Ralph Hasenhuttl

SuperSAINT

Rumour has it, that he was on Arsenal's radar!

Back in 2016, he talked about the press conjecture that had him as Wenger’s potential successor...

“I have certainly heard of far worse fates than to be lined up as the successor to the longest-serving coach in England...

...I am not interested in such rumours. We don't need to think much about it. I've found my luck here in Leipzig."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10680517/rb-leipzig-boss-ralph-hasenhuttl-hints-at-contact-with-arsenal

Oh. Drat. I think Poch is feasible not only for the good it might do Utd, but also that it will damage one of their main rivals for top 4. Would also be very funny hearing all their fans bleating about it on Talksport. boo hoo.

Poch should take the Utd job, Spurs are pretty much capped out at where they are, Utd massively underachieving and wouldn't take much to get them firing again.

I'd be suprised if Poch didnt take it. Regardless of how ManUtd are placed now they are in the top 5 elite clubs in world football with a massive spending potential and no wage restrictions. Probably only Barcelona or Real Madrid are bigger.

He's done amazing at Saints and Spurs and I think has taken Spurs feasibly as far as he can, especially with the restrictive wage structure they have there.

Poch should take the Utd job, Spurs are pretty much capped out at where they are, Utd massively underachieving and wouldn't take much to get them firing again.

Exactly, Spurs peaked and still were unable to win the title. Paul Mitchell for all his brilliance has to take some responsibility for that for not signing a top class striker as understudy to Kane, putting too much trust in the youth.

United "peaking" means winning the treble. So a significant upgrade.

I'd be suprised if Poch didnt take it. Regardless of how ManUtd are placed now they are in the top 5 elite clubs in world football with a massive spending potential and no wage restrictions. Probably only Barcelona or Real Madrid are bigger.

He's done amazing at Saints and Spurs and I think has taken Spurs feasibly as far as he can, especially with the restrictive wage structure they have there.

Madrid and Barcelona might be bigger in terms of draw for a player, but I'd say Manchester United eclipse both in terms of world profile. Apparently Mourinho, who had been at Madrid previously, was taken aback at the level of scrutiny/interest/coverage United got when they travelled around the world.

Why would Spurs go for RH even if he does show potential for next 6 months?

Surely they'd go for a manager whose proved it over a longer PL period. Like Silva, Howe or even Chris Hughton or Rafael Benítez

His style of play and culture he brings would fit exactly into place IMO

Too soon
They may not be interested in him, but the time IMO is irrelevant if he does well for us - they may have been tracking him for a few years. If he does well here over a short time then it would make him even more appealing as it shows he has settled to English football and that his style translates well to PL football.

What more would they want to see?

Exactly, Spurs peaked and still were unable to win the title. Paul Mitchell for all his brilliance has to take some responsibility for that for not signing a top class striker as understudy to Kane, putting too much trust in the youth.

United "peaking" means winning the treble. So a significant upgrade.

Irony alert given Kane was given a chance as a young player.

It looks pretty certain that Ralph is a good fit for the club, the players and the fans!

Who is the credit due to for the making the correct appointment?

Good question.

IMHO it looks like Reed might of been the one holding us back in the last few years with his tame appointments.

Perhaps Gao might have a football man on his side that might have some ambition for the club?

Good question.

IMHO it looks like Reed might of been the one holding us back in the last few years with his tame appointments.

Perhaps Gao might have a football man on his side that might have some ambition for the club?

It's a very good question - hard to believe that Ralph K. has identified RH. Who is the person deserving of a very big tick?

It's a very good question - hard to believe that Ralph K. has identified RH. Who is the person deserving of a very big tick?

Do you find it hard to believe he couldn’t call on some expertise to draw up a shortlist?

Give the credit when it is due.

Do you find it hard to believe he couldn’t call on some expertise to draw up a shortlist?

Give the credit when it is due.

It is a bit hard to believe given Kreuger presided over a sinking ship for 2 years while defending the appointment of Pellegrino long after it was credible to do so. However, let's enjoy the Ralph H. era irrespective of whose idea his appointment was.

Was told a v funny story re RH today, about how how he's ignoring what players have achieved in their careers, and basically pretending how he doesnt know anything about them. Won't say who it was regarding but he's clearly giving all players a clear slate and putting an end to any ego's around the place. He's obsessed with football, stats and analysis. The opposite to Mark Hughes who had his favourites, based on nothing but liking the player.

He would of loved Fonte then..... NOT :)

Was told a v funny story re RH today, about how how he's ignoring what players have achieved in their careers, and basically pretending how he doesnt know anything about them. Won't say who it was regarding but he's clearly giving all players a clear slate and putting an end to any ego's around the place. He's obsessed with football, stats and analysis. The opposite to Mark Hughes who had his favourites, based on nothing but liking the player.
Yes, I think this is evident in his readiness to give the academy players a chance. He's putting it in all their minds that if they show him good things in training and in U23 or even U18 games, he is prepared to promote them if there is a spot available in the squad. It's also saying to the senior players that if they don't pull their weight, whoever they are, there are viable options that he is prepared to use instead.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bertrand's a Champions League winner so that's the obvious one, but he's been injured so I can't see the story regarding him. Lemina perhaps, he's played in the UCL final. Or Cedric, who's dropped out of the team entirely.

Anyhow, great news that the players are being put in their place. I had hoped that a strong character like Hughes would have done so but clearly the opposite occurred.

Bertrand's a Champions League winner so that's the obvious one, but he's been injured so I can't see the story regarding him. Lemina perhaps, he's played in the UCL final. Or Cedric, who's dropped out of the team entirely.

Anyhow, great news that the players are being put in their place. I had hoped that a strong character like Hughes would have done so but clearly the opposite occurred.

