Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Hasenhuttl - Confirmed!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    One article I read about him, apparently between jobs he was in the alps with his binoculars spying on other top club's training camps like Dortmund etc, so he could learn new training methods etc., also went to World Cup training camps to watch like the German national tram train etc. seems a bit of a football nut.

Very interesting that he watched Cardiff, the team we are due to play and his first game, shows he was probably close to being in place before the weekend I reckon.

I think Hughes was basically sacked from the Fulham game and they have been lining this guy up over the last few weeks.
    Sounds like he should get us back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    morgan schneiderlin keeps liking recent Saints posts.
    MS has done nothing since he left us. He probably regrets leaving now. good to know he still follows us, but have him back? No thank you, those days are gone. The only 'returns' I remember as a success were Don Roper back from Arsenal (50s) and Mick Channon back from Man City (80s)

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    Not every player is as unprofessional as VVD, Mahrez was basically leaving Leicester for 2 years but still played his heart for them.

As did MS after he got over his little tantrum and was told he'd go the next year.
    Harry Maguire has not had a fit for not leaving Leicester either

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    "As soon as we met, Ralph's enthusiasm for football was contagious," said Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.
    "His hunger to take on a new and challenging job in the Premier League was evident. In our discussions, he quickly aligned himself with the values and the vision of the club."

He is Hungry...now we need players with the same hunger.
    If Ralph H's training and tactics are even half as good as Ralph K's bullsh8 we really should be getting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    For who? Manchester United? Hardly the super power anymore.

I expect if Liverpool or Man City came in for him, he would've kicked up more of a fuss.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The VVD situation was fairly unique and no doubt milked by Les Reed to manipulate the idiot fanbase.

Fear. Fear. Fear

Helped with his agenda to sell anyone decent and anyone Liverpool wanted.

7. Default

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...63#post2672663

Fair play to this chap. Called it ages ago.
    He sure did, well done sir.

A deserved pat on the back to the board as well for not going for the obvious choices and instead doing their homework and coming up with someone who plays the type of game that has given us the mist success in the past.

RaHa's English level seems good too, which is a bonus

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
    Sounds like he should get us back on track.
    Well not many people would have predicted they would have been as bad as they were.

------------------------------

Coutinho also played well for pool before leaving for Barca after being denied the move in the summer.

Like I said VVD is a c*nt, not every player hankering for a move just gives up, sulks and plays as crap as he did.

For who? Manchester United? Hardly the super power anymore.

I expect if Liverpool or Man City came in for him, he would've kicked up more of a fuss.
    An embarrassment of a post. What have Liverpool won in the last 5 years? Nothing.
    United? FA cup, League Cup and Europa League. Players want to win trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    An embarrassment of a post. What have Liverpool won in the last 5 years? Nothing.
    I think you may be on the wrong forum. This is about Saints

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Who have you got more chance of winning things with now? Man United or Liverpool? Who do you have more chance of qualifying to Champions league with this season? Man United or Liverpool. Not all of us are stuck in past and see what's happening now.

If I was a player, I wouldn't touch Jose's united with yours.

Anyway this has nothing to do with Saints. Love and light
    Last edited by Cabbage_Face; 05-12-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Fonte on RaHa:

“I spoke with a couple of managers who know him and the references were very, very good,” said Fonte, who is now in France with Ligue 1 high-flyers Lille.

“I expect good things and hope he can turn things around fast. But what I’ve heard is very good, very very good.”

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/0...eard-about-ra/

Quote Originally Posted by niceandfriendly View Post
    Fonte on RaHa:

“I spoke with a couple of managers who know him and the references were very, very good,” said Fonte, who is now in France with Ligue 1 high-flyers Lille.

“I expect good things and hope he can turn things around fast. But what I’ve heard is very good, very very good.”

Get Fonte back. Legend.

The one thing about his RB team, he had a player called Demme, although he had Kieta and or Kampl often they would press constant from midfield and get caught out of position but Demme had this brilliant skill of knowing when to press and more importantly who to press. So when you had Kieta/Kampl and Demme in CM, Kieta or Kampl would launch about like nutters and Demme would just wait for them to fall into his trap. This is needed for RaHa's system.

I wonder if we may see less of the Lemina & Hoj and more or Lemina/Hoj and Rom? Will be interesting.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-...t-team-manager

The inclusion of the line “lots of possibilities” might be my favourite piece of trolling of all time.

17. Default

Fonte on RaHa:

This is the tricky bit. Momentum is strong

Whether he can replicate this ambitious and complicated style of football at a Southampton side who have been playing dire football for over two years now remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Truth. He's got his work cut out that's for sure. 3 diabolical managers on the trot before RaHa

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

His football isn't that complicated, but it defo needs the players. I believe we have the GK, RB, LB, Midfielders and Attackers to work. Biggest issue is CB's.

His football isn't that complicated, but it defo needs the players. I believe we have the GK, RB, LB, Midfielders and Attackers to work. Biggest issue is CB's.
    Look at Vestergaard vs Man Utd for Herrera's goal. Vestergaard's complete inability to get back and mark Herrera in anyway should be something that can be fixed by good coaching. No excuses for that kind of lazy defending. Hopefully RaHa can improve the CBs we already have.

