really need the 3 points here.

If not at Cardiff then where?

Cardiff (a)
    Arsenal (h)
    Huddersfield (a)
    West Ham (h)
    Manchester City (h)
    Chelsea (a)

9 points after the holiday fixtures would get us to 18 points with 21 games played.

Quote Originally Posted by fanimal View Post
    Marcus Barnes is a 22 year old forward, correct? It must be hit or bust time for him surely at that age? Give the lad a go, as I keep saying, he cannot be any worse than the sheer incompetence we have had to endure the last two years!
    He's not registered in the 25 man squad, so can't play.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Don't underestimate our players and don't be surprised if we win well tomorrow. They will understand the implications of the infrastructure changes that have been made over the last three weeks. There is a new atmosphere of renewal and ambition around the place and this is bound to re-ignite the passions in players for their own ambitions and futures. We maybe cannot measure the impact of a 'feel good' factor but everyone will respond to it even if sublimely.
    That would be awe-inspiring, eh?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by saintwbu View Post
    Who are the guys either side of Hoedt behind him? they’re U23’s as well aren’t they?
    On first view I thought it was Stephens, but now I'm not so sure. Not sure who the other one is either.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTex View Post
    really need the 3 points here.

If not at Cardiff then where?

Cardiff (a)
    Arsenal (h)
    Huddersfield (a)
    West Ham (h)
    Manchester City (h)
    Chelsea (a)

9 points after the holiday fixtures would get us to 18 points with 21 games played.
    You have to wonder how much impact Ralph can have with one training session though. I guess our best hope is a new manager watching makes the players up their games (not that they did for spurs )

Think we'll win 1-0. Shame we don't have the speed up front we need to be able to counter-attack with Obafemi gone. With no Ings, Gabbi in the toilet and Austin slow we are really short of threat up-front. Lemina to score.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by saintwbu View Post
    Who are the guys either side of Hoedt behind him? they’re U23’s as well aren’t they?
    Not the clearest of photos but I think it might be Harry Hamlin on the left.

On the right is Jack Stephens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Good to see Barnes training with the first team.

Will he be added tothe squad in January so that he can actually play?
    Glad someone else asked who the guy behind Hoedt (on the left is) I've been wondering that as well. Don't recall seeing him in any of the u23 games I've watched.
    Definitely not Stephens on his right, actually looks more like Shane Long (but isn't). They've obviously been added as back up behind Hoedt who is just about due another horlicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Not the clearest of photos but I think it might be Harry Hamlin on the left.

On the right is Jack Stephens.
    Pretty certain itís Jake Vokins on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Pretty certain it’s Jake Vokins on the left.
    Bingo! I see it now. Thanks.

Long on the right surely?

Long has an ankle injury that has been operated on

13. Default

Definitely not Long, makes sense for it to be Stephens but just looks slimmer and hair looks different

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    Long has an ankle injury that has been operated on
    Hopefully they finish it well. Might rub off.

Massive game, gonna be optimistic - we sneak it 2-1.

16. Default

Ralph will deserve massive credit if he can suddenly make this lot win a game after 1 training session.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BotleySaint View Post
    Hopefully they finish it well. Might rub off.
    They should have just swapped his feet.

Things are looking pretty bleak atm so we really need a win here. 9 points over christmas is what we need to be aiming for. 3 wins. That's more than half the amount of wins we've had in the last 46 games.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    They should have just swapped his feet.
    Very good!

Something got to happen for him to improve surely?

So todays the day, don't expect the guy to produce miracles in one training session but hoping he has done enough with the defence to avoid a defeat here.

One spare concession ticket for the game. Free to a good home. Have to meet in Cardiff. PM or post here if interested.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

can see us losing this as we have a squad low on confidence trying to quickly take on a new philosophy

having said that my heart says a colossal 4-0 win COYS!

Default Cardiff vs Saints - Build Up

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    They both seem to be basing it on him not knowing how Cardiff will play, but we were told that Cardiff was one of the team's he watched last week. I wouldn't be surprised if he also has watched their Tuesday game as well.

Plus I'd still fancy our chances of beating them with Hughes, they really are not very good, I know neither are we but I think we have more quality and our luck has to change at some point.
    I have heard some of the PL games are videoed so you never know he might have watched something. Stab in the dark I know. Takes a proper football bloke to know the PL. Need new pundits - like the Sky panel but many living in the past with their knowledge of what is going on. Even you would have scored that one Geoff. Not with my head I wouldnít chortle chortle

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    I have heard some of the PL games are videoed so you never know he might have watched something. Stab in the dark I know. Takes a proper football bloke to know the PL. Need new pundits - like the Sky panel but many living in the past with their knowledge of what is going on. Even you would have scored that one Geoff. Not with my head I wouldnít chortle chortle
    Austrian = well, lets just say German = two world wars and one world cup= don't like it up 'em = British Bulldog Warnock vs Fancy Dan foreigner = This means nothing to me this means nothing to me ohhhh Vienna.

For me 3-0 to the English team Cardiff, Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Austrian = well, lets just say German = two world wars and one world cup= don't like it up 'em = British Bulldog Warnock vs Fancy Dan foreigner = This means nothing to me this means nothing to me ohhhh Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post

'Itler was Austrian me mucker. Spririt of da DAmbusterssssss. AVVVEEE ITTTT WARNOCK ME OLD CHINA

I reckon he'll go with his 4-2-2-2 formation from the off and will expect the players to fit into it. Is Targett fit? If not, he might go for Vokins at LB, as he's been promoted as a big supporter of chances for the youth players.
    McCarthy
    Cedric/Valery Vestergaard Yoshida Vokins/Targett
    Lemina Hojbjerg
    Armstrong Redmond
    Austin Gabbiadini (basically, who else is fit?)

Cedric has posted a message saying "Good luck team" on Facebook, Do you think this means he's out today ?

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Cedric has posted a message saying "Good luck team" on Facebook, Do you think this means he's out today ?
    Maybe. I'll be amazed if Austin starts.

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    I heard he could not finish the 8 lap sprints around the pitch and the 2,000 burpees yesterday so he has been dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    What he's about is 5 yards too slow. It's no good being 7 foot 6 if, when the ball and man goes past you on the deck, you constantly fail to recover. He has to improve in this area or he's not going to find it easy holding down a place.
    Likewise pace is useless if you're in the wrong position or don't even think to follow the man.

Not all great defenders are the fastest it's crazy to write off Vesterguard solely for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Maybe. I'll be amazed if Austin starts.

No way he's a long term player under Ralph, but this is Cardiff and we need goals. This is the level Austin scores at, and Ralph saw everyone miss but him Wednesday. I think he'll start AND score today.

Austin will start, do a few sprints to close down and the hammy will go.
    Last edited by skintsaint; 08-12-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Going to be difficult maintaining a 4-2-2-2 with both our favoured wing backs out.

Excited for a game for the first time In forever. Genuinely looking forward to seeing what the hutch can do.

A few tibits I’ve been told -

It’s been going on a while, Hughes was getting the bullet whenever we got him.
    Atmosphere at the club was horrid under Hughes. Very detached from first team.
    Bertrand a bad influence. Often late for training and acts like he owns the place.
    Austin similar. Massive ego.
    Redmond not great around the place.
    Ralph has banned all player apprences this week.
    He’s also banned anyone bar coaches watching the training sessions.
    He’s a disciplinarian and strict.

I like

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Funny how people weren't saying this when he was smashing goals in.
    2 goals from open play isn't exactly smashing them in is it?

Quote Originally Posted by SFC-TID! View Post
    A few tibits Iíve been told -

Itís been going on a while, Hughes was getting the bullet whenever we got him.
    Bertrand a bad influence. Often late for training and acts like he owns the place.
    Heís also banned anyone bar coaches watching the training sessions.
    Heís a disciplinarian and strict.
    In Hutch we trust!

Austin has been awful in recent games but he was much more involved at Tottenham. Maybe a new manager is what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    He's not registered in the 25 man squad, so can't play.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    We only listed 24 players in the Squad. I don't know if rules allow him to be added as the 25th Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Austin has been awful in recent games but he was much more involved at Tottenham. Maybe a new manager is what he needs.
    He was more involved because he came on with 20 minutes left when we were 3-0 down and the game was already over. Just look at the goal he scored; he didn't sprint through their defence because he has suddenly acquired an extra 5 yards of pace. Spurs defenders were in the bar when he scored that goal and in second gear from 60th minute onward.

My forecast is 2-2.

There goes our ITK training tip offs then. Also explains why Staplewood security have been issued with "Shoot on sight" instructions along with this picture

A few tibits I’ve been told -

It’s been going on a while, Hughes was getting the bullet whenever we got him.
    He’s also banned anyone bar coaches watching the training sessions.
    He’s a disciplinarian and strict.
    apprences?

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzel View Post
    There goes our ITK training tip offs then. Also explains why Staplewood security have been issued with "Shoot on sight" instructions along with this picture

47. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brumsaint View Post
    I reckon he'll go with his 4-2-2-2 formation from the off and will expect the players to fit into it. Is Targett fit? If not, he might go for Vokins at LB, as he's been promoted as a big supporter of chances for the youth players.
    McCarthy
    Cedric/Valery Vestergaard Yoshida Vokins/Targett
    Lemina Hojbjerg
    Armstrong Redmond
    Austin Gabbiadini (basically, who else is fit?)
    I think that could be a bit suicidal to start with. He spoke about priority being to improve the defence so wouldn’t be surprised to see some form of 3-4-3 to start. Something like

McCarthy
    Stephens Vestergaard Bednarek
    Cedric Hojbjerg Lemina Targett
    Armstrong Gabbiadini Redmond

About time

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pete View Post
    I think that could be a bit suicidal to start with. He spoke about priority being to improve the defence so wouldnít be surprised to see some form of 3-4-3 to start. Something like

McCarthy
    Stephens Vestergaard Bednarek
    Cedric Hojbjerg Lemina Targett
    Armstrong Gabbiadini Redmond
    Don't think this will be far off.

Have heard similar to this before, and that he had the captains armband in an attempt to temper this.