Maserati Granturismo / Grancabrio

benjii

Insurance group 50 and high servicing costs, similar to Ferrari and other Italian Exotica.

Beautiful car thou. Second hand?

It's just a thought but you can get a relatively low-mileage example for a pretty attractive price nowadays.

Lousy MPG and high-servicing costs, although recommended service interval is 2 years or 12,500 miles so it's not too bad. Most resources online, albeit largely anecdotal, suggest they are pretty reliable.

I do believe it's the best looking car around (ignoring some of the genuine "super" cars), even though it's now over 10 years old. It also sounds amazing and is relatively practical with 2 proper rear seats and some boot space in the coupe.

It's just a thought but you can get a relatively low-mileage example for a pretty attractive price nowadays.

Lousy MPG and high-servicing costs, although recommended service interval is 2 years or 12,500 miles so it's not too bad. Most resources online, albeit largely anecdotal, suggest they are pretty reliable.

I do believe it's the best looking car around (ignoring some of the genuine "super" cars), even though it's now over 10 years old. It also sounds amazing and is relatively practical with 2 proper rear seats and some boot space in the coupe.

So it was one I was looking at a year or so ago. The issue is the £2k servicing costs, and that put me off. As you say though, beautiful cars with good performance. Is a Nissan GTR out of your price range?

So it was one I was looking at a year or so ago. The issue is the £2k servicing costs, and that put me off. As you say though, beautiful cars with good performance. Is a Nissan GTR out of your price range?

Nissan GTR a bit too lairy in image really, although I'm sure it would be great fun to drive!

Edited by benjii

Sorry just seen your reply. As UJ says above, servicing costs are high. But then it's all relative. It should be fairly reliable as it was built in conjunction with Ferrari. It's a gorgeous car.

Depends what mileage you intend to do? Or is it a "weekend" car?

I would use it pretty much daily. From some forums, most of the people who have had problems with them seem to be the occasional users who keep the car stuck in a garage for months on end.

Think you need to be careful what options are on it too. There was an option for ceramic brakes on some of the models. Whilst they are apparently excellent brakes, it's £12k(!!!) to replace a set.

The 2018 models are the last in production too, I think, so I'm not sure if that means it will become more sought after and value will hold well, or if loads of existing owners will try to trade in when Maserati release the replacement in a couple of years and cause values to drop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Did you ever go for it Benji

I finally did!

Got a 2015 GT Sport yesterday.

Haven't really had a chance to take it for a proper drive yet but it seems to have a bit of a split personality. Keep it in standard Auto mode and you need to rev it pretty hard for it to feel fast or particularly lively. It just feels like an exec saloon when you're driving in traffic. Stick it in sport or manual sport and it gets pretty feisty though and if you floor it, it throws you back into your seat big time and it ROARS!

I've only really been on boring straight roads so need to take it out on a more interesting route.

I finally did!

Got a 2015 GT Sport yesterday.

Haven't really had a chance to take it for a proper drive yet but it seems to have a bit of a split personality. Keep it in standard Auto mode and you need to rev it pretty hard for it to feel fast or particularly lively. It just feels like an exec saloon when you're driving in traffic. Stick it in sport or manual sport and it gets pretty feisty though and if you floor it, it throws you back into your seat big time and it ROARS!

I've only really been on boring straight roads so need to take it out on a more interesting route.

Surely you can afford a newer model?

Surely you can afford a newer model?

Can't afford a completely new one. There aren't many newer used models on the market. And, in any case, it's a fairly old car, in the sense that they haven't changed a huge amount since it first came out, other than some front cosmetics around 2013. So a 2015, 2016, 2014 etc. are all fairly similar.

It's only done 15k miles anyway so it's pretty new mechanically.