Time for the fanbase to stick with the manager whatever??

OldNick

Time for the fanbase to stick with the manager whatever. Seems to me that it is time that we buckle up and stay with the manager. If we go down we need to stay behind him and hope he can get us back up.I feel listening to fellow fans that we are a lot more hopeful and perhaps the tide may turn.

Changing the manager is tiresome, and hopefully this choice seems to have a bit of unity behind him.

Fingers crossed

Time for the fanbase to stick with the manager whatever. Seems to me that it is time that we buckle up and stay with the manager. If we go down we need to stay behind him and hope he can get us back up.I feel listening to fellow fans that we are a lot more hopeful and perhaps the tide may turn.

Changing the manager is tiresome, and hopefully this choice seems to have a bit of unity behind him.

Fingers crossed

If he delivers on his promise of aggressive pressing & attacking football, I think the fan base will naturally get behind the team.

Give him at least 10 games before we start the Ralph Out thread.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

10 games? I was going for 15 minutes of the Cardiff game if we aren't at least 3 up..

TBH I'm tempted to go early on this one. I figure even if he gives us a great couple of seasons eventually it will fall apart (as it always does in football). Then I can present myself as some sort of prescient genius to the forum who pointed out what a disaster it was going to be :D

Nobody is going to have a problem with that. This is the first managerial appointment since Koeman that we've all been happy with. Sticking with Hughes and Pellegrino no matter what was never going to unite the fanbase when so many of us thought they were poor appointments.

Furthermore, getting rid of one of the most divisive characters we've ever had in the club, Les Reed, (you just have to look at the number of bitter arguments about him on here to see that) has brought all the fans and club together again.

I’m not expecting that football for a while tbh. Let’s get the basic defending right first.

I'm not even sure we have the players to play that way (or at least not enough good ones to fill a starting 11).

At the moment I'd be happy to grind out a few 1-0 wins just for points and confidence. I mean if Ralph can get them playing aggressive pressing football after a couple of training sessions great but I wouldn't hold it against him if we were dour and boring but winning.

This thread is a bit easy isn't it?

This appointment has united the fanbase more than any appointment I can ever remember: maybe Alan Ball or Hoddle taking over from Jones is comparable. Everyone wants Ralph to do well. Everyone is behind the manager. No one needs to be told to "get behind" him.

It would have been a little braver to do the "lets get behind the manager whatever" routine when that "whatever" was one win all season.....after all Alex Ferguson three years etc etc etc etc etc

Time for the fanbase to start 'supporting' the team and making a bit of noise, it's been dire for years, even during the good times. We've moaned the club and players haven't been doing their bit, neither have the fans.

Completely agree. There's a difference between watching the team and supporting them. Being at the ground isn't an automatic entitlement to groan every time we do something other than score a goal. Support them loud and proud and it will have an effect.

Fingers crossed

Perhaps it time for some to understand Puel has gone and not bring him up everytime we lose or draw too?

Farke took over at Norwich in May 2017 and had a really underwhelming first season, lost best players (Alex Pritchard, James Maddison, Murphy twins, Gunn); but the usually impatient Norwich fans were patient because the manager had a plan. This season leading the Championship with a group of players with no obvious stars.

A lesson for us possibly?

I don't think there will be any issues with fans backing the manager, but I do think they've run out of patience with the players, judging by the reaction at the end of the game at Cardiff where the fans anger was directed at the players poor effort. Not surprisingly considering our winless run.