Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ralph Hasenhuttl

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Zidane?

Club Legend Sparky Hughes surely?

Manchester United will either make or break a manager's career. The last few have all been broken.
    I doubt Hasenhüttl will even be thinking about it. He has a fantastic opportunity to build his reputation here and achieve European football over the next couple of seasons and build his stock.
    He will not, as a relative unknown want to wreck his managerial career by going too big too soon.
    A couple of good seasons at Southampton and he no doubt will go on to bigger and better things but for now he will do a job with us.

I'm more worried about those fu cking spuds. Daniel levvy is a t*t and will surely be looking at us if we do well this season. Surely utd will go for zidane though. A caretaker till the end of the season could be disaster. Are they not aiming for champions league and top 4? Bit weird.

Conte would be my bet.

If Ralph did go to Spurs at the end of the season (no way on Earth he'd get the Utd job on the back of 6 months at Saints) he must have had a heck of a season here to get the job. As in, fighting for Europe by the end of the campaign.

I'd have thought Spurs would be more interested in Howe, Wagner, Santo or Benitez before they came knocking on our door.

Default Ralph Hasenhuttl - Confirmed!

Howe and many others will be wanted before Ralph at spurs....

Ralph has had 2 games and 1 week training and no one else in football will be suggesting him for these jobs bar some loons on here

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Howe and many others will be wanted before Ralph at spurs....

Ralph has had 2 games and 1 week training and no one else in football will be suggesting him for these jobs bar some loons on here
    In fairness, Ralph had a very good reputation in football before he joined us. He’d been touted for pretty much every big job in Germany and by all accounts it was a surprise he came here.

A big if, but 6 good months and we finish mid-table, he’ll be in a very strong position for a role at someone like Spurs.

That being said, if Tottenham need to move this summer I think it’d be Howe.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    In fairness, Ralph had a very good reputation in football before he joined us. He’d been touted for pretty much every big job in Germany and by all accounts it was a surprise he came here.

A big if, but 6 good months and we finish mid-table, he’ll be in a very strong position for a role at someone like Spurs.

That being said, if Tottenham need to move this summer I think it’d be Howe.
    Rumour has it, that he was on Arsenal's radar!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Club Legend Sparky Hughes surely?
    May not be so silly for caretaker till end of season which is what they have said they will appoint.

Poch is 24-1 at Betfair for Utd. Just had a nibble. Solskjar is top. really?

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Don't most betting sites require an interim manager to be there for 10 games for it to count.

12. Default

10 games = considered permanent hence solksjaer odds, and pochettino long odds.

Quote Originally Posted by benali-shorts View Post
    10 games = considered permanent hence solksjaer odds, and pochettino long odds.
    Oh. Drat. I think Poch is feasible not only for the good it might do Utd, but also that it will damage one of their main rivals for top 4. Would also be very funny hearing all their fans bleating about it on Talksport. boo hoo.

14. Default

Watched the highlights on the official site and I have to say I have a huge man crush on him already!

His celebration and then "oops better calm down, calm down Ralph, calm down" was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingeletiss View Post
    Rumour has it, that he was on Arsenal's radar!
    Back in 2016, he talked about the press conjecture that had him as Wenger’s potential successor...

“I have certainly heard of far worse fates than to be lined up as the successor to the longest-serving coach in England...

...I am not interested in such rumours. We don't need to think much about it. I've found my luck here in Leipzig."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-with-arsenal

Oh. Drat. I think Poch is feasible not only for the good it might do Utd, but also that it will damage one of their main rivals for top 4. Would also be very funny hearing all their fans bleating about it on Talksport. boo hoo.
    Poch should take the Utd job, Spurs are pretty much capped out at where they are, Utd massively underachieving and wouldn't take much to get them firing again.

I'd be suprised if Poch didnt take it. Regardless of how ManUtd are placed now they are in the top 5 elite clubs in world football with a massive spending potential and no wage restrictions. Probably only Barcelona or Real Madrid are bigger.

