Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 650 of 1088

Thread: Ralph Hasenhuttl

  1. #601

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,929

    Default

    Seems like a good appointment to me. Hopefully it marks a turning point in the first team’s fortunes.

  2. Default

    Yeah, it feels right. Good fit from what I've read.

    Give the club the plaudits on this one, they've seemingly pulled this from nowhere.

    It feels like we've gone back to having a coach with a clear identity/style of play, rather than just ''I like to pass the ball''.

  3. #603

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    Exciting appointment. He doesn't have a lot to work with, but at least he has a track record of a high intensity style of play.

    I wonder if anyone is willing to give credit to Krueger for this? Perhaps not having a 'football person' overseeing things didn't really matter, and perhaps Krueger is more decisive than meets the eye (or the ear, based on his interviews...)

    I prefer to think of it as Les's parting legacy as the club have been tracking him since 2014 (allegedly) so Les clearly did most of the ground work and know Ralph K. will reap the benefits (hopefully) one things for sure Nic Nak would never have pulled this off.....







    .....should be good for a few bites.

  4. #604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miserableoldgit View Post
    It may be just me, but why does everyone have a downer on Kelvin?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Not every one has a downer on Kelvin, he is a great club man and good to have around. Some 'fans' just like to have hate figures, wish they would go down the road and join that lot

  5. #605

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post

    I wonder if anyone is willing to give credit to Krueger for this?
    Good point actually. Credit where it's due. He has acted quickly and decisively and made what seems to be a very promising appointment. I haven't been a fan, but if we don't recognise when he does something right, then the criticism is a little hollow.

  6. #606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    Good point actually. Credit where it's due. He has acted quickly and decisively and made what seems to be a very promising appointment. I haven't been a fan, but if we don't recognise when he does something right, then the criticism is a little hollow.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Ralph was all for removing Pellegrino earlier but it was Les who wanted to keep him to see if he could turn it round. Whilst I'm, clearly, not all for recruiting managers on an annual basis, at least Ralph has recognised sticking with Hughes for a similar length of time was likely to leave us in a certain relegation battle and bringing in someone who takes us back to our Pochettino and Koeman-style philosophy early enough, gives us the chance to recover this season a little. Fair play for that and welcome Ralph H. - best of luck. You won't please all of us all of the time but if you can at least get us winning at home, you'll get most of us onside!

  7. #607

    Default

    First managerial appointment that's felt 'right' to me since Koeman.

    Good luck Ralph, still got a lot to do to keep us up

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Yeah, it feels right. Good fit from what I've read.

    Give the club the plaudits on this one, they've seemingly pulled this from nowhere.

    It feels like we've gone back to having a coach with a clear identity/style of play, rather than just ''I like to pass the ball''.
    Indeed. I won't get too excited as my feeling was Elyounoussi would be good, but at least the theory of this appointment is right.

    Pellegrino's CV just didn't make any sense at all. (I had to dig up Les's quote about it for old times sake).

    “Mauricio believes with the quality we have we can play exciting, attacking football, taking the game to our opponents by playing a high-intensity game. He will continue to develop and introduce young players whilst building on the core of experience that we have in the squad."

  9. #609

    Default

    https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...63#post2672663

    Fair play to this chap. Called it ages ago.

  10. #610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Don't be daft. We have to give him until Christmas.
    Well, we'll want to get the next new guy in before the transfer window opens, so we're on a pretty tight deadline.

    I'll order a banner today.

  11. #611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Indeed. I won't get too excited as my feeling was Elyounoussi would be good, but at least the theory of this appointment is right.

    Pellegrino's CV just didn't make any sense at all. (I had to dig up Les's quote about it for old times sake).
    I don't get where Les got that from MoPe never played High Press. He was odd.

    I think he will get the best from some of our "failures".

  12. #612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    Exciting appointment. He doesn't have a lot to work with, but at least he has a track record of a high intensity style of play.

    I wonder if anyone is willing to give credit to Krueger for this? Perhaps not having a 'football person' overseeing things didn't really matter, and perhaps Krueger is more decisive than meets the eye (or the ear, based on his interviews...)
    Plenty of clubs appoint managers/head coaches without having football people making the decisions. Saints do however have Ross Wilson still in post and he would have been integral in this decision.

  13. #613

    Default

    Thank goodness for that. Hopefully no more 50% of passes made in our half whilst inviting the opposition to sit back in numbers and snuff us out then hitting us on the break. Hopefully it will be what it says on the tin. Lose the ball, swarm in and get it back in 10 secs and get it forward quickly. Get the overload quickly. that's my type of football. Man City keep the ball but win it back quickly but last night they didn't half look vulnerable with Watford swarming all over them and getting the ball in quickly forcing City to defend desperately for the last ten minutes.

    I think there are going to be some falling by the wayside. I can see the press being in your face not Wenger style, float about ten yards from the opponent. Davis and JWP in particular being poor tacklers and pressers could be the first.

