Weekend’s other games - Wagner leaves Huddersfield

whelk

He won’t take it, too big a risk to have a relegation on his CV
Agree, I think they are too close to the drop and don't have enough quality to get them out. Anybody who goes in will need a near miracle to keep them up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

They can't afford Big Sam and they are completely and utterly relegated already so he wouldn't take it.

Best they'll get is someone who inspires a decent end to the season to take into their first season back in the Championship. Bit of charisma. Bit of swagger. Bit of know-how.

Alan freaking Pardew. Natural born Terrier.

Incredible that if we won a game then drew the next all through season and would be unbeaten - we still wouldn’t be in the top 4

City look so good - so much talent in that squad the scousers must be sweating.

Stupid decision to sack Wagner, miracle he even got them up and kept them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. A classic situation where a club that have been nothing for years suddenly feel that, after a couple of decent seasons, membership of the premiership is a god given right. Wagner has been brilliant for them and has as good a chance as anyone else to get them back up if or when they get relegated.

He wasn't sacked.

He asked for a break from football.

If you read the comment from the owner he had no intention of pulling the trigger either, having been on a ride that not even he expected. Wouldn’t be surprised if the penalty that was awarded then overruled on Saturday at Cardiff (which given, by comparison, the super soft ones the top 6 get awarded) turned out to be the last straw for Wagner in himself.

Do the bookies pay out on a sack race after a "mutual consent" departure?

Not that I had any money on Wagner, Puel or anyone else, just wondering.

I would think so. The waters are always so muddied when a manager leaves, I'm pretty sure they'd just pay out regardless wouldn't they? Even if he resigns?