Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

get your half season tickets now as will be flying off the shelves when this emerging talent gets us flying

There is a half of me wondering if the name dropping in the press is just a grab for ticket sales by dangling some interesting names for the managers job before the club just unveils Pardew or Moyes...following saints the last few seasons has got me becoming a bit of untrusting cynic...all smells a bit Promes..

Excellent if true, wanted him or Smichit. He would need a bit of time to teach our players the pressing style and to get the players fitness levels up, Austin won't know what's hit him lol

"Right, Charlie, I want you to chase that guy with the ball"

"But, boss, he's just going to pass it back to him"

"Well, then I want you to chase after him, too"

"But he'll just give it back to the first guy"

"And then you chase after him again"

"But boss, I'll be fooked & out for the season after that"

"Every cloud, Charlie, every cloud..."

So Guan mentioned that RH started to get cold feet and we're talking about a manager who admitted he was on the next Arsenal manager shortlist as well as being denied the opportunity to speak with Bayern Munich when he was at Red Bull Leipzig. So, if we were to tempt him round to accepting a job which let's be honest is risky role - we must have promised him funds in January which goes against what the other Ralph has said previously.. Could this be the new ownership taking their own risk and funding RH in Jan in an attempt to keep us up and their latest asset profitable? Or am I being too optimistic?

We are to Leipzig (and Celtic a bit) what Liverpool are to us

Leipzig are a great example of how ambition beats tradition and history.

During our rise we had fans and club management talking about a ceiling and how its impossible it is to break up the top 6.

Leipzig have shown no respect for German football tradition and have forced there way into the elite. They were only founded in 2009 and they have not been popular with traditionalists but are now making waves in Europe and the German league.

They have not done this by being Man City and spunking money all over the place either. Good recruitment, good management and ambition.

A club we should look to mirror - under reed we showed far too much respect for the established elite and bent over for them (Liverpool) as soon as they asked.

Get Ralph and Mitchell and we could return to where we were when Nicola left - only this time kick on further..... here's hoping, and HUGE amounts of work to be done

Leipzig have shown no respect for German football tradition and have forced there way into the elite. They were only founded in 2009 and they have not been popular with traditionalists but are now making waves in Europe and the German league.

They have not done this by being Man City and spunking money all over the place either. Good recruitment, good management and ambition.

Agree, although I think the disdain for RB Leipzig in Germany is because of the Red Bull link. Not necessarily because they are new kids on the block upsetting the big clubs (though no doubt they get more scrutiny from certain people because of it), but more because it feels like a corporate project rather than a community club.

Not saying they're right, and as you point out it would be much worse if they did it by outspending everyone else like City have (the lack of denunciation they receive for that still boggles me).

During our rise we had fans and club management talking about a ceiling and how its impossible it is to break up the top 6.

A club we should look to mirror - under reed we showed far too much respect for the established elite and bent over for them (Liverpool) as soon as they asked.

Get Ralph and Mitchell and we could return to where we were when Nicola left - only this time kick on further..... here's hoping, and HUGE amounts of work to be done

To be fair, a significant part of our current troubles can be traced back to the stink VvD created when we pushed back at Liverpool.

When teams have cheated and convinced a player to turn against his own team, you're ****ed whichever way you decide to go.

RBL's recruitment with Hasenhüttl and Paul Mitchell has mirrored ours to a certain extent when we were digging out gems seemingly at will. If we can start doing something like that again, I think we'd all enjoy that.

RBL's recruitment with Hasenhüttl and Paul Mitchell has mirrored ours to a certain extent when we were digging out gems seemingly at will. If we can start doing something like that again, I think we'd all enjoy that.

100%, IF we all now recognise the model this fits into. If we all accept that we'll attract talent like this, on the promise and understanding they'll be allowed to move on when a big money offer comes in, we can all enjoy it while it happens. If we expect some sort of loyalty and then get the hump when the player moves on, it'll be no fun at all.

So Guan mentioned that RH started to get cold feet and we're talking about a manager who admitted he was on the next Arsenal manager shortlist as well as being denied the opportunity to speak with Bayern Munich when he was at Red Bull Leipzig. So, if we were to tempt him round to accepting a job which let's be honest is risky role - we must have promised him funds in January which goes against what the other Ralph has said previously.. Could this be the new ownership taking their own risk and funding RH in Jan in an attempt to keep us up and their latest asset profitable? Or am I being too optimistic?

I can't imagine a guy linked with top jobs, only being out of work for like 4-5 months coming to us unless he was promised some funds to strengthen in January. Similar if we are getting Mitchell as well.

I doubt it's a huge transfer kitty, but probably enough for 2 players I reckon, maybe £30-40 million.

If you don`t think we will do the exactly the same thing whoever is in charge then you are deluded.... OH!

To be fair, a significant part of our current troubles can be traced back to the stink VvD created when we pushed back at Liverpool.

