Spurs v Saints - Match Thread

St Chalet

Stephens has probably been our best centre half this season. I mean, that’s not a great achievement, bit like fittest bird from Middlesbrough or funniest German, but to blame him for the others being woeful is just wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he's been the best of a bad bunch tonight. Certainly not made the howlers that Yoshida has, and looks comfortable on the ball. I still think with a decent manager and coaching he could become a decent player.

Stephens has probably been our best centre half this season. I mean, that’s not a great achievement, bit like fittest bird from Middlesbrough or funniest German, but to blame him for the others being woeful is just wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably an Austrian mate.

Hopefully that will give Charlie a massive boost and get some of those idiots on here off his back! Charlie is back :)

Put me down as one of those idiots. He may have scored a meaningless goal in injury time, against a team who were already in the showers but it’s still like having 10 men the rest of the time.

Well there are some encouraging signs at least. We kept our heads up and kept going til the end for starters. And we created a few decent chances but didn't have the right personnel on the pitch to finish them off.

But really our marking was just so poor, and I'm now starting to realise why Hughes didn't play Yoshida. After having a decent WC I thought he would be a regular fixture in the side, but he has been badly at fault for just about every goal we have conceded recently, and was woeful tonight. Certainly won't have impressed the new manager.

To be fair Austin was only marginally offside. Given their first goal came from a corner won after a not spotted offside they can't really complain. Beautiful ball through by Davis.

Bizarre game, we played some really nice stuff but also completely shot ourselves in the foot.

First job is to find and organise a back 4 that won't make as many individual errors. Stephens was by far the standout of the 4 today.

Thought davis was good today in the deeper midfield role but had horrible slice clearance that contributed to the 2nd goal and should have shot when he worked a glorious chance.

Romeu looked so off the pace in his five minute cameo. Can see why he's been with u23's.

Hitting the woodwork so often is comical. Equally we need to be finishing the rebounds.

New manager bounce against cardiff hopefully

Put me down as one of those idiots. He may have scored a meaningless goal in injury time, against a team who were already in the showers but it’s still like having 10 men the rest of the time.

I just don't get the constant slagging off of one of our players. He might not be the most mobile of players but he's a goalscorer. He should already have at least 3 goals this season but for a poor referrering decision against Watford. He is quite clearly passionate too.

Totally agree that Gunn should get a chance, never been that bothered by McCarthy, was just better then Forster which wasn't hard, and his kicking is awful. Would also bring in Bednerek who is surely an upgrade on this ********.

Bednarek isn't better at all. He just about held his own when hidden in a firman defence, as Target did. Expose either of them in a four and they are not good enough.