  14. #614

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,119

    Default

    Superb news.

    I feel genuinely excited again for the first time since the Koeman era.

    First job is to stay up then next season, lift-off!

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    What is the payment when we sack them? I read in one paper that it was £6m for Hughes, but I highly highly doubt that, as that will be the amount he might have earned over the length of his entire contract (presumption). There will be clauses in contracts that mitigate payments and are no doubt attached to performances.
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this every time someone bangs on about the amount of compensation we have to pay every time we sack a manager like it's a given they get the full value of their contract.

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...63#post2672663

    Fair play to this chap. Called it ages ago.
    Didn't realise Glasgow had yet another login


  17. #617

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,768

    Default Ralph Hasenhuttl - Confirmed!

    Let’s hope we can keep him longer than 18 months

  18. #618

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derry View Post
    Thank goodness for that. Hopefully no more 50% of passes made in our half whilst inviting the opposition to sit back in numbers and snuff us out then hitting us on the break. Hopefully it will be what it says on the tin. Lose the ball, swarm in and get it back in 10 secs and get it forward quickly. Get the overload quickly. that's my type of football. Man City keep the ball but win it back quickly but last night they didn't half look vulnerable with Watford swarming all over them and getting the ball in quickly forcing City to defend desperately for the last ten minutes.

    I think there are going to be some falling by the wayside. I can see the press being in your face not Wenger style, float about ten yards from the opponent. Davis and JWP in particular being poor tacklers and pressers could be the first.
    All very good and all very laudable, but saying it and doing it are two completely different things. I would love to see it but you have to have the players that are both technically and physically capable of doing it. It wont just happen because that's what he wants to do - let's face it CA is not in this team and there are others who might struggle with it as well. If we over-commit pressing high, leave the midfield vacant, then teams will break on us and with our 'defence' we could find ourselves in big trouble.
    I'm looking forward to getting back to the attractive, high press, lots of goals type football and games - but I think it will be more a work in progress as opposed to an overnight change.
    Last edited by Micky; 05-12-2018 at 01:08 PM.

  19. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Let’s hope we can keep him longer than 18 months
    Right now, I just hope we can get to 18 months.

  20. #620

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Let’s hope we can keep him longer than 18 months
    Depends how long Klopp lasts.

    Seriously, the problem is if he's bad, we'll sack him and if he's good he'll get poached.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shroppie; 05-12-2018 at 01:05 PM.

  21. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Depends how long Klopp lasts.

    Seriously, the problem is if he's bad, we'll sack him and if he's good he'll get poached.
    This is exactly modern football. If he's great, he'll go. So lets just hope he's great & enjoy the ride until he leaves.

  22. #622

    Default

    morgan schneiderlin keeps liking recent Saints posts.

  23. #623

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    morgan schneiderlin keeps liking recent Saints posts.
    Would have him back but we're well equipped with DMs. Maybe when Lemina goes to Liverpool.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  24. #624

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    morgan schneiderlin keeps liking recent Saints posts.
    Past it now so he can "like" all he wants.

    Anyway if Silva doesn't rate him he must be rubbish...

  25. #625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Would have him back but we're well equipped with DMs. Maybe when Lemina goes to Liverpool.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I don't want Lemina to go. He is so good and will flourish even more now.

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Would have him back but we're well equipped with DMs. Maybe when Lemina goes to Liverpool.
    Speaking of DM's, I feel like this appointment could be make or break for Romeu.

  27. #627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Past it now so he can "like" all he wants.

    Anyway if Silva doesn't rate him he must be rubbish...
    With the right manager motivating him and getting his fitness back MS would be a great acquisition.

  28. #628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Depends how long Klopp lasts.

    Seriously, the problem is if he's bad, we'll sack him and if he's good he'll get poached.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's the way it is, but if he gets poached it will mean we've had a good spell and he will leave us in a stronger position than when he arrived. So it is sad football has got like this but it is a win/win situation if he's good which is better than the lose/lose situation under the last three misfits

  29. #629

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bitterne Park
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    I really hope, more than ever, that the club get it right this time. Our fan base has never seemed so despondent and apathetic, we were on the cusp of greatness and have been dealt a pile of ****e ever since.

  30. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    morgan schneiderlin keeps liking recent Saints posts.
    https://twitter.com/SchneiderlinMo4/likes


  31. #631

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Great news on the face of it but... does anyone have a snapshot of the fan reaction when we appointed Pellegrino?

  32. #632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Did i mention Twitter.

  33. #633

    Default

    This time can we not let the big 6 bully us around, gift them our managers and players and end up back where we are now.

    Or it'll all be a pointless exercise.

  34. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Did i mention Twitter.
    No.

  35. #635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    No.
    #mess

  36. #636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    This time can we not let the big 6 bully us around, gift them our managers and players and end up back where we are now.

