Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 1,001 to 1,033 of 1033

Thread: Ralph Hasenhuttl

  1. Default

    We're gonna miss this guy when he's gone...

    https://www.facebook.com/saintsfound...41559166003254


  2. #1002

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Windsor...ish.
    Posts
    12,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Hughes: P14 W1 D6 L7
    Kelvin: P1 W0 D0 L1
    Ralph: P21 W8 D5 L8

    Now of course one would have hoped some of those draws could have been turned into wins....today, Watford, Burnley, and maybe not lose twice to Cardiff. Fine margins, but with taking on the squad mid-season, happy to survive as Hughes was crap.
    It’ll be interesting to see if we get enough points from the Ralph tenure to show we could have stayed up even without the Hughes 9 Points. 29 points so far and Cardiff are on 31, I think one win would do it. We’d have stayed up in a 23 game Ralph season. That is some going.

    Man’s a genius.

  3. #1003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Shane Long will be useful then and can't see Austin being too much use.

  4. #1004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    We're gonna miss this guy when he's gone...

    https://www.facebook.com/saintsfound...41559166003254

    Missing him already?

  5. Default

    'Brutal honesty', 'mind training' and instructing the groundsman to paint lines for tactical work... how Ralph Hasenhuttl kept Southampton up:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampton-up.html

  6. #1006

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    'Brutal honesty', 'mind training' and instructing the groundsman to paint lines for tactical work... how Ralph Hasenhuttl kept Southampton up:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ampton-up.html
    Hasen-brütal, I’m going to savour next season with this fella before he moves on to bigger things.

  7. Default

    ‘I'm a guy who always brings everyone in our boat to row with us’
    Reminds me on the old Adkinsism about Puncheon getting on board and getting an oar in his hands...

  8. Default Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl returns to work early


  9. Default

    Legend, but also a lot of good news there, more coaching staff coming in, working on more transfers and planning all the training so we can switch between multiple systems with ease.

    Quite excited by what he can achieve this season.

  10. #1010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    Legend, but also a lot of good news there, more coaching staff coming in, working on more transfers and planning all the training so we can switch between multiple systems with ease.

    Quite excited by what he can achieve this season.
    sounds organised

  11. #1011

    Default

    When’s Watson off then?!

  12. Default

    Assistant to Raidi Jaidhi planned.....

  13. #1013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBizzier69 View Post
    When’s Watson off then?!
    Maybe he's not, he's a coach, could be just a role change?

  14. #1014

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Windsor...ish.
    Posts
    12,236

    Default

    He seems to relish the challenge he’s taken on. Shift the deadwood and bring in his own players push up the league and he’ll be gone. But it would be worth it. Ball, Strachan, Adkins and Koeman have been my favourite managers since I’ve supported Saints, but Hasenhuttl could usurp them all if he keeps on impressing.

  15. #1015

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    He seems to relish the challenge he’s taken on. Shift the deadwood and bring in his own players push up the league and he’ll be gone. But it would be worth it. Ball, Strachan, Adkins and Koeman have been my favourite managers since I’ve supported Saints, but Hasenhuttl could usurp them all if he keeps on impressing.
    Didn't he leave RBL because they didn't offer him a long term contract...which he wanted?

    Gut feel is he will do well here, and then like Poch move on to bigger things. However the RBL situation (if my memory on this is correct) gives me hope that if we back him, support him and show him the love, we might be able to keep him a while.

  16. #1016

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    . Ball, Strachan, Adkins and Koeman have been my favourite managers since I’ve supported Saints, but Hasenhuttl could usurp them all if he keeps on impressing.
    Early days yet but I agree with you about the massively under-rated Nigel Adkins, a man without ego and always a ready smile. Our progress under him was a joy to behold and laid the very firm foundations of what was to come under Pochettino & Koeman. Arguably the best manger we ever had. I loved the passion he had for the game and particularly recall the Davis testimonial when he was out of his seat demanding everything from his ex-Saints side in a friendly!

