Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1157

Thread: Ralph Hasenhuttl

I wondered if it was Obafemi, only because Ralph has publicly criticised his attitude in recent past.

He's on the Austria trip.

3. Default

Gotta be Slattery from the 'clues'...?

I have to say I agree with a lot of what Qwertyell says: I expected a bit more speed and fitness from Slattery when he played last season. Not entirely ineffective but disappointing given the earlier stories about his potential. Perhaps he believed them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by manji View Post
    An event from today that I wouldn’t normally bother repeating. A certain player ( let’s say a rising star) returned for training . One of the first things they do is check body fat ratio which is set before they go on holiday. It was slightly over the level.It was immediately reported to Ralph who insists on knowing everything.
    The player was summoned to Ralph’s office and given a severe dressing down. They are very precise ( no shouting or swearing) but you are left in no doubt you are in trouble.
    The player was told he is , at least , going to miss the beginning of the pre-season tour and even worse he was going to be subjected to a daily fitness regime, much feared by the players.
    Ralph is very popular with the staff but everyone is aware if they don’t perform they are in trouble. Apparently he is totally focussed on the clubs success to an OCD level. I only repeat this to show the bed wetters that we have an amazing manager and he means business.
    Armstrong isn't there ?

Next in French goalkeeper. Best I can do I’m afraid. At Staplewood at the moment.
    His morale is low and he’s struggling with Ralph’s tough but fair coaching techniques. Targett staying too.
    How reliable is the information? From the same itk poster.

Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post
    How reliable is the information? From the same itk poster.
    i have no idea, but his Targett comment would suggest he's not 100% spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Could be one of a few. As well as Slattery, you'd probably have expected Ramsay and Johnson to have been in contention, possibly O'Connor too. Blackmore specifically commented on McQueen not being included but I thought he was injured so why the comment? And Armstrong didn't travel due to 'food poisoning' which strikes me as odd. That said, I wouldn't categorise him as a 'rising star'.

Sorry, just to add Reed and Hesketh are the other contenders, but imagine they're not in Austria due to being deemed surplus and imminently moving on along with some of the other bigger names left behind (Classie, Austin, Gallagher, Lemina and Carrillo)
    Last edited by Chewy; 09-07-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Missed out Gallagher and miss-typed Classie as classic (how ironic ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Sorry, just to add Reed and Hesketh are the other contenders, but imagine they're not in Austria due to being deemed surplus and imminently moving on along with some of the other bigger names left behind (Classie, Austin, Gallagher, Lemina and Carrillo)
    I know he won't be here much longer, but any chance you could type Clasie, rather than Classie? Ta. You're normally accurate, so take it you have a blind spot over the word.

As to the fat player; how much overweight was he? Slattery was never carrying any weight and he is only 18 or 19 still, isn't he?

11. Default

Without Ralph I'd be dreading next season and expecting another inevitable relegation struggle.

But with RH we have a real chance of something sweet. A top 10 finish again even!?

Just hope we get him the mix he needs over the summer.

Get this club heading in the right direction again. COYR

Blog Entries

Squad is light for midfielders, even accounting for Armstrong.

Would love to think we could achieve a top 10 finish this coming season, but I didn’t see such a significant step up in results to be honest...yes an improvement but not to that degree. Without making a clear improvement in our central defence I can see another lower half finish. Remember, our new additions are not tested at Prem level and other teams will improve too, so there’s not a great deal to get really excited about just yet...cautious optimism at best.��

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    My guess - Slattery?
    Slattery is a complete tit. Everything that’s wrong with a modern day footballer.

A cracking player with a terrible attitude (from what I’ve seen of him outside of the club). He’ll be off as soon as the opportunity arises.

Stupid Slattery. But his attitude off the field is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Default

Nice to see that Slattery has been hung drawn and quartered by the forum Gossip girls.

Who needs confirmation, facts or explanations when the "fans" are happy to bypass and throw as much mud as possible.

Join the queue Slattery..... Get behind Austin, Lemina, Forster for a SWF beating

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nice to see that Slattery has been hung drawn and quartered by the forum Gossip girls.

Who needs confirmation, facts or explanations when the "fans" are happy to bypass and throw as much mud as possible.

Join the queue Slattery..... Get behind Austin, Lemina, Forster for a SWF beating
    Exactly - these fans are everything that's wrong with modern day football.

I completely agree with you .....

19. Default

Jesus, 2 Heisen-posts in 2 days I’ve agreed with. Is it all the sun they got in Glasgow recently a factor?

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Jesus, 2 Heisen-posts in 2 days I’ve agreed with. Is it all the sun they got in Glasgow recently a factor?
    He’s been hacked. Obvs.

