crap as he did.

For who? Manchester United? :lol: Hardly the super power anymore.

I expect if Liverpool or Man City came in for him, he would've kicked up more of a fuss.

An embarrassment of a post. What have Liverpool won in the last 5 years? Nothing.

United? FA cup, League Cup and Europa League. Players want to win trophies.

An embarrassment of a post. What have Liverpool won in the last 5 years? Nothing.

I think you may be on the wrong forum. This is about Saints

Who have you got more chance of winning things with now? Man United or Liverpool? Who do you have more chance of qualifying to Champions league with this season? Man United or Liverpool. Not all of us are stuck in past and see what's happening now.

If I was a player, I wouldn't touch Jose's united with yours.

Anyway this has nothing to do with Saints. Love and light

Edited by Cabbage_Face