Think it's more Hoedt, Elyounoussi and Gabbiadini..

Think it's more Hoedt, Elyounoussi and Gabbiadini..

Given that thy've seldom featured then that's possible, although if you read original post again:

.... how he's ignoring what players have achieved in their careers, and basically pretending how he doesnt know anything about them. .

Not sure what "achievements" the three you mentioned have actually had.

Some managers - Van Gaal and Poch spring to mind, prefer young energetic intelligent players who take on board the manager's system and do what they're told; in lieu of successful but over the hill prima donnas.

I reckon RH is from this school of management, which bodes well for us as he will improve the youngsters, putting a value on them.

Champions League Winner?

• 3 weeks later...
Whats that now...4 league wins outta 8?

Shown our previous two managers how out of touch/depth they were, players always had the ability to be mid table at least.

Mental really. Before RH we had just 9 wins in the last 65 league games accross Puel, Pellegrino and Hughes

All 3 also failed to win a single league game against the top 6 clubs + non compensated us with attractive football

RH comes in and beats Arsenal, plays attractive football and gives us 4 wins in 8.

Just shows how bad the other 3 were.

RH >>>>>>

giphy.gif

The thing with managing players now, it's not just about sticking a few cones out, getting them fit and talking tactics. Managers need to do this, but players need to be inspired by managers, look at Pochettino and Guadiolla, the players love playing for them, it doesn't matter what message you're trying to get across, if you don't inspire them, they won't run through walls. Just ask Mourinho

Nothing gets by Ralph. He doesn’t miss a single thing unlike the last three plodders.

It was noticeable in particular about Armstrong who has been 5% short of the other’s but Ralph saw it and JWP jumps ahead of him despite Armstrong’s popularity with a section of the fans.

The only thing that slightly surprised yesterday in my view was that Gallagher made the bench ahead of Austin.

Ralph’s attention to detail is everything you would expect of a Premier League Manager but rarely see in fact except from at the very top of the league.

He doesn’t appear to have favourites either which is again very professional.

10 out of 10. This guy is the business.

Building up fitness?

Or are stomach injuries the new 'mystery back problem in the transfer window'?

How much would we miss him?

That injury will disappear with the closure of the window. Or a move.

Ten days before the next game and Ralph had them in training today. Hughes would have probably given them the week off...

A breath of fresh air this Austrian fella :)

4825c64fffea9e1e399c7c622f1867ad.jpg

Those boys will be like coiled springs by the time we play Palace!!

Judging by the transformation we have all seen on the pitch, they are more than likely to be lapping it all up, and being athletes more than happy to be fitter stronger faster. Even more so with the academy door now being left unlocked.

Ten days before the next game and Ralph had them in training today. Hughes would have probably given them the week off...

A breath of fresh air this Austrian fella :)

4825c64fffea9e1e399c7c622f1867ad.jpg

Now I know Ralph isn’t there anymore but I watched the Leipzig v Dortmund game this weekend. Leipzig’s fitness levels and intensity was unbelievable. They hassles and broke and pressed nonstop. If we end up getting even slightly close to their levels we’ll be fantastic to watch and a nightmare to play against

Absofrigginlutely!!

It was getting to be a chore rather than a pleasure to drag my sorry ar5e out to the bar to watch a display of out and out mediocrity interspersed with a few moments of hope,

only to be crushed by stunning displays of individual crapness to deny us a win or draw.

These individual errors probably saved Hughes his job a few times, after all how can you blame the manager when it's an individual error? Well I think that Ralph has shown, that by instilling

more rigorous levels of physical fitness, mental fitness and reactions improve as well. Oh!! ...... and having a game plan which the players can understand and buy into, and encouraging positive

speedy breakaways when we gain possession, rather than the plodding pedantic safety passing, which ends up with keeper aimlessly punting it upfield and possession lost, employed by the last 3 (Hughes not quite as guilty as the other 2) .....does help as well.

Gutted that we have to wait so long till next game ..... but excited at the thought of what the team might be capable, of with an uninterrupted period of Masterclass Conditioning and Tactics under Ralph and his team.

#We'vegotourteamback

Difference I see is that Puel and Pellegrino said that they bought into it and would use the youth but didn't. Hughes came at a time when it wasn't right to use youth, and carried on this season not using them save for a wee bit with Obafemi. Ralph full on is happy to use them. Suspect Staplewood has a buzz about it now.

As for the 1st team working out on Sunday. If you have got them buying into your philosophy, you can ask them to move mountains and they will.

Edited by angelman

How long is Ralph's contract? 2.5 years rings a bell (?)

IMO we should be offering him a new 4 or 5 year contract immediately. I know contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on these days but I feel it's something we should be doing as a statement of intent now that we know that RH is the perfect fit for us.

How long is Ralph's contract? 2.5 years rings a bell (?)

IMO we should be offering him a new 4 or 5 year contract immediately. I know contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on these days but I feel it's something we should be doing as a statement of intent now that we know that RH is the perfect fit for us.

Its no benefit for RH to extend a contract as he knows he can get a better paid job elsewhere.

A longer contract only means the club get more compensation which would not bother him.

Its no benefit for RH to extend a contract as he knows he can get a better paid job elsewhere.

A longer contract only means the club get more compensation which would not bother him.

Agree, but just trying to avoid the inevitable penultimate year 'tittle-tattle' that starts in the press etc when a manager is about to enter the last year of their contract. It can start to effect the players and results.

I just feel that if we agree a longer contract with him the club can still enter into an agreement with RH to say we wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to leave earlier, but I just feel a longer contract would lead to more stability in his penultimate and/or last season with us, whenever that may be. Forward planning and all that malarkey.

Just thinking out loud guv.

Edited by trousers