    Or it'll all be a pointless exercise.
    You know that's impossible, don't you?

    Look at the whole VVD disaster, should've shipped him out soon as he wasn't happy. You CANNOT keep players if a top 6 club comes sniffing.

  37. #637

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    #mess
    So much for the retirement. #mess #inconsistent

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  38. #638

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    This time can we not let the big 6 bully us around, gift them our managers and players and end up back where we are now.

    Or it'll all be a pointless exercise.
    This time can we learn to accept that there's very little we can do about the bigger clubs bullying us and just enjoy it

    The law of the jungle has existed in all walks of life since day dot; the structures in football are the problem, not the club itself

  39. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Interesting.


    @AdamBlackmore: A titbit or two on #saintsfc boss Ralph Hasenhuttl

    Was described to me as a football obsessive who works 8am-8pm

    He watched Cardiff & 3 other games in England last weekend

    When Saints first asked about him they were told by 4 different people they wouldn’t get him
    One article I read about him, apparently between jobs he was in the alps with his binoculars spying on other top club's training camps like Dortmund etc, so he could learn new training methods etc., also went to World Cup training camps to watch like the German national tram train etc. seems a bit of a football nut.

    Very interesting that he watched Cardiff, the team we are due to play and his first game, shows he was probably close to being in place before the weekend I reckon.

    I think Hughes was basically sacked from the Fulham game and they have been lining this guy up over the last few weeks.

  40. #640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    You know that's impossible, don't you?

    Look at the whole VVD disaster, should've shipped him out soon as he wasn't happy. You CANNOT keep players if a top 6 club comes sniffing.
    Then it's pretty pointless isn't it?

  41. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    One article I read about him, apparently between jobs he was in the alps with his binoculars spying on other top club's training camps like Dortmund etc, so he could learn new training methods etc., also went to World Cup training camps to watch like the German national tram train etc. seems a bit of a football nut.

    Very interesting that he watched Cardiff, the team we are due to play and his first game, shows he was probably close to being in place before the weekend I reckon.

    I think Hughes was basically sacked from the Fulham game and they have been lining this guy up over the last few weeks.
    Agree. That's when the decision was made & I don't think the next 2 results mattered.

  42. #642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    Then it's pretty pointless isn't it?
    Nope, thats the way football is and will always be. The thing we used to do well is have the line ups for these departing players sorted, not so much now.

  43. #643

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    This time can we not let the big 6 bully us around, gift them our managers and players and end up back where we are now.

    Or it'll all be a pointless exercise.

    First the players and manager have to become good enough for the big six to actually want them..
    The new guy looks good on paper but I think its a bit early to worry about him being poached already.

  44. #644

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Well North of the Wrekin
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    You know that's impossible, don't you?

    Look at the whole VVD disaster, should've shipped him out soon as he wasn't happy. You CANNOT keep players if a top 6 club comes sniffing.
    You can if you face up to him. In VVDs case the Board let him dictate his position. Four or five games in the stiffs would have made him have second thoughts. Use Employment Law like any other sensible employer does. He signed a contract. He reneged on it and got away with it.

  45. #645

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niceandfriendly View Post
    I think opting for a manager with an umlaut in his name really should excite the fans.
    Signing Hüghes didn't excite many.

  46. #646

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    One article I read about him, apparently between jobs he was in the alps with his binoculars spying on other top club's training camps like Dortmund etc, so he could learn new training methods etc., also went to World Cup training camps to watch like the German national tram train etc. seems a bit of a football nut.





    Very interesting that he watched Cardiff, the team we are due to play and his first game, shows he was probably close to being in place before the weekend I reckon.





    I think Hughes was basically sacked from the Fulham game and they have been lining this guy up over the last few weeks.


    I hope training camps is the only thing he likes to spy on with binoculars it would be pretty embarrassing to have the new manager caught in some bushes in a back garden in Shirley....
    Last edited by doddisalegend; 05-12-2018 at 02:02 PM.

  47. #647

    Default

    When I heard someone called Ralph had become manager I seriously feared the worst....

  48. #648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hasper57saint View Post
    You can if you face up to him. In VVDs case the Board let him dictate his position. Four or five games in the stiffs would have made him have second thoughts. Use Employment Law like any other sensible employer does. He signed a contract. He reneged on it and got away with it.
    So you'd rather stick an unhappy player in the reserves, pay him millions over his contract and see him walk for free at the end of it, just because of principles? That is the worst business sense ever.

    I'd rather take the £75 million and move on.

  49. #649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    also a bit different from what we've had in the past as this guy is a training pitch coach/manager rather than let the coaches get on with it like
    hughes and puel etc
    nah Austin doesn't look like he has gone hungry ever.

  50. Default

    Not every player is as unprofessional as VVD, Mahrez was basically leaving Leicester for 2 years but still played his heart for them.

    As did MS after he got over his little tantrum and was told he'd go the next year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •