Spurs Fans

spyinthesky

There were a group of Spurs fans in the corporates at Wembley who were moaning about Saints fans singing 'Oh When the Saints' as this now, according to them, is a well known Spurs song.

Seems that Spurs arent the only 'fans' who have hijacked the song.

Think it is now in the Stoke repertoire and possibly Liverpool (understandably), amongst others.

Fame at last but perhaps time to improve the range of chants/songs, which has always been a bit of a problem.

33,000 at Wembley provides a very dire atmosphere.

I presume it was tongue in cheek.

And pretty much every club now sings a version of it. It doesn't really matter. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence realises that the original song mentions Saints. Not Spurs/reds/blues etc.

Wembley is always a dire atmosgere, especially when Spurs are playing.

Do you really think that Spurs fans believe it was their song. Perhaps they mean the slow version they sing, rather than our traditional faster paced one. Ever since I have been watching Saints opposition teams have used OWTS . Much like I recall on many occasions our fans singing youll never walk alone.

Ive never heard other fans singing Chelseas 'Blue is the colour' or Coventrys one that Jimmy Hill invented

Do you really think that Spurs fans believe it was their song. Perhaps they mean the slow version they sing, rather than our traditional faster paced one. Ever since I have been watching Saints opposition teams have used OWTS . Much like I recall on many occasions our fans singing youll never walk alone.

Ive never heard other fans singing Chelseas 'Blue is the colour' or Coventrys one that Jimmy Hill invented

Yes I do believe some of them think that, they would have no idea of the background and history of the song not being the most brightest sure same applies to some of our fans too

Do you really think that Spurs fans believe it was their song.

I know Spurs fans who genuinely believe it is 'their song' and we stole it from them. Despite the lyrics being written with 'Saints' in them. :rolleyes: :mcinnes:

It would be daft if we started singing 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' or 'Delilah' at St Mary's, so it is odd other clubs use our tradition song.

Edited by Matthew Le God