He's done amazing at Saints and Spurs and I think has taken Spurs feasibly as far as he can, especially with the restrictive wage structure they have there.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Poch should take the Utd job, Spurs are pretty much capped out at where they are, Utd massively underachieving and wouldn't take much to get them firing again.
    Exactly, Spurs peaked and still were unable to win the title. Paul Mitchell for all his brilliance has to take some responsibility for that for not signing a top class striker as understudy to Kane, putting too much trust in the youth.
    United "peaking" means winning the treble. So a significant upgrade.

Whilst many will find it amusing Spurs losing Poch to United in the summer, by then there may be a manager who plays pressing football and been a success in the PL that would fit straight in with Spurs squad. We wont be smiling then.

20. Default

Why would Spurs go for RH even if he does show potential for next 6 months?

Surely they'd go for a manager whose proved it over a longer PL period. Like Silva, Howe or even Chris Hughton or Rafael Benítez

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Surely they'd go for a manager whose proved it over a longer PL period. Like Silva, Howe or even Chris Hughton or Rafael Benítez
    You mean like they did with pochettino?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzmeister View Post
    I'd be suprised if Poch didnt take it. Regardless of how ManUtd are placed now they are in the top 5 elite clubs in world football with a massive spending potential and no wage restrictions. Probably only Barcelona or Real Madrid are bigger.

He's done amazing at Saints and Spurs and I think has taken Spurs feasibly as far as he can, especially with the restrictive wage structure they have there.
    Madrid and Barcelona might be bigger in terms of draw for a player, but I'd say Manchester United eclipse both in terms of world profile. Apparently Mourinho, who had been at Madrid previously, was taken aback at the level of scrutiny/interest/coverage United got when they travelled around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

His style of play and culture he brings would fit exactly into place IMO

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Whilst many will find it amusing Spurs losing Poch to United in the summer, by then there may be a manager who plays pressing football and been a success in the PL that would fit straight in with Spurs squad. We wont be smiling then.
    Too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Avenue_Saint View Post
    Too soon
    They may not be interested in him, but the time IMO is irrelevant if he does well for us - they may have been tracking him for a few years. If he does well here over a short time then it would make him even more appealing as it shows he has settled to English football and that his style translates well to PL football.

What more would they want to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Exactly, Spurs peaked and still were unable to win the title. Paul Mitchell for all his brilliance has to take some responsibility for that for not signing a top class striker as understudy to Kane, putting too much trust in the youth.
    United "peaking" means winning the treble. So a significant upgrade.
    Irony alert given Kane was given a chance as a young player.

It looks pretty certain that Ralph is a good fit for the club, the players and the fans!
    Who is the credit due to for the making the correct appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    It looks pretty certain that Ralph is a good fit for the club, the players and the fans!
    Who is the credit due to for the making the correct appointment?
    Good question.
    IMHO it looks like Reed might of been the one holding us back in the last few years with his tame appointments.
    Perhaps Gao might have a football man on his side that might have some ambition for the club?

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Good question.
    IMHO it looks like Reed might of been the one holding us back in the last few years with his tame appointments.
    Perhaps Gao might have a football man on his side that might have some ambition for the club?
    It's a very good question - hard to believe that Ralph K. has identified RH. Who is the person deserving of a very big tick?

Quote Originally Posted by austsaint View Post
    It's a very good question - hard to believe that Ralph K. has identified RH. Who is the person deserving of a very big tick?
    Do you find it hard to believe he couldn’t call on some expertise to draw up a shortlist?

Give the credit when it is due.

The pressure I put on Goa has delivered. Credit to Goa but, more importantly, credit to me.

32. Default

Quote Originally Posted by austsaint View Post
    Who is the person deserving of a very big tick?
    Advocaat alongside Wang Baoshan

33. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Do you find it hard to believe he couldn’t call on some expertise to draw up a shortlist?

Give the credit when it is due.
    It is a bit hard to believe given Kreuger presided over a sinking ship for 2 years while defending the appointment of Pellegrino long after it was credible to do so. However, let's enjoy the Ralph H. era irrespective of whose idea his appointment was.

