Is there any one you would rather have got than Ralph?

whelk

I hadn't previously heard of him, but his bio speaks for itself and if he plays high pressing football a la Poch, then I'll be very happy. I'm excited by the prospect of him tbh. Moyes, Allardyce etc would be a sideways move from Hughes. Ralph appears to have a winning mentality and formula, so there was no-one that I know of, currently out of work that fits the bill as well as this bloke appears to

I didn't realistically think we could get someone of his level to be honest. I'd heard of him before though didn't know much about him except he was manager of Leipzig, who were making waves because they were upsetting the German football elite and were being very successful. I'd presume a manager of a club like that would only be going upwards to bigger clubs.

Jardim/Rogers was the best scenario I was hoping for and more realistically expecting QSF

Nope. Perfectly happy and excited. Sense of the club and fan base being electrified once again.

That's the thing - there is a sense of hope, excitement and anticipation again; not experienced since the Koeman, Mane, Pochettino, Vic, Morgan, Pelle, Toby, VVD days.

You didn't feel that at the Cup Final or when we beat Inter Milan?

I did - the Cup Final was a massive occasion ending in a cruel defeat and the Europa League was a great thing for the Club leading on from Koeman's second season - but the quality of Football and general direction of the Club has been in decline sine Koeman left and Ralph's appointment has turned around the malaise of the past 2 1/2 seasons, whether he can turn things round remains to be seen.