Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Ralph Hasenhuttl - Confirmed!

Agree that he comes across very well. Dealing with press is an important part of a managers job in modern times. It immediately gives the club a better profile.

I noticed, even yesterday, that we got better coverage from the likes of Phil Thompson on Sky and Murphy/Keown on BBC.

I think this man will help us just by being convivial, speaking good(but not perfect) english and smiling.

I like the look of him.

He made an interesting point about how his approach requires serious time on the training field to instill, and how we have a lot of games over Christmas, so not so much time to spend training.

So it will be interesting to see how quickly and in what areas he changes the team in the short term. Will it be more evolution or revolution in approach to games?

Poch made some seemingly major changes quite quickly..... I wonder if it is possible for him to do the same?

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

There’s some ruthlessness there . He said something along along the lines of if the players don’t adapt they will go.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by manji View Post
    There’s some ruthlessness there . He said something along along the lines of if the players don’t adapt they will go.
    Yeah, I saw that quote in a report in the Echo:

“I don’t know where the limits and if they like to go this way with us they are invited to and when they follow us it will be an intensive, hard working way.

“When they their push their limits we see where they get.

“If someone says it is it too much running or work for me they will fall very quick beside us. That’s how I want to work at January and that’s when we look.
    Source: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...ad-is-too-big/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Yeah, I saw that quote in a report in the Echo:

Source: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...ad-is-too-big/
    That’s the one.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by manji View Post
    I definitely like that as a principle to set to the players on day 1. In reality, it will be very interesting to see how that plays out. It is often easier to say you want players out than to make it happen in the modern world, eg Forster. He's going to need strong backing from the board to make things happen the way he wants to in January.

But really excited by what he is saying. People just might need to be realistic about how quickly he can solve some of our issues!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

“You can expect a very passionate kind of football with 11 characters on the field who know exactly what to do, what they have to show the crowd.

“After the match even if we don’t win I am 100 per cent sure they will help us and appreciate what they have seen.

This. This. This.

8. Default

Has anything been said about whether he is bringing an assistant yet? Apologies if missed.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pete View Post
    Has anything been said about whether he is bringing an assistant yet? Apologies if missed.

He’s bringing just the one assistant with him I believe. His name escapes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    Dave Grohl.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    Dave Grohl.
    The Foo Fighters Dave Grohl?!

12. Default

"If you want guarantees, buy a washing machine" !!!

lols

Players are in for a shock after Hughes’ holiday camp.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Players are in for a shock after Hughes’ holiday camp.
    Yeah, wasn't there a story that supposedly leaked from Ings' family that it was like aforementioned holiday camp?

It's good that we have someone who seems to have an excellent footballing mind. I won't put him in the world-class category just yet, but let's hope he can reach those very high standards.

Houdini?

Can't remember the exact name. Translates as "Hamster playpen".

There is certainly going to be more interest from the media now, SSN just spent more time on us then they have in the last 3 years combined.

The skates are ****ting it of course, trying to convince themselves that we are only a steeping stone for him. Maybe, but better to be a stepping stone then an insignificant, noddy club.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBizzier69 View Post
    Houdini?
    Just what we need then

There is certainly going to be more interest from the media now, SSN just spent more time on us then they have in the last 3 years combined.

The skates are ****ting it of course, trying to convince themselves that we are only a steeping stone for him. Maybe, but better to be a stepping stone then an insignificant, noddy club.
    The most exotic managerial name they were ever able to attract was Alain Perrin.

Even Ronald Koeman turned them down, back when he was a relative managerial nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Like how he brushed off the importance of yesterday's last 20mins where we played with more freedom.
    That statement was absolutely massive.

He is correct. Teams do take their foot off the pedal when the games all but done and dusted which would suggest we’re going to play with serious intensity whatever the score line of a game - though it’ll take some time to implement (fitness, tactics, personnel)

Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Seems he’s knows the problems we have straightaway.
    Very astute,concise in his vision of what he wants.
    I think a few of the current squad will be ‘found out’ and very quickly out the door.
    He’s going to be a very tough taskmaster.
    Good sense of humour,i think not only our fans but others will warm to him.
    He reminds me of a young Wenger and a Klopp combined.
    I think the club has enticed a very classy and well respected manager to join us.
    He will be off as soon as a big club comes in though.
    We are the perfect stepping stone for him.
    I see some big changes coming both on the pitch and off it.
    So let’s see what we make of ‘rabbit hutch’.... I’m excited about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. I think he's the 'Alpine Adkins'...