Hoedt on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    MS has done nothing since he left us. He probably regrets leaving now. good to know he still follows us, but have him back? No thank you, those days are gone. The only 'returns' I remember as a success were Don Roper back from Arsenal (50s) and Mick Channon back from Man City (80s)
    I think if RaHa could get him back on track it would be a v astute piece of business. Even better if Walcott came too...(i know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    I think if RaHa could get him back on track it would be a v astute piece of business. Even better if Walcott came too...(i know)
    There's part of me that would love both to come back, but assuming we stay up, signing expensive 29 year old's probably won't be on the agenda.

Fonte on RaHa:

Heard his interview with jim white on talk sport today and he pretty much told him the same thing Jrod told me when I met him in Ibiza and that's when Cortese left us our determination and ambition to be a top 6 team left with him !

Blog Entries

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...63#post2672663

Fair play to this chap. Called it ages ago.
    A stopped clock is correct twice in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Heard his interview with jim white on talk sport today and he pretty much told him the same thing Jrod told me when I met him in Ibiza and that's when Cortese left us our determination and ambition to be a top 6 team left with him !
    That was pretty evident.

Itís not really an embarrassment though is it. If I was a pro footballer and both UTD and Liverpool came in for me, I would go to Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    A stopped clock is correct twice in the day.

Excited by this appointment! Welcome on-board Ralph - the 'Klopp of the Alps' be great to go back to the high intensity and pressing style of Poch & Koeman.

29. Default

Although not expecting an instant turnaround, I'm quite excited by RaHa (as he seems to be known as here). I don't think we have quite enough pace in the squad to play the fast counter that RB displayed under him at times, but on it's day our midfield can be as good as any outside the top 6. I think Redmond will be key this season, assuming we can sort out our excuse for a defense, with the right coaching.
    This is a positive, aggressive (to quote Klopp) aquisition.
    COYR !

Welcome Ralph

(bugger, I was going to post a cheeky photo of David Morrissey, but this lame ass forum software won't support it in a IMG tag!)

I think the two important things to remember about our new manager are

He worked in Germany
    He fu cking hates Pompey

Welcome Ralph and good luck!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    And yet we still showed enough ambition to appoint Koeman and finished 6th the season after. Weird.

Toby audeweirald wants to leave spurs, any chance on earth we could persuade him to come back & be the heart of our defence?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Truth. He's got his work cut out that's for sure. 3 diabolical managers on the trot before RaHa
    Wigley, Saggy, and Bassett/Wise was a long time ago, so I don't think they have much bearing on RH's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Toby audeweirald wants to leave spurs, any chance on earth we could persuade him to come back & be the heart of our defence?

How do you know that he wants to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    How do you know that he wants to leave?
    It was on the radio the commutator said he 100% expects him to move on as he hasn't been picked for key games & hinted that he is after a move

Abslutely none. Why on earth did you even bother?

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    I think the two important things to remember about our new manager are

He worked in Germany
    He fu cking hates Pompey

Welcome Ralph and good luck!
    And he's not Mark ****ing Hughes.

It was on the radio the commutator said he 100% expects him to move on as he hasn't been picked for key games & hinted that he is after a move

Ah that’s where you went wrong, listening to the commutator.

Quote Originally Posted by iansums View Post
    Ah thatís where you went wrong, listening to the commutator.

I would think highly unlikely.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I thought Toby had turned down a new contract that spurs had offered, preferring to move on instead?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Toby is going to be ruined at Man United

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

His track record is certainly good, and very much in line with our most successful managerial signings of late.

Let's hope he hasn't come in too late and can indeed turn things around, seems like the manager we should've signed in the summer!

His track record is certainly good, and very much in line with our most successful managerial signings of late.

Let's hope he hasn't come in too late and can indeed turn things around, seems like the manager we should've signed in the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Wigley, Saggy, and Bassett/Wise was a long time ago, so I don't think they have much bearing on RH's job.
    Haha blast from the past there. But actually that makes depressing reading. When Koeman left us we appointed a coach who is a far far inferior manager to all those three listed there. Les Reed, or whoever decided to hire him, should have been fired on the spot for that. It's still costing us now.

Obviously Hughes and Pellegrino were poor too, but RaHa will still be working to undo the damage Puel did to this team. The effects will last an awful long time.

Haha blast from the past there. But actually that makes depressing reading. When Koeman left us we appointed a coach who is a far far inferior manager to all those three listed there. Les Reed, or whoever decided to hire him, should have been fired on the spot for that. It's still costing us now.

Obviously Hughes and Pellegrino were poor too, but RaHa will still be working to undo the damage Puel did to this team. The effects will last an awful long time.
    Utterly ridiculous.

There are people you can talk to if you’re lonely mate, you don’t need to spout nonsense on a forum to get attention.

I'm pretty confident he is going back to Ajax in the summer.