Maya

benali-shorts

If I am being ultra-generous to him, I would say that he has shown in the past he needs to have a good run in the side with a regular partner to be anything close to decent. In the back half of 16/17 when we sold Fonte and lost VVD to injury, he and Stephens played together every week and he was a lot better then than he has been this season. Not amazing, granted, but certainly not at the level of muppetry we saw tonight.

But if we're serious about reviving our ambitions with the new manager then we desperately need to upgrade him.

Our CB’s are pretty much as bad as one another. Any coach is going to struggle with that roster. You’ve got to have some level of ability for the coach to build on. Good luck with that one Ralph.

I don’t blame the players. I blame the recruitment.

To think we’ve lost the likes of Toby, Jose, VvD and Lovren in recent years and this is the level we’re left with.

Think that's a little harsh on him tonight! The way we were set up, there were big gaps in midfield when they countered/flooded forward in the 1st half and our defenders were often running back towards their own goal whilst looking over their shoulders.

But tonight his errors were basic tracking, positioning in the box, turning his back, total lack of anticipation, cowardice, malcoordination, and managing to miss from 30cm. I honestly think my labrador would have been more useful. And she died in 2004.

A very dozy player who needs a leader alongside him to keep him on his toes. Sadly we don’t have that. Can’t believe that 2 years on from our cup final when we were supposedly in a defensive crisis mode (with Fonte having left and VvD injured) that we still have the exact same CB pairing. Pretty damning indictment of our recruitment since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of our CB's look championship standard at the moment...and although I don't think any of them are great - you have to start asking the question whether it's more to do with tactics / setup. They are given basically zero protection from our midfield, there were so many times last night that there was a ridiculous amount of space in our midfield. The only way of us sorting that out, would be to stick another midfielder in there to shore things up, Romeu probably the best option to sit.

He's had solid spells in the past next to VVD. But he will always be dreadful. Let's not forget how often he used to play through balls for opposition strikers towards our own goal. His name on the team sheet used to almost guarantee defeat. Loyal but terrible player.

Our recruitment has been disappointing which is not just a matter of opinion, it is a fact because they are all out on loan or on the subs bench, juat not good enough. how come the guy in charge of recruitment--Wilson---is the one who has survived the management purge? We've wasted millions and millions...

Did you not witness callum Davenport?

Many congratulations on a masterclass of utter incompetence at both ends of the pitch. Haven't seen anything like that since Alan Bennett or Ollie Lanca****e.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It's the ****ing zonal marking that none of them understand. All of them standing around in their box while the attackers are free to move around while they look at each other and do nothing. Although against United he failed to tackle ruthlessly but waved a foot at the ball allowing two goals. Targett frigging about last night a la Bertrand v Everton and Hoedt recently, stick it in row Z FFS.

What a load of ****e, Maya has come into a team that is massively underperforming and in particular the centre halves none of whom have had a run apart from Hoedt. Vesterguard might be a great defender in any other league but in the Premiership which is played at a much faster pace than elsewhere he looks like an oil tanker, Hoedt is just terrible full stop, Stephens shows potential but needs a reliable and experienced partner, Bednarek is the same. Maya should start alongside the other two.