Quote Originally Posted by niceandfriendly View Post
    Haha blast from the past there. But actually that makes depressing reading. When Koeman left us we appointed a coach who is a far far inferior manager to all those three listed there. Les Reed, or whoever decided to hire him, should have been fired on the spot for that. It's still costing us now.

Obviously Hughes and Pellegrino were poor too, but RaHa will still be working to undo the damage Puel did to this team. The effects will last an awful long time.
    You got one bite, so I'll be generous: 1.5/10

24. Default

Last edited by stknowle; 06-12-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stknowle View Post
    Well win ratio high, but then Lyon had been a really successful club and were beginning to decline. Plus the French League isn't the best. He did alright there but had only had one job, plus Villa had a far worse squad than us. Most important immediate thing Ralph has over him is personality and more visible passion.

Ralph has a better record at getting the best out of players and exceeding expectations at his clubs. I like the fact he's spent a reasonable amount of time at each club, no short term disasters and he's come from a really good league. I've no doubts at all he's going to do really well. Might be the most excited I've been about an appointment actually. I was extremely optimistic about Adkins and Koeman, neural on Puel and a bit worried about Pellegrino....and the less said about Hughes the better.

“First interview” of Hasenhüttl on the club’s YouTube page...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=7BoIaNKEETM

Cheeky security bet that he will move to spurs or Liverpool.

Textbook

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    You got one bite, so I'll be generous: 1.5/10
    Wahey 6.66666 recurring more of those then and I'll have a perfect 10. Nah don't worry, I'm trying to cut down on my nonsense. It's very difficult to stop though. Similar to getting off heroin.

Out of interest, how do you know what the Skates are thinking? Forums, I assume? Does anybody really care about them anymore seriously? I don't even know if I can muster the strength to "hate them". It all seems so futile and pointless. Perhaps it's down to their patheticness for so many years now, but I just can't take them seriously anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Cheeky security bet that he will move to spurs or Liverpool.

Textbook

What odds you get on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    What odds you get on that?

50/1, chucked a nice tidy sum on it. Happy Days.

Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Seems he’s knows the problems we have straightaway.
    Very astute,concise in his vision of what he wants.
    I think a few of the current squad will be ‘found out’ and very quickly out the door.
    He’s going to be a very tough taskmaster.
    Good sense of humour,i think not only our fans but others will warm to him.
    He reminds me of a young Wenger and a Klopp combined.
    I think the club has enticed a very classy and well respected manager to join us.
    He will be off as soon as a big club comes in though.
    We are the perfect stepping stone for him.
    I see some big changes coming both on the pitch and off it.
    So let’s see what we make of ‘rabbit hutch’.... I’m excited about this.

Is it wrong that I have a man crush already?? He seems very direct and won't take any crap. The players need to step up now as they are as responsible for this mess as anybody else. Actually looking forward to the rest of the season now. Hope my optimism isn't misplaced

The Foo Fighters Dave Grohl?!
    That’s the halftime entertainment sorted then.

Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    Dave Grohl.
    He brings out the Best of You

34. Default

Danny Rohl ?

He is the most clear minded, thoughtful and intelligent guy we've ever had at SFC at any level, with not a trace of hyperbole or bull**** about him. Not your average thick as a brick football manager that's for sure.

Why does he feel the need to keep apologising for his English when he speaks it far better than most of us?

His will be one giant presence on the training pitch and it's hard to see how Davis, Watson and the others will keep up. They've had it far too easy for far too long.

Certainly very high expectations after reading this thread. Hopefully this time we've got it right, and if we have, presumably it's RK we need to thank.

I really do hope this one works out, and is back to our more successful appointments. Whilst fully aware that if he does do well, he will be off. But at this point I think we'll all take that; a couple years of enjoying it again, and with any luck our board have learned the lessons to make the next one a success. Very optimistic, but of course we need to get into safety first, which won't be easy and won't happen immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    50/1, chucked a nice tidy sum on it. Happy Days.
    Is there a deadline for him to have moved, or could you collect 20 years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Is there a deadline for him to have moved, or could you collect 20 years from now?
    Which just goes to show how much to believe of what you read on here. One or two people who should be millionaires by now according to their own estimates of their gambling prowess, very clearly are not; one doubts Cabbage Face is a millionaire or will be very soon.

Looks like his assistant Danny Rohl is already with us:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C276F4B-EDA9-4A6B-A2D7-6691850A079C.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	2759

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Which just goes to show how much to believe of what you read on here. One or two people who should be millionaires by now according to their own estimates of their gambling prowess, very clearly are not; one doubts Cabbage Face is a millionaire or will be very soon.
    I was parodying a well known poster on here. Betting is a mugs game, and those who bet rarely make any money.