Do you think we'll go down this season?

Bad Wolf

Even if we do go down, we won't sack him I don't think, so unless he leaves, I'd be quite confident with more time, a full pre-season, getting some players in of his own mould, we'd bounce straight back up again.

I agree. We should do everything we can to stay up but play without fear.

With the squad as it is we're down. Simply not enough quality can barely think of 5 players I would be sorry to see gone.

Need at least 3 signings in Jan who will immediately go into and improve the starting 11. Then we might scrape survival and build from there.

With the squad as it is we're down. Simply not enough quality can barely think of 5 players I would be sorry to see gone.

Need at least 3 signings in Jan who will immediately go into and improve the starting 11. Then we might scrape survival and build from there.

I don't believe that - the squad is a lower mid table squad, and working with even a half decent Manager should see us safe.

Disagree. Our squad on paper is alot better than some others. They just had better managers.

The squad is bloated, but the decent players within the squad have a) not been fit and b) not been playing anywhere near the level they can.

If Hasenhüttl can't get any more out of them then yes, I'd agree with you. But I honestly think this squad should be good enough to be finishing in the 8-14 range with all the other average teams in the league, rather than in dross portion of the league.

I think we will get relegated quite quickly, which will make some decisions for next season quite easy. Unfortunately I think it means that all the players you currently want to offload will stay, and the little amount of quality that we have will go. The real issue is we will not get back to the premiership for some years in my opinion, time to embrace lower league football once more.

To be fair to the Club they have started to take the right decisions. With the terrible recruitment decisions in recent years they rightfully sacked Les Reed they also rightly judged that we have a failing Academy and had to sack Martin Hunter. Then in past week with the failing first team they sacked Hughes and hired a plausible replacement. But we still have in place Ross Wilson who had a major role in player recruitment and the legacy of £300m squandered on a squad full of bad players. Clearing out that pile of sh*te is going to cost more than £100m to bring in enough better replacements. Maybe 4 or 5 old pros such as Cahil for 6 months is what is required to keep us up? We also need a very good DOF to work through this.

The question I have is whether Gao and his people can raise enough money to save their £200m?

Bring in a goal scoring front man in January, and we'll stay up. An experienced Cahill-type CB would be great, but now having a decent manager, along with a desperately needed goal scorer in January, I think that'll be enough. If we don't get a new CB, perm 2 from 3 from Stephens, Yoshi and Bednarek, with Hoedt only used when 2 of those 3 are injured/suspended. Drop Vestergaard from the squad (if we can't sell).

I don't think RH can save us if we don't bring in a goal scoring front man (something that should've been done more than 2 years ago - thanks Les, you ****).

Bring in a goal scoring front man in January, and we'll stay up. An experienced Cahill-type CB would be great, but now having a decent manager, along with a desperately needed goal scorer in January, I think that'll be enough. If we don't get a new CB, perm 2 from 3 from Stephens, Yoshi and Bednarek, with Hoedt only used when 2 of those 3 are injured/suspended. Drop Vestergaard from the squad (if we can't sell).

I don't think RH can save us if we don't bring in a goal scoring front man (something that should've been done more than 2 years ago - thanks Les, you ****).

Problems far too deep and ingrained for just a goal scoring front man to sort. We are going down.

Ralph will need to be a miracle worker, especially if it us the case we have no money in January. at the very minimum we need a decent, experienced centre back. How we have managed to spunk £40m on centre centre halves and not have one that is anywhere near the level needed in quite incredible.

I think were all presuming we are getting a transfer kitty..........what if we have to sell to buy whos going to buy from us?......and who?.

If we were to reflect purely on what the squad looked like in the 'Lowe year' we went down, I think you would have to conclude the similarities are remarkably close. Yes we have what appears to be a better manager however whether RH can get this squad performing 20%+ better appears unlikely due to the lack of quality inherently available. IMO only 50% of the squad have Prem level POTENTIAL. Only Lemina and possibly MCarthy are currently looking like an actual Prem players.

On balance then, yes we're going down. Too much to salvage. Hope I am utterly wrong.

The squad is about as good as last season.

We have a FAR better manager.

Who has some time to assess before the January window.

We don't have Les, being Les.

We have more time to escape than last season.

The squad lacks confidence..... but that is a state: it's not an unchangeable fact.

We will stay up, and do so fairly comfortably.

Need a big shake up in January to stand any chance of staying up. I can’t believe Ralph would have took the job on unless he had been promised some transfer funds.

There is a whole load of players we could get rid of without effecting the first team.

What other team would want our players?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The squad is about as good as last season.

We have a FAR better manager.

Who has some time to assess before the January window.

We don't have Les, being Les.

We have more time to escape than last season.

The squad lacks confidence..... but that is a state: it's not an unchangeable fact.

We will stay up, and do so fairly comfortably.

With how many points will we be comfortably staying up?

Yes , the squad of players we have are simply not good enough - even with the distinct possibility that it could be a record low points telly to stay up.

Our problem , if the rumours are true and we have to off load players before we can bring any in , is who would want any of our players? Even for free let alone actually paying decent money for them.

Problems far too deep and ingrained for just a goal scoring front man to sort. We are going down.

The squad isn't much different/inferior to the one that finished 8th under Puel. A good manager can turn things around fairly quickly. A goal scoring front man will also lift the whole team, from front to back.

Never seen a club starting badly who didn't think this way.

We'll have a good run. Other clubs will have a good run. Some will have terrible runs ahead of them. You'll all change your mind about who is going down dozens of times.

Then 3 teams will go down out of the current bottom half. None are safe yet and all are capable of terrible runs of form.

One win all season and we're still only one win from safety. Don't expect players to show fight if you give up this easily.

Exactly. It cant get any worse than what we've seen so far this season. Most other seasons we would be cut adrift on 9 points. As it is, we're 3 points from safety

Even if we do go down, we won't sack him I don't think, so unless he leaves, I'd be quite confident with more time, a full pre-season, getting some players in of his own mould, we'd bounce straight back up again.

This is the scenario that I am expecting.

If our new manager is as good as I read he is, I would expect him to get better performances from our players. At the moment, I think we will stay up. At worst, at least we may go down fighting and playing more entertaining football. There's enough time for him to turn things round.

Stay up. For the first time in 2 years we have a manager who wont pussyfoot around. Shape up or ship out. We will lose some, but I'm confident we will turn the corner and catch up/pass the other mediocre teams. I don't expect miracles, so it may take a few weeks, but it will be evident on the pitch. Confidence will rise and I'm surte the players will start to believe in themselves AND each other (those that haven't been shipped out!)