Just on another tangent away from slating people based on rumours..... yes yes I know thats what we all do.

I wonder what type of yoga Ralph does ? Probably improves his mindfulness and I saw an article the other day that the Merc F1 team are doing mediation as well to improve their performance.

Maybe we can see yoga or meditation become part of the daily training ?

Given how much everyone is wedded to their phones nowadays, 45mins being quiet and alone with their thoughts might scare some of our guys.

Always makes me a bit sad when a player is criticised for an alleged attitude problem when no one has any idea or clue what the player is actually like. Of course we're entitled to an opinion on their performance, level of skill, stamina etc - basically anything that happens on the pitch but outside of that and it's just guesswork. Add that to the double-think scenario where player A is slagged off for supposedly wanting to leave and player B is slagged off for wanting to sit on his contract and not move and it's just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Stupid Slattery. But his attitude off the field is poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You base that opinion on what? The lad spent a fortnight before pre season working his nuts off at golden ring to get ready for pre season. That's a great attitude imo.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Maybe it's something to do with the recent forum upgrade?

It's based on the post from SKD. Cabbage Face has had never had any original insight or ITK information.

Good article that, can't fault Ralph's enthusiasm.

Also confirms the trip to China is a waste of time, going for as short as possible and just taking a handful of first team players. Makes sense, experience will be good for youngsters and first team can concentrate on fitness at the Ireland training camp.

27. Default

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-de...pton-drifting/

"Ralph Hasenhuttl’s clear messaging has finally stopped Southampton drifting"

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-de...pton-drifting/

"Ralph Hasenhuttl’s clear messaging has finally stopped Southampton drifting"
    Great article, thanks for sharing........

Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    Just on another tangent away from slating people based on rumours..... yes yes I know thats what we all do.

I wonder what type of yoga Ralph does ? Probably improves his mindfulness and I saw an article the other day that the Merc F1 team are doing mediation as well to improve their performance.

Maybe we can see yoga or meditation become part of the daily training ?

Given how much everyone is wedded to their phones nowadays, 45mins being quiet and alone with their thoughts might scare some of our guys.
    Most of the people locally that I know who practice Yoga and Meditation are raving nutters and nervous wrecks!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Most of the people locally that I know who practice Yoga and Meditation are raving nutters and nervous wrecks!
    Imagine how much worse they'd be if they didn't practice Yoga and Meditation!

31. Default

Haven't listened to this yet, but there's a 12 minute Ralph interview by Adam Blackmore here:

@solentsport:
    - Summer signings
    - Future transfers
    - Players futures
    - New season preparations

A lot covered when @AdamBlackmore caught up with Southanpton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl #SaintsFC
    https://twitter.com/solentsport/stat...44620637134849

No one listened yet ?

33. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    No one listened yet ?
    I did, it's fine. Didn't say anything particularly interesting.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Didn't ask some particular interesting questions.
    Would have liked to have heard about Boufal's situation. Does he want to see him training before making a decision of whether he wants to keep him?
    When are he and Moussa Djenepo back for pre-season?

Yep I have listened. Not much more to add than was discussed at the fand forum. He clearly wants some more players in, but we need the deadwood out first. In the mean time its wip. I just wonder if frustration will get the better of him if we have not progressed in 10 months

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Fan CaM View Post
    Would love to think we could achieve a top 10 finish this coming season, but I didn’t see such a significant step up in results to be honest...yes an improvement but not to that degree. Without making a clear improvement in our central defence I can see another lower half finish. Remember, our new additions are not tested at Prem level and other teams will improve too, so there’s not a great deal to get really excited about just yet...cautious optimism at best.��
    I'm much encouraged by our attacking options this year, but worrying about possible defensive errors again, an area that does not seem to have been strengthened since last season. Still, games will be exciting again.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by TWar View Post
    I did, it's fine. Didn't say anything particularly interesting.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
    What about the bit where he claimed the moon landings were fake?

Quote Originally Posted by revolution saint View Post
    Always makes me a bit sad when a player is criticised for an alleged attitude problem when no one has any idea or clue what the player is actually like. Of course we're entitled to an opinion on their performance, level of skill, stamina etc - basically anything that happens on the pitch but outside of that and it's just guesswork. Add that to the double-think scenario where player A is slagged off for supposedly wanting to leave and player B is slagged off for wanting to sit on his contract and not move and it's just bizarre.
    Well said

39. Default

"We will never buy players for 30-40m"

Bit disappointing. When he said he wouldn't buy for 40-50m before I thought that was probably fair but you'd hope if the right player was available for 30m we could be in for them eg. Phillips of Leeds. After all, clubs like Newcastle, West Ham, Leceister, Everton can spend that plus the top 6. We don't want to be fundamentally be forced to always be in the bottom half of the table max-spending wise.