Was told a v funny story re RH today, about how how he's ignoring what players have achieved in their careers, and basically pretending how he doesnt know anything about them. Won't say who it was regarding but he's clearly giving all players a clear slate and putting an end to any ego's around the place. He's obsessed with football, stats and analysis. The opposite to Mark Hughes who had his favourites, based on nothing but liking the player.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Was told a v funny story re RH today, about how how he's ignoring what players have achieved in their careers, and basically pretending how he doesnt know anything about them. Won't say who it was regarding but he's clearly giving all players a clear slate and putting an end to any ego's around the place. He's obsessed with football, stats and analysis. The opposite to Mark Hughes who had his favourites, based on nothing but liking the player.
    He would of loved Fonte then..... NOT

36. Default

Yes, I think this is evident in his readiness to give the academy players a chance. He's putting it in all their minds that if they show him good things in training and in U23 or even U18 games, he is prepared to promote them if there is a spot available in the squad. It's also saying to the senior players that if they don't pull their weight, whoever they are, there are viable options that he is prepared to use instead.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bertrand's a Champions League winner so that's the obvious one, but he's been injured so I can't see the story regarding him. Lemina perhaps, he's played in the UCL final. Or Cedric, who's dropped out of the team entirely.

Anyhow, great news that the players are being put in their place. I had hoped that a strong character like Hughes would have done so but clearly the opposite occurred.

38. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Bertrand's a Champions League winner so that's the obvious one, but he's been injured so I can't see the story regarding him. Lemina perhaps, he's played in the UCL final. Or Cedric, who's dropped out of the team entirely.

Anyhow, great news that the players are being put in their place. I had hoped that a strong character like Hughes would have done so but clearly the opposite occurred.
    Think it's more Hoedt, Elyounoussi and Gabbiadini..

Quote Originally Posted by GGalpin View Post
    Think it's more Hoedt, Elyounoussi and Gabbiadini..
    Given that thy've seldom featured then that's possible, although if you read original post again:

.... how he's ignoring what players have achieved in their careers, and basically pretending how he doesnt know anything about them. .
    Not sure what "achievements" the three you mentioned have actually had.

Just seen Gabbi in town.
    Miserable git who’s strolling along slowly unless he’s just finished training and is fu.cked.

41. Default

Some managers - Van Gaal and Poch spring to mind, prefer young energetic intelligent players who take on board the manager's system and do what they're told; in lieu of successful but over the hill prima donnas.

I reckon RH is from this school of management, which bodes well for us as he will improve the youngsters, putting a value on them.

Champions League Winner?

43. Default

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Champions League Winner?
    I would have said the story was about a mystery defender that rhymes with "woot".

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    I would have said the story was about a mystery defender that rhymes with "woot".
    The one who’s ability rhymes with ‘height’?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    The one who’s ability rhymes with ‘height’?
    The one who’s less popular than marmite?

Some "fans" showing signs of turning on him already on city match thread
    Doesnt take long for some...

Whats that now...4 league wins outta 8?

Shown our previous two managers how out of touch/depth they were, players always had the ability to be mid table at least.

48. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Whats that now...4 league wins outta 8?

Shown our previous two managers how out of touch/depth they were, players always had the ability to be mid table at least.
    Mental really. Before RH we had just 9 wins in the last 65 league games accross Puel, Pellegrino and Hughes

All 3 also failed to win a single league game against the top 6 clubs + non compensated us with attractive football

RH comes in and beats Arsenal, plays attractive football and gives us 4 wins in 8.

Just shows how bad the other 3 were.

RH >>>>>>

Also, whilst having quite a few injuries/suspensions to key players and giving valuable game time to several youngsters.

Quite amazing really.

The thing with managing players now, it's not just about sticking a few cones out, getting them fit and talking tactics. Managers need to do this, but players need to be inspired by managers, look at Pochettino and Guadiolla, the players love playing for them, it doesn't matter what message you're trying to get across, if you don't inspire them, they won't run through walls. Just ask Mourinho