When teams have cheated and convinced a player to turn against his own team, you're ****ed whichever way you decide to go.

VVD is a ****. But you cant blame his for wanting out - it was clear we were on a heavy decline.

Under Nic we have very few players wanting out - they could see we were trying to build something and they seemed on board for a unique journey.

That all changed when Nic left and the ambition tone changed dramatically.

Hoping we can return to those days when players want to be part of something, rather than simply here for e pay packet and opportunity to step up as soon as possible.

VVD is a ****. But you cant blame his for wanting out - it was clear we were on a heavy decline.

Under Nic we have very few players wanting out - they could see we were trying to build something and they seemed on board for a unique journey.

That all changed when Nic left and the ambition tone changed dramatically.

Hoping we can return to those days when players want to be part of something, rather than simply here for e pay packet and opportunity to step up as soon as possible.

Nic did so well at keeping players, didnt he.

Indeed. Our troubles really seemed to start when we dug our heels in and VVD sucked for half a year.

Our troubles started when Reed and Fonte fell out and the club (as at management level) lost the dressing room.

Did Krueger say we would definately not be spending in January? I got the impression that he said that he didn't think that we needed to because they were happy with the depth of the "roster." That isn't saying that in any given set of circumstances, they definately wouldn't spend.

Sky just said he would be interested in the job but then went on to say their sources indicated he may wait until the summer before choosing his next job. Duck knows...

So he may be our manager or he may not.... top work from sky again.

Personally sounds too good to be true, so I’m thinking it is... expecting Flores myself

Sky just said he would be interested in the job but then went on to say their sources indicated he may wait until the summer before choosing his next job. Duck knows...

Both the club and him playing games?

First up a feeder goes out that Floures is taking over to push him for an answer and now he is saying I’ll wait till the summer for a pay rise.

IMHO I think we are not getting him.

Both the club and him playing games?

First up a feeder goes out that Floures is taking over to push him for an answer and now he is saying I’ll wait till the summer for a pay rise.

IMHO I think we are not getting him.

Yep, all filler stuff from them. Wilson seemed confident but then again he is club fed

Oh I can see the Telegraph article with the club pet jurno now "yeah Ralph really wants the job but the timing isn't quite right. He has promised he will come in the summer (honest) and Kelvin has agreed to take the reins until then"....

meh- Sky most likely causing drama so they can make money through Sky Bet!

Sky also said we are talking to Pearson, Shakespere and Moyes.

Wouldn't worry

I think I can see how this plays out...

SFC: "We've sacked Mark Hughes"

SSN: "Hello, is that David Moyes? We've just found out that Hughes has been sacked at Saints. Would you be interested in taking the job?"

DM: "Well it's the first I've heard of it but yeah, I would be interested in talking to them if they approach me"

SSN headline - "David Moyes interested in SFC managerial vacancy"

Sky bet: "Oh look, loads of idiots have just placed bets on David Moyes to be the next Saints manager. Kerchinnnnggg!"

I think I can see how this plays out...

SFC: "We've sacked Mark Hughes"

SSN: "Hello, is that David Moyes? We've just found out that Hughes has been sacked at Saints. Would you be interested in taking the job?"

DM: "Well it's the first I've heard of it but yeah, I would be interested in talking to them if they approach me"

SSN headline - "David Moyes interested in SFC managerial vacancy"

Sky bet: "Oh look, loads of idiots have just placed bets on David Moyes to be the next Saints manager. Kerchinnnnggg!"

I suspect it's a lot more basic than that. It's likely the agent of each unemployed manager just starts contacting any media outlet willing to listen, to make sure people remember their client still exists.

Telegraph journo is club fed, this story makes us seem a bit more savvy and ambitious aiming for this sort of manager... For us only to be denied despite our "best efforts" leading to Flores...

Almost Third Reich levels of propaganda?

The Telegraph was Les Reed fed.

Excellent if true, wanted him or Smichit. He would need a bit of time to teach our players the pressing style and to get the players fitness levels up, Austin won't know what's hit him lol

Not too sure about Manager but “Smichit” sounds like he’d fit in perfectly with our current strikers.

100%, IF we all now recognise the model this fits into. If we all accept that we'll attract talent like this, on the promise and understanding they'll be allowed to move on when a big money offer comes in, we can all enjoy it while it happens. If we expect some sort of loyalty and then get the hump when the player moves on, it'll be no fun at all.

Spot on

Interesting little video on the tactics he used at Leibzig

He sounds perfect.....ffs

We lack the pace he requires but 2 from Lemina, Hoj and Rom would suit the 2 man pivot..

Armstrong would suit the attacking mid role and maybe Mo might look like a player

@JWTelegraph: The Leipzig link between Ralph Hasenhuttl and Paul Mitchell is interesting, but nothing to say there is more to it. Hasenhuttl is available and first choice to succeed Mark Hughes - Mitchell has a good job and, while an option, unlikely to return just now

Now that is a shame.