Bit disappointing. When he said he wouldn't buy for 40-50m before I thought that was probably fair but you'd hope if the right player was available for 30m we could be in for them eg. Phillips of Leeds. After all, clubs like Newcastle, West Ham, Leceister, Everton can spend that plus the top 6. We don't want to be fundamentally be forced to always be in the bottom half of the table max-spending wise.
    The owner's ambitions extend to us scraping survival so he can park some cash here and boost his reputation in China. It's not surprising.

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    The owner's ambitions extend to us scraping survival so he can park some cash here and boost his reputation in China. It's not surprising.
    'The Chinese Mike Ashley' ?

And what have Newcastle, West Ham and Everton won by spending this...………….Nothing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Makes perfect business sense. I remember saying some years ago, if you could guarantee survival ie 17th every year with the minimum outlay, then it would make good business sense.

It would cost a fortune to compete in the top half of the league and probably result in a budget deficit. You need a rich owner to do that. Alternatively, you keep selling the best players every year, which works well if you consistently unearth some hidden gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    Makes perfect business sense. I remember saying some years ago, if you could guarantee survival ie 17th every year with the minimum outlay, then it would make good business sense.

It would cost a fortune to compete in the top half of the league and probably result in a budget deficit. You need a rich owner to do that. Alternatively, you keep selling the best players every year, which works well if you consistently unearth some hidden gems.
    Totally disagree.
    Good management and hard working players with a promising youth academy can get you into the top 10.
    We finally have 90% of that and I would be disappointed if we finished anywhere near 17th.

I despair of Saints fans who still don't understand the Saints business model.

We develop our own players and/or buy young players with potential, who we accept we'll sell on, hopefully at a profit, when they're ready to move on.

We don't buy into the media/agent hyped myth that simply spending more on players has merit in itself. It amazes me how gullible fans can be. The "values" put on some players are ridiculous.

How much did Fulham spend last season? What good did it do them? I seem to recall that Spurs spent nothing, finished top four and reached a European final.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

With Potch, Koeman, and Puel we finished in the top 8 four seasons running, and without spending £20 million on a player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    With Potch, Koeman, and Puel we finished in the top 8 four seasons running, and without spending £20 million on a player.
    Come on, in today’s terms and taking account of inflation, some of the fees we paid would be considerably higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post

We develop our own players and/or buy young players with potential, who we accept we'll sell on, hopefully at a profit, when they're ready to move on.

We don't buy into the media/agent hyped myth that simply spending more on players has merit in itself. It amazes me how gullible fans can be. The "values" put on some players are ridiculous.

How much did Fulham spend last season? What good did it do them? I seem to recall that Spurs spent nothing, finished top four and reached a European final.

Ralph said as much in a press conference at the tail end of last year, if you are accepting of that strategy then as a fan you are willing to accept enjoying the performance of a player while they are with us. Unfortunately recently acquisitions to do a Mane have been more buy and hope rather than a considered purchase. When you factor in the last 3 managers before Ralph, 2 were relatively unknown and the last a bit of a Dinosaur, possibly the management were unable to or unwilling to buy into the club philosophy, just managing players rather than improving them into a viable commodity to contribute to the underlaying business strategy of the club to survive in the Mickey Mouse money world of the Premier League.
    The wrongly maligned (in some quarters on here) Sir Clive Woodward had a system called “one percenters” which was to improve a players performance by 1% during each training session, that system won a Rugby World Cup, that same training system was applied by the England ODI Cricket team over the past 4 years. Claude May have had that in him - but the players weren’t buying into it or him (anyone stood on the terrace in Prague watching us fumble along and watching CP tearing his hair out as they repeatedly ignored him would have noted that) MoPe just developed us into a team of poor defenders, Hughes just tried to manage in world that had moved on beyond his skill set. With Ralph’s press conference comments last season we seem to be heading back towards a course to buy, develop, and sell on at a stonking profit. Hopefully he is on a percentage.
    One thing is for certain buying in nippers who haven’t been overly polluted with other teams training methods gives him a chance to work with a blank canvas and make the return of the Southampton Way succeed as it did up until the departure of Koeman.
    As a fan if you are accepting, (even reluctantly), of this policy as Ralph seems to be, as long as the production line is churning out players to smear the noses of the big boys across their faces during the season, during their time with us, like we did under, Pochettino and Koeman. If you walk out of the ground with a smile on your face at the final whistle that’s all you basically want as fan.
    Last edited by John Boy Saint; 23-07-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post

Unless you inherit world class academy players, spending money is a necessary but insufficient condition to achieving success. End of.