    Ralph has some work to do yet before he can truly be compared to Adkins & Koeman

  17. #1017

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Early days yet but I agree with you about the massively under-rated Nigel Adkins, a man without ego and always a ready smile. Our progress under him was a joy to behold and laid the very firm foundations of what was to come under Pochettino & Koeman. Arguably the best manger we ever had. I loved the passion he had for the game and particularly recall the Davis testimonial when he was out of his seat demanding everything from his ex-Saints side in a friendly!

    Ralph has some work to do yet before he can truly be compared to Adkins & Koeman
    Nigel Adkins leaving Hull. Seems like he was offered a "derisory" new contract by Hull owners. Can't agree he was the best manager we ever had, but he was a top bloke, decent, hard working and enthusiastic, a great role model.


  18. #1019

    Default

    Very good interview. From the man himself: wants a goalkeeper coach (as rumoured), fitness coach, up to five new players, with a focus on speed; and not older than 24. He's also committed to promoting from the Academy.

    And he's personally getting involved in all of the scouting and recruiting departments.

    Let's hope the club back him to the hilt - this guy's definitely a real asset.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  19. #1020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    Very good interview. From the man himself: wants a goalkeeper coach (as rumoured), fitness coach, up to five new players, with a focus on speed; and not older than 24. He's also committed to promoting from the Academy.

    And he's personally getting involved in all of the scouting and recruiting departments.

    Let's hope the club back him to the hilt - this guy's definitely a real asset.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    Good read..guest cabins

  20. #1021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    And he's personally getting involved in all of the scouting and recruiting departments.
    exactly what a manager should be doing. If the buck stops with the manager then he should be intrinsically involved in the players brought in. I don't have a clue about day to day duties of a manager in current football, but I just don't understand how a manager could allow someone else to sign a player for me without scouting him (watching him live) myself.

  21. #1022

    Default

    Its good to see he is involved in everything - another myth buster for the doom merchants on here !

  22. #1023

    Default

    thanks for posting. The last couple of sentences seem very positive re staying

  23. #1024

    Default

    Lad


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #1025

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    2,717

    Default

    Cheers, that's a cracking interview. Old school football management at its best.

  25. Default

    All but confirms that Dave Watson is on his way too.

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by for_heaven's_Saint View Post
    All but confirms that Dave Watson is on his way too.
    Maybe we will get an announcement at the start of July? (Isn't that when most contracts start/expire?)

  27. #1028

    Default

    We should get this man on a 5 year deal ASAP!

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    Very good interview. From the man himself: wants a goalkeeper coach (as rumoured), fitness coach, up to five new players, with a focus on speed; and not older than 24. He's also committed to promoting from the Academy.
    Quote Originally Posted by for_heaven's_Saint View Post
    All but confirms that Dave Watson is on his way too.
    Hope that there has been some discussion with Watson previously. Irrespective of the merits of the decision , it'd be a pretty poor way to learn of your demotion/exit, via a translated interview in the press.

  29. #1030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Hope that there has been some discussion with Watson previously. Irrespective of the merits of the decision , it'd be a pretty poor way to learn of your demotion/exit, via a translated interview in the press.
    RH seems like a straight talking guy, he let the playing staff know so I cannot see any reason why that wouldn’t be the case with the coaching staff.

  30. #1031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    RH seems like a straight talking guy, he let the playing staff know so I cannot see any reason why that wouldn’t be the case with the coaching staff.
    I would suspect that's the most likely scenario, and gives the outgoing staff the opportunity to look around for opportunities beforehand. I know there are a lot of whispers around here about Watson not being much good, and subjective comments about what he's done to some of our keepers (!) but do we have any objective evidence? Presumably keepers we have recruited from elsewhere must have an opinion, just like Ings had an opinion on our early season training after arriving from Liverpool..

  31. #1032

    Default

    Class act and if we could get 5 years from Ralph IMO he'd become a legend.

    Sadly don't think we will though......this time next year the sharks will be circling and we'll just need to get the next Ralph.

  32. #1033

    Default

    If he does get to bring in new backroom staff aside from Watson I wonder what it means for Kelvin Davis?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •