Cardiff vs Saints - Build Up

Lighthouse

Guessing he’s going for aerial ability from his 2 center backs. Glad Valery is starting.

Thought Romeu looked so off the pace in his cameo on wed, so hoping that won’t be the case today. Maybe in for his height too.

Given how he wants to play really suprised Austin is starting.

Also disappointed Davis is completely absent after playing really well we’d.

Is it?

McCarthy

Valery, Vesta, Berdanek, Targett

Lemina Rom Hoj

Redmond Chaz Armstron

or

McCarthy

Valery, Vesta, Berdanek, Targett

Rom Hoj

Lemina Armstrong

Redmond Ings

my guess is that it is a 433, that's what he said in his presser on Thursday that he can play a 433/343 if his preferred 4222 isn't ready.

Lemina likelier to be the more advanced of the midfield 3 too probably.

Having just seen the Cardiff line up ...I have never heard of any of them except Arter!!

Lets hope for a feel good factor with the new boss rather than a fear they'll be out on their arses if they dont perform. Our wing backs and mid fielders will have to cover Target and Valery closely.

Optimistic .... why do this to myself, but feel like a win on the cards today. COYS

Viva la revolution!!

No impact players on the bench.

Not sure i understand what you mean. Gabbi and Elyounoussi are attacking players that you would hope could create or score a goal if they are brought on. Whether they make any impact on this specific game is a different story

I honesty don't know if Bednarek is any good. He did OK in five man defence, but not exactly exposed. Cardiff one of the easiest opponents he could face, so you'd hope he looked as solid as a rock.

none of the cb’s are any good though. It’s a case of roll the dice and see how it goes I guess.

I honesty don't know if Bednarek is any good. He did OK in five man defence, but not exactly exposed. Cardiff one of the easiest opponents he could face, so you'd hope he looked as solid as a rock.

I had this thought earlier, looked it up and he is playing in a back four with Poland.

In a five man defence against top teams. Can't overlook that.

I had this thought earlier, looked it up and he is playing in a back four with Poland.

wonder how he has been doing. Poland haven't kept a lot of clean sheets in recent times, but he may have been good for them. I'm not sure I was terribly impressed. he didnt look dominant in the air or fast for us.

Yeah, 6th, 8th and a european championship medal. must be rubbish

Ah but to use the consensus opinion on this forum as logic...That 8th placed team finished closer to the relegation zone than 7th. If the manager can't claim it as an achievement then neither can the players.