Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

Fonte on RaHa:

“I spoke with a couple of managers who know him and the references were very, very good,” said Fonte, who is now in France with Ligue 1 high-flyers Lille.

“I expect good things and hope he can turn things around fast. But what I’ve heard is very good, very very good.”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/05/do-southampton-hero-jose-fonte-discloses-what-hes-heard-about-ra/

Fonte on RaHa:

“I spoke with a couple of managers who know him and the references were very, very good,” said Fonte, who is now in France with Ligue 1 high-flyers Lille.

“I expect good things and hope he can turn things around fast. But what I’ve heard is very good, very very good.”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/05/do-southampton-hero-jose-fonte-discloses-what-hes-heard-about-ra/

Get Fonte back. Legend.

The one thing about his RB team, he had a player called Demme, although he had Kieta and or Kampl often they would press constant from midfield and get caught out of position but Demme had this brilliant skill of knowing when to press and more importantly who to press. So when you had Kieta/Kampl and Demme in CM, Kieta or Kampl would launch about like nutters and Demme would just wait for them to fall into his trap. This is needed for RaHa's system.

I wonder if we may see less of the Lemina & Hoj and more or Lemina/Hoj and Rom? Will be interesting.

Fonte on RaHa:

This is the tricky bit. Momentum is strong

Whether he can replicate this ambitious and complicated style of football at a Southampton side who have been playing dire football for over two years now remains to be seen.

His football isn't that complicated, but it defo needs the players. I believe we have the GK, RB, LB, Midfielders and Attackers to work. Biggest issue is CB's.

Look at Vestergaard vs Man Utd for Herrera's goal. Vestergaard's complete inability to get back and mark Herrera in anyway should be something that can be fixed by good coaching. No excuses for that kind of lazy defending. Hopefully RaHa can improve the CBs we already have.

Hoedt on the other hand... :mcinnes:

MS has done nothing since he left us. He probably regrets leaving now. good to know he still follows us, but have him back? No thank you, those days are gone. The only 'returns' I remember as a success were Don Roper back from Arsenal (50s) and Mick Channon back from Man City (80s)

I think if RaHa could get him back on track it would be a v astute piece of business. Even better if Walcott came too...(i know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if RaHa could get him back on track it would be a v astute piece of business. Even better if Walcott came too...(i know)

There's part of me that would love both to come back, but assuming we stay up, signing expensive 29 year old's probably won't be on the agenda.

Fonte on RaHa:

Heard his interview with jim white on talk sport today and he pretty much told him the same thing Jrod told me when I met him in Ibiza and that's when Cortese left us our determination and ambition to be a top 6 team left with him !

Heard his interview with jim white on talk sport today and he pretty much told him the same thing Jrod told me when I met him in Ibiza and that's when Cortese left us our determination and ambition to be a top 6 team left with him !
That was pretty evident.

An embarrassment of a post. What have Liverpool won in the last 5 years? Nothing.

United? FA cup, League Cup and Europa League. Players want to win trophies.

It’s not really an embarrassment though is it. If I was a pro footballer and both UTD and Liverpool came in for me, I would go to Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although not expecting an instant turnaround, I'm quite excited by RaHa (as he seems to be known as here). I don't think we have quite enough pace in the squad to play the fast counter that RB displayed under him at times, but on it's day our midfield can be as good as any outside the top 6. I think Redmond will be key this season, assuming we can sort out our excuse for a defense, with the right coaching.

This is a positive, aggressive (to quote Klopp) aquisition.

COYR !

And yet we still showed enough ambition to appoint Koeman and finished 6th the season after. Weird.

How do you know that he wants to leave?
It was on the radio the commutator said he 100% expects him to move on as he hasn't been picked for key games & hinted that he is after a move

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It was on the radio the commutator said he 100% expects him to move on as he hasn't been picked for key games & hinted that he is after a move

Ah that’s where you went wrong, listening to the commutator.

Wigley, Saggy, and Bassett/Wise was a long time ago, so I don't think they have much bearing on RH's job.

Haha blast from the past there. But actually that makes depressing reading. When Koeman left us we appointed a coach who is a far far inferior manager to all those three listed there. Les Reed, or whoever decided to hire him, should have been fired on the spot for that. It's still costing us now.

Obviously Hughes and Pellegrino were poor too, but RaHa will still be working to undo the damage Puel did to this team. The effects will last an awful long time.

Haha blast from the past there. But actually that makes depressing reading. When Koeman left us we appointed a coach who is a far far inferior manager to all those three listed there. Les Reed, or whoever decided to hire him, should have been fired on the spot for that. It's still costing us now.

Obviously Hughes and Pellegrino were poor too, but RaHa will still be working to undo the damage Puel did to this team. The effects will last an awful long time.

Utterly ridiculous.

Toby audeweirald wants to leave spurs, any chance on earth we could persuade him to come back & be the heart of our defence?

There are people you can talk to if you’re lonely mate, you don’t need to spout nonsense on a forum to get attention.

Not that Toby A has anything to do with RaHa... but Toby's performance levels do seem to be on the decline. Having said that and having watched Utd's defence of late he'd still be an improvement for them.

Ralph needs to get into our defenders minds, 2 lapses in concentration last night cost us dearly. Yoshida from the corner and Stephens when he was appealing for offside (which it clearly wasn't) rather than busting a gut to get back. We looked good going forward and on another night